Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #645
snapp32e

Drives: '81-Z28/'07-Tundra/'12-ZL1/'13-Jeep
Well consider tpower already has a vin and myself and a few others have TPW's already I would say the 2012MY will be in Canada also, how many is anyones guess though.
ZL1 #612
Old 03-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #646
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
I am sure that the cars will be fixed and shipped in the next few months. However playing devils' advocate, lets just say that the cars are not actually shipped until the 2013MY starts in mid June. If the cars are still in GM's hands and not shipped when the 2013 cars start rolling off, would they be considered a 2013 model or would the VIN dictate that they remain a 2012 model?
Old 03-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #647
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
A couple of problems with providing updates are that 1) updates can result in more questions being asked, and thus, requiring even more updates, etc., and 2) sometimes estimates, especially when it comes to a new design, can be incorrect, and if an estimate does end up being incorrect, someone will complain that the estimate was wrong, and that one is being given inaccurate information, etc.

Sometimes, it is much safer to issue a general statement such as, "There has been an issue that has been detected which needs to be addressed, and production will resume as soon as the issue has been satisfactorily resolved." I know that is often not satisfying to the customer, but it often provides as much information as can reasonably be imparted without creating a plethora of other problems.
Trust me, I have no problem with the hold and believe it is the right thing to do as I would not want to receive my vehicle only to have to give it right back. However, that "blanket" statement was issued two weeks ago and I think now would be a good time for a follow up statement letting us know that the correction is being handled as expected. If this is going to be another month or more, many of us would like to move our deposits to a '13 MY since they will be out shortly after and let someone else have our ’12 MY position. But since we have no idea what to expect, we are left hanging. Don’t need details, just another blanket statement to keep all those with skin in the game up to date.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #648
jbotta

Drives: Camaro ZL1
I got an update from gm connect today says as of 3/6/12 im 4B00 bayed and ready for transport. With the hold going on cant believe it says ready for transport why would they upgrade me with hold on, anybody else showing upgrade,Anybody with thoughts on this very confused
thanks joe
Old 03-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #649
jbotta

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotta View Post
I got an update from gm connect today says as of 3/6/12 im 4B00 bayed and ready for transport. With the hold going on cant believe it says ready for transport why would they upgrade me with hold on, anybody else showing upgrade,Anybody with thoughts on this very confused
thanks joe
can this be maybe things are rolling again
Old 03-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #650
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69NMYSS View Post
Trust me, I have no problem with the hold and believe it is the right thing to do as I would not want to receive my vehicle only to have to give it right back. However, that "blanket" statement was issued two weeks ago and I think now would be a good time for a follow up statement letting us know that the correction is being handled as expected. If this is going to be another month or more, many of us would like to move our deposits to a '13 MY since they will be out shortly after and let someone else have our ’12 MY position. But since we have no idea what to expect, we are left hanging. Don’t need details, just another blanket statement to keep all those with skin in the game up to date.
. An update would be much appreciated at this point. If GM would just send a general response stating: "Hello fellow ZL1 enthusiasts! Just to update you on the QC hold, We have narrowed the problem down and are nearly finished rectifying the QC situation. We plan on having the hold lifted at the end of March...". Many people need to make provisions for loans, selling their current car (my situation), etc. so a update would be welcomed.

Personally, I had initially timed selling my current vehicle around the status update and the email I got from my dealer and the news on this site which all indicated a mid-march Delivery and based on the responses to the car I'm selling, everything was going pretty smoothly. Now with this QC hold it throws a HUGE wrench in the works and frankly is irritating to say the least as it could be the end of April before I get the car and unless I want to bum rides from the wife for a month, I may have to turn down a buyer who wants my Lexus now (which I obviously don't want to do).
Old 03-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #651
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post
. An update would be much appreciated at this point. If GM would just send a general response stating: "Hello fellow ZL1 enthusiasts! Just to update you on the QC hold, We have narrowed the problem down and are nearly finished rectifying the QC situation. We plan on having the hold lifted at the end of March...". Many people need to make provisions for loans, selling their current car (my situation), etc. so a update would be welcomed.

Personally, I had initially timed selling my current vehicle around the status update and the email I got from my dealer and the news on this site which all indicated a mid-march Delivery and based on the responses to the car I'm selling, everything was going pretty smoothly. Now with this QC hold it throws a HUGE wrench in the works and frankly is irritating to say the least as it could be the end of April before I get the car and unless I want to bum rides from the wife for a month, I may have to turn down a buyer who wants my Lexus now (which I obviously don't want to do).
We're in the same situation except I'd get a M3 or something of that nature.... I knew the Z was to good to be true an why in the beginning I always had my doubts... I HOPE it comes out by June but who knows... I did read however that it could take MONTHS... This was hinted from a GM magazine a week ago
Old 03-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #652
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
I got the email this morning and I'm told there's no hold on the ZL1.
I asked if there's a dealership in Hawaii that has an allotment and if there's a production hold on the ZL1, I also asked for a brochure...the following is the reply I got.

Here's a paste of my email:

Dear Mr. Williams,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and for your interest in the 2012 Camaro ZL1! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us. We would like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you today.

As a follow up to our phone conversation, base on our information there is not a hold on the Camaro ZL1. However, not all dealers will be able to order the ZL1. We recommend working with your local Chevrolet dealer to see if they may be able to order the vehicle for you. It was very nice talking to you and good luck with your purchase.

The 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Coupe accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 3.9 seconds and can reach a top speed of 184 mph. The heart of the Camaro ZL1 is a supercharged 6.2L engine is SAE-rated at 580 horsepower (432 kW) and 556 lb.-ft. of torque (754 Nm) making it the most-powerful production Camaro ever.

At Chevrolet, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-950-2438 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 9pm Eastern Time, and Saturday 9am to 6pm. Thank you for contacting Chevrolet!

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
http://www.chevrolet.com
Old 03-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #653
Seraphim53

Drives: camaro ZL1 2G1FS1EP6C9800160
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post

Same thing is going on here. I'm not upset about the hold, or the delay, or the 'Lack of communications.. I'm just having a hard time because of what you might call TOO MUCH INFORMATION. I'll explain

I did this when the new Camaro was still a concept car. I was in contact with a dealer I was familiar with as early as 2008 making sure they new I was serious about the new Camaros as soon as they were available. I ordered a Cyber Grey 2SS as soon as allocation was available and traded in my 3005 Mustang GT, and everything was smooth and flawless. I picked up my double digit VIN in 2009.

So I expected the same when the ZL1 became available. I made it known I wanted in as soon as they got their allocation. I got the second allocation when they got their numbers and when the orders went in I moved to number 1 when the guy ahead of me gave up the first slot for a chance at the carbon fiber insert that was put on hold.

So once again I was getting updates from GM and my dealer and 'watched' my car get built. This time thought when I got my completion notice, my VIN and my dealer told me the car was bayed and ready to ship I started my preparations (thinking I was a couple weeks out).

Got a buyer for my 2SS, and picked up a check from the bank....

That was in Feb... and wasn't true. Because GM wasn't telling all the dealers what was going on yet, I was being told that the car was done and should be put on a train any day.

What has actually happened is I have one bank check that's already expired, and a second that will expire on the 21st of march (costs me $50 every time I run out of time and have to get a new check) and I've had to turn down TWO buyers for my 2SS because I don't want to throw all my profit away in a rental I would need for some unknown amount of time.

So I'm looking at at least 1 more check reprint and possibly having to take black-book, instead of blue-book because I don't know what to tell a buyer (I've even stopped the adverts which I had funded for about a month).

After all that I'm still excited about my new ZL1, and I patiently await the pick-up. All the extra expense and running, and waiting and uncertainty I chock up as my cost of having one of the first ones off the line.

Plus I know that in 20 years my ZL1 with a VIN of 160 that I've cared for like a family member will make me forget about all the waiting and worrying.

just my $0.02
Old 03-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #654
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim53 View Post
Same thing is going on here. I'm not upset about the hold, or the delay, or the 'Lack of communications.. I'm just having a hard time because of what you might call TOO MUCH INFORMATION. I'll explain

I did this when the new Camaro was still a concept car. I was in contact with a dealer I was familiar with as early as 2008 making sure they new I was serious about the new Camaros as soon as they were available. I ordered a Cyber Grey 2SS as soon as allocation was available and traded in my 3005 Mustang GT, and everything was smooth and flawless. I picked up my double digit VIN in 2009.

So I expected the same when the ZL1 became available. I made it known I wanted in as soon as they got their allocation. I got the second allocation when they got their numbers and when the orders went in I moved to number 1 when the guy ahead of me gave up the first slot for a chance at the carbon fiber insert that was put on hold.

So once again I was getting updates from GM and my dealer and 'watched' my car get built. This time thought when I got my completion notice, my VIN and my dealer told me the car was bayed and ready to ship I started my preparations (thinking I was a couple weeks out).

That was in Feb... and wasn't true. Because GM wasn't telling all the dealers what was going on yet, I was being told that the car was done and should be put on a train any day.

What has actually happened is I have one bank check that's already expired, and a second that will expire on the 21st of march (costs me $50 every time I run out of time and have to get a new check) and I've had to turn down TWO buyers for my 2SS because I don't want to throw all my profit away in a rental I would need for some unknown amount of time.

So I'm looking at at least 1 more check reprint and possibly having to take black-book, instead of blue-book because I don't know what to tell a buyer (I've even stopped the adverts which I had funded for about a month).

After all that I'm still excited about my new ZL1, and I patiently await the pick-up. All the extra expense and running, and waiting and uncertainty I chock up as my cost of having one of the first ones off the line.

Plus I know that in 20 years my ZL1 with a VIN of 160 that I've cared for like a family member will make me forget about all the waiting and worrying.

just my $0.02
Identical situation bro! Expect I'm trading my SS in and it's loosing value fast!!!! It's not the hold it's everything that goes along with it... I got my loan and insurance ready to go and everything... Now I may have to reapply for a loan for the fourth time on the same car?!?!!! We're frustrated and we have reason... Call customer support and file a complaint as I did... Feels good in a sense... But sorry for your troubles man... Chevy needs to inform us better
Old 03-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #655
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim53 View Post

just my $0.02
I am in same boat, already sold 2003 Silverado and I have to redo loan on the 10th of April. Just would like more info on the matter, but I am not whining or complaining, just like ot be informed of the status of my 60, 000 dollar toy.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #656
Optimus

Drives: Former 2010 and 2013 Camaro owner
This may be total BS but a very good friend of mine who seems to be pretty well connected told me was that the hold was two fold:
1. Reprograming software to squeak more HP out of the ZL1
2. Reprograming software to eliminate Gas Guzzler Tax.

I have NO idea if either are true but he called me today to ask if I'd ordered my ZL1 yet and the topic of the hold came up.

Since I haven't "officially" ordered mine yet, the hold doesn't impact me (yet).

Optimus
Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #657
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
I have however noticed that the morale in the ZL1 room is not very good, so can anyone tell me where the train drops off their car in their area. Go to CSX system map and find out!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #658
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
This may be total BS but a very good friend of mine who seems to be pretty well connected told me was that the hold was two fold:
1. Reprograming software to squeak more HP out of the ZL1
2. Reprograming software to eliminate Gas Guzzler Tax.

I have NO idea if either are true but he called me today to ask if I'd ordered my ZL1 yet and the topic of the hold came up.

Since I haven't "officially" ordered mine yet, the hold doesn't impact me (yet).

Optimus

I'd say BS to both, takes way to much time to test and certify ...

Closed Thread

Tags
2012, boss vs zl1, camaro, camaro zl1, gt500 vs 700hp z/28, zl! dosp, zl1, zl1 hold, zl1 qc