Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #29
RoketRdr

Drives: 2010 Duramax; 2012 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardok View Post
So once I get launched can I just keep the gas pedal down while I use the clutch to go through the gears?
Yes...that's what the "no-lift shift" feature is. Once you "mat" the peddle to prepare for launch you don't let it off the floor until you finish the run. It MUST stay at 100% throttle position or it will disengage launch control and the no-lift shift algorithm.
RoketRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:44 AM   #30
stardok

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1657
Thanks, can't wait to try it but only 700 miles on it now.
stardok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #31
JLambCWU
JET JOCK

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL-1, Dakota 4x4 Ext Cab
So after following the instructions to the proverbial T, even with agrresively lifting off the clutch, (ie NOT slipping it) I've smelled the clutch twice using launch control. Has anyone else ran into this?
JLambCWU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #32
s_c5519

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
There are three switches on the center console. From left to right: Tour, Sport, and Stabiltrak. Depress the stabiltrak switch twice. Two yellow lights will activate on the right gauge cluster. The driver info center directly above the steering wheel will show you are in sport mode two with PTM on. Depress the sport switch to go up to mode 3, 4, and race mode 5. Depress the tour switch to move back down though the scale. You can use launch control in any mode of tour or sport only with PTM activated. Launch control can only be used when you depress the stabiltrak switch TWICE and enter the PTM mode. In PTM hold and keep the accelerator to the floor and keep it planted there.
The first time you press the stabiltrak button twice it starts off in default mode 2. Does that mean that it is always in mode 2 even before you press the stabiltrak button twice? Meaning are we always in mode 2, or is there no mode on before you push stabiltrak twice?
s_c5519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #33
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_c5519 View Post
The first time you press the stabiltrak button twice it starts off in default mode 2. Does that mean that it is always in mode 2 even before you press the stabiltrak button twice? Meaning are we always in mode 2, or is there no mode on before you push stabiltrak twice?
When you start the car, there are no PTM levels activated. The default mode is Sport....the Sport switch on the center console will be lighted. Each and every time you start the car, you have to manually set the level of PTM if you so desire to. In Sport mode, launch control can not be used, and TC and ESC are on. Once the car is started, you can enter any level of PTM by depressing twice the Stabiltrak switch. After doing that, the TC and ESC will be deactivated and two yellow lights will illuminate on the right gauge cluster. You will be in Sport PTM2. Also the DIC above the steering wheel will reflect this information. Press Sport to go up the PTM scale, press Tour to go down the scale. In any mode of PTM Launch Control can be used. Once you shut the car off, it defaults to Sport MRC, no PTM selected. The safest modes are Tour or Sport, no PTM levels activated.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #34
s_c5519

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
When you start the car, there are no PTM levels activated. The default mode is Sport....the Sport switch on the center console will be lighted. Each and every time you start the car, you have to manually set the level of PTM if you so desire to. In Sport mode, launch control can not be used, and TC and ESC are on. Once the car is started, you can enter any level of PTM by depressing twice the Stabiltrak switch. After doing that, the TC and ESC will be deactivated and two yellow lights will illuminate on the right gauge cluster. You will be in Sport PTM2, press Sport to go up the PTM scale, press Tour to go down the scale. Once you shut the car off, it defaults to Sport MRC, no PTM selected.
oh ok great, thanks for the details!

When I start the car it is in tour mode, not sport. I am guessing that it remembers the last mode it was in before I shut the car off...

Yup, mine's a stick too OldScoolCamaro...

Last edited by s_c5519; 09-28-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: added info
s_c5519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #35
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_c5519 View Post
oh ok great, thanks for the details!

When I start the car it is in tour mode, not sport. I am guessing that it remembers the last mode it was in before I shut the car off...
OK, cool!. Mine is a stick, and it has always started in Sport, you may be correct about that, as I have only tried Tour a couple times for a feel of the ride compared to the other levels. They are all noticeably different!