Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
1LE to SSX

Sooooooo....... ive been debating since i ordered my 1le what im going to do as far as modding and in the last few days i have been feeling the SSX look. It also gives me a template as far as mods suspension suspension suspension,and a few power mods (enough to get to ls7 levels and thats it i swear). I would do as much as possible but not all of the stuff that was done to the car.

Interior: I wouldnt gut my interior but a bolt in harness bar, COPO seats and a temporary rear seat delete i think is in the spirit of the SSX.

Exterior: appropriate black out's front and rear, Zl1 rockers, a spare trunk deck with that ricer spoiler, tow hook, red bowties. It supposedly had a unique lower grill but it looks the same to me . So i think i will add a ZL1 grill and find a lower grill that will look good with it. the splitter i don't think i need to change that but . I am also thinking about adding a few personal touches. Wrap the roof and trunk in flat black and either the havoc or ZL1 diffuser. Last i think would be a full set of SSX badges for the rear grill and an SSX decal for the sides.

Performance: the easy yet expensive part starts with six piston front brakes a suspension job based on recommendations from the experts here on the site tailored to the 1le. As far as adding power as stated before getting to LS7 stock RWHP is good enough for me I hope. Id prefer to get there without mods that need a tune but......... I think ill need that GMPP LS3 ported heads and LS7 cam package. And last is the Zr1 twin disc clutch or a suitable aftermarket one

so what do yall think i welcome any or ????????
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
that spoiler would probably function great at speeds we won't see around town and interstate. long road course type situations.
cool idea for exterior...its what I would do totally. Interior...eh...I'd keep it intact as is unless you are tracking it. 500whp NA...that would be the ticket.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
If you plan on doing the SSX look from the 1LE, do it right. The SSX that I have seen didn't have any ZL1 exterior parts on other than CF rockers. So I would try and stay true to what it looks like, atleast exterior wise. I'd rather see a SSX conversion oppose to a ZL1 conversion anyday.

Go for it!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
SSX convrsion would be amazing!!! Be careful if you add the matte black roof and trunk lid, as they wont match the hood.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
right to travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
that spoiler would probably function great at speeds we won't see around town and interstate. long road course type situations.
cool idea for exterior...its what I would do totally. Interior...eh...I'd keep it intact as is unless you are tracking it. 500whp NA...that would be the ticket.
I will try to track someday when i move to where there are some tracks to go to and i will do min to get the SSX look on the inside. 500rwhp is a bit more than the goal of stock Z06 rwhp of 430-460 but 500 is a nice round number
Old 01-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
right to travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
SSX convrsion would be amazing!!! Be careful if you add the matte black roof and trunk lid, as they wont match the hood.
where does gm get the wrap from?? do they use special color or somthing
Old 01-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
right to travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
If you plan on doing the SSX look from the 1LE, do it right. The SSX that I have seen didn't have any ZL1 exterior parts on other than CF rockers. So I would try and stay true to what it looks like, atleast exterior wise. I'd rather see a SSX conversion oppose to a ZL1 conversion anyday.

Go for it!
as far as the diffuser goes im not a big fan of the stock one and i didnt get NPP. i figured i add a few things here and there to update the original concept to have a few of the newer components that weren't there when the SSX was unveiled
Old 01-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Its done less than 10 miles from the Oshawa factory in Canada, its driven there and explains the 14 miles when it arrived at the dealership. Is the issue is that it isnt really matte more of a semi-gloss vinyl. There is a post here somewhere with a matte black wrapped 1LE and the hood jumps out as different.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #9
right to travel

oh i gotcha.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #10
SumWhite1LE
King of All

Drives: 2014 Summit White Z28 #275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Its done less than 10 miles from the Oshawa factory in Canada, its driven there and explains the 14 miles when it arrived at the dealership. Is the issue is that it isnt really matte more of a semi-gloss vinyl. There is a post here somewhere with a matte black wrapped 1LE and the hood jumps out as different.

The dealership said they had the hood recovered as well and it was the lighting at the time that made the hood look different.
SumWhite1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #11
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
Sooooooo....... ive been debating since i ordered my 1le what im going to do as far as modding and in the last few days i have been feeling the SSX look. It also gives me a template as far as mods suspension suspension suspension,and a few power mods (enough to get to ls7 levels and thats it i swear). I would do as much as possible but not all of the stuff that was done to the car.

Interior: I wouldnt gut my interior but a bolt in harness bar, COPO seats and a temporary rear seat delete i think is in the spirit of the SSX.

Exterior: appropriate black out's front and rear, Zl1 rockers, a spare trunk deck with that ricer spoiler, tow hook, red bowties. It supposedly had a unique lower grill but it looks the same to me . So i think i will add a ZL1 grill and find a lower grill that will look good with it. the splitter i don't think i need to change that but . I am also thinking about adding a few personal touches. Wrap the roof and trunk in flat black and either the havoc or ZL1 diffuser. Last i think would be a full set of SSX badges for the rear grill and an SSX decal for the sides.

Performance: the easy yet expensive part starts with six piston front brakes a suspension job based on recommendations from the experts here on the site tailored to the 1le. As far as adding power as stated before getting to LS7 stock RWHP is good enough for me I hope. Id prefer to get there without mods that need a tune but......... I think ill need that GMPP LS3 ported heads and LS7 cam package. And last is the Zr1 twin disc clutch or a suitable aftermarket one

so what do yall think i welcome any or ????????
If you had a Camaro SS to 'convert' into something similar to a Camaro SSX Track Car Concept, I would say go for it. But since you're getting a 1LE, I would go for the 1LE concept look.

Vehicle Highlights
Exterior:
• Icy White Metallic color with red accents and door graphics
• Carbon fiber hood, fenders, door and deck lid
• Exposed carbon fiber front splitter, rockers and adjustable rear wing
• Unique lower grille and brake ducts
Interior:
• Carpeting, sound deadener and rear seat deleted
• Ace suede-covered racing steering wheel and shifter
• SCCA-approved roll cage and window net
• Racing driver's seat with five-point harness
• Racing pedals
• Fire suppression system
• Fuel cell
• Video camera system mounted on the roll cage
Performance:
• LS3 6.2L V-8 enhanced with Chevrolet Performance Parts' camshaft, cylinder heads and dry-sump oiling system
• Production six-speed manual transmission with Corvette ZR1 twin-disc clutch
• Low-restriction air induction and exhaust systems
• Four-wheel disc racing brake system with six-piston front/four-piston rear calipers and drilled and slotted rotors
• Modified production suspension with Pfadt licensed components
• 20-inch racing wheels and tires

Vehicle highlights:
  • Victory Red exterior color, with flat black hood and hash mark extensions
  • Satin black splitter, rocker panels, rear spoiler and outside mirrors
  • Sport suspension featuring Magnetic Ride Control
  • Electric power steering
  • Six-speed manual close-ratio transmission
  • Lightweight 20x10-inch (front) and 20x11-inch (rear) racing wheels (satin black)
  • Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar G asymmetrical tires (from the ZL1)
  • Brembo six-piston front calipers, with two-piece front rotors, and four-piston rear calipers (Chevrolet Official Licensed Product)
  • Dual exhaust outlets with ZL1-style active exhaust and diffuser
  • Shock tower brace
  • Chevrolet Accessories red engine cover
  • Black leather interior with Light Stone stitching
  • Graphite Silver door and instrument panel inserts
  • ZL1 shifter with Light Stone stitching
  • ZL1 flat-bottom steering wheel
  • Chevrolet Accessories pedal kit
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote