Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #29
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
Will these arms work with Drag wheels 16" or 17"???????????
Currently they do not. We have been doing testing with Welds' 17x10 drag wheels and are currently implementing a few changes that may make this combination compatible.
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #30
shines

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
That's right everyone - here is the first sneak peak of an INSTALLED set of BMR's ALL NEW, NOT YET RELEASED Adjustable Control Arms. Quickly after installing these on a bunch of cars in the shop we discovered how essential they were and tossed a set on our shop car, which we found did not work. After quickly getting on the phone with BMR to discuss the options, these bad boys were created!!

PM for details and pre-order info
What problem do these control arms solve?
shines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:12 AM   #31
Darkstar November

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shines View Post
What problem do these control arms solve?
The non adju arms are shorter and you cant run as much camber with them. These will give a very large amount of adjustment
Darkstar November is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #32
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
These adjustable lower control arms are all about giving you ample adjustment to be able to adjust your camber within a very large range. I just saw a couple revisions we made to give even more wheel clearance and I think everyone will really like them. There has been a ton of time in the development of these arms.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #33
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
These adjustable lower control arms are all about giving you ample adjustment to be able to adjust your camber within a very large range. I just saw a couple revisions we made to give even more wheel clearance and I think everyone will really like them. There has been a ton of time in the development of these arms.
excellent news

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
MANNYS2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #34
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Nice!!

I didn't know that BMR had coil overs?
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #35
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Running 16" wheels and V6 brakes will these arms be able to be sectioned if need be?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #36
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
Nice!!

I didn't know that BMR had coil overs?
We have been developing them for a bit now, so hopefully we will have something released pretty soon for all our Cmaro customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
Running 16" wheels and V6 brakes will these arms be able to be sectioned if need be?????

Let me check with my R&D guys and I will let you know. I am pretty sure that with the revisions we are currently making the smallest wheel you will be able to fit the rear BMR lower control arms with are 17" but I will verify 100% for you.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #37
BMR guy

Wheel backspacing will obviously play a major role in this. The 17" Weld has a lot of backspace and gets really close to the lower shock bushing and bolt. We clearanced our current design control arm to work with this wheel.... and its really close. Any more and the shock hole would have to be relocated upward or inward or possibly both. Neither of these is a good idea using the stock components as it will alter geometry, ride height, etc. That being said, we may eventually resurrect a past project that involved Strange double adjustable coil-overs, a new upper coil-over mount, and a lightweight tubular chrome moly lower control designed specifically for 16" wheels and V6 brakes. Since the current revision will work (once released) with the 17" Welds (and possibly Bogarts as well), this will address 90% of the drag racers out there. Unfortunately this makes the 16" "kit" not a high priority for now but check back periodically. The more requests we get, the higher up the list it goes.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #38
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Thanks Brett for going the extra mile to answer my question!!!
Thanks Andrew!!!!

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #39
RaiderSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 DeadBLK
I have my rear XA Coilovers dropped to lowest setting and the front sits less than an inch higher. As a result the inner three inches on my rear tires are wearing unevenly. My alignment shop told me when I first lowered it in order to get back to zero camber I needed shorter LCA's. But since I want the ability to swap between 20" and 22" rear wheels I have built my suspension with all BMR spherical and adjustable rods arms links and sways. Now that I have finished my entire BMR Pro Bushing package I need the Adjustable LCA's to complete the rear suspension phase of my build.....

Whats the latest on the release date?
Old 09-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #40
BMR guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderSS View Post
I have my rear XA Coilovers dropped to lowest setting and the front sits less than an inch higher. As a result the inner three inches on my rear tires are wearing unevenly. My alignment shop told me when I first lowered it in order to get back to zero camber I needed shorter LCA's. But since I want the ability to swap between 20" and 22" rear wheels I have built my suspension with all BMR spherical and adjustable rods arms links and sways. Now that I have finished my entire BMR Pro Bushing package I need the Adjustable LCA's to complete the rear suspension phase of my build.....

Whats the latest on the release date?
We hand built the initial set to test clearances and to finalize the design. Now I am just waiting for samples of actual production pieces from the laser cutter. The wheel reliefs were fairly complicated and give the arm a very unique, stealth bomber, multi-angular look. Since this added more complication to the design and TIG welding requires such a precise fit, the "tweaking" is taking a little longer than normal. We should have some production samples next week to test fit and fixturing. As long as everything fits to our specifications, we could start the production run as early as the 3rd. I am thinking early to mid-October for the product release if there are no problems.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #41
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR guy View Post
Since the current revision will work (once released) with the 17" Welds (and possibly Bogarts as well), this will address 90% of the drag racers out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR guy View Post
As long as everything fits to our specifications, we could start the production run as early as the 3rd. I am thinking early to mid-October for the product release if there are no problems.
Hey BMR guy,
Any updates on the release date of these adjustable control arms? Prices yet? Will they definitely be compatible with the 17" Weld Wheels? Just curious....this may finally justify my purchase of the Welds....

Thanks.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #42
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
i want to know the same^^^^^^
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmr, camaro, control arms, torq