Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #43
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Sounds like the key fob will do on/off depending if you have it wired hot or not.
Yeah, there are a lot of options here. Different options for different folks.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #44
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
You sound like you got your system set up pretty well. The emblempros switches are nice, and I have been talking with them about a 1/2 monster since I don't need that many switches, yet would like to still have space in the console. I do need switches for a line-lock and a few other items.

I personally don't use the effects unless I am at a show or a group gathering. That is why it isn't a big deal to me to leave the master unplugged. I still get the default colors exactly the color that I want them. Our testers do use the effects daily however.
The Emblem Pro Monster works well along with Cup holder switches to be a master on/off controller, but desperatly needs the added piece of your design to pull all together when fine tuning colors and effects. As stated my biggest hassel is picking up mulitple remotes to change colors or having to dance around the car for RGB boxes to pick up signal. No doubt that is more ammusing than my strobing array of lights during a show.
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #45
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 RJT View Post
Thanks! I don't care about colors while driving,while driving the default will be set as a stock looking default. But what I don't get is I have to unplug it to shut it off? No on/off via remote?
The HP module gets its power from the fuse box in the engine bay. There is a switch that we put next to the fuse box that has 3 settings. 1) On by ignition 2) Constant Power 3) Completely off

When at a show, option 2 is going to be the most desirable because the car will be off and you can run the lights the whole time.

Since my car is a DD, I keep it on option 1 to where when I turn my ignition on, the lights come on to default or whatever option I last left them on!

So you don't have to unplug anything to shut off the lights after driving. They will come on/shut off with your ignition as long as you keep that switch that position. Hope that helps!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #46
2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 RJT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
The HP module gets its power from the fuse box in the engine bay. There is a switch that we put next to the fuse box that has 3 settings. 1) On by ignition 2) Constant Power 3) Completely off

When at a show, option 2 is going to be the most desirable because the car will be off and you can run the lights the whole time.

Since my car is a DD, I keep it on option 1 to where when I turn my ignition on, the lights come on to default or whatever option I last left them on!

So you don't have to unplug anything to shut off the lights after driving. They will come on/shut off with your ignition as long as you keep that switch that position. Hope that helps!
Sure does. That switch is a nice feature. I'm assuming the module is waterproof?
2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #47
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Subscribed!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:51 AM   #48
mac1903

Drives: 2012 AGM 2LT RS Camaro
Subscribed! Very interested in seeing the finished product...
Installed/Completed: Flat Black Powder Coated Rims/MRT 2.0 Catback Exhaust with Roto-FAB CAI/Showstoppers Sequential LED Side Mirrors and Front/Rear LED Side markerts/Technostalgia LED Sequential TailLights/Flat Black Chevy Emblem Incerts
mac1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #49
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
these look awesome
Old 03-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #50
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 RJT View Post
Sure does. That switch is a nice feature. I'm assuming the module is waterproof?
I will have to say that the HP module included with the halo kit will be water-resistant. I don't think anyone wants to claim waterproof anymore. The SL and HP modules will be available separately too, and available with a water-resistant case or a non-water-resistant case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
Subscribed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1903 View Post
Subscribed! Very interested in seeing the finished product...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
these look awesome
Thanks!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #51
BBQdDude

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
Subscribed
BBQdDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:57 AM   #52
ThrasherJP1984

Drives: 2011 CGM V6 Camaro
OK i have a question?!? I have the JDP kit and i really like your setup, could i tie what you are making into the JDP Halos that i already have?
ThrasherJP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:03 AM   #53
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherJP1984 View Post
OK i have a question?!? I have the JDP kit and i really like your setup, could i tie what you are making into the JDP Halos that i already have?
Great question!

We are big fans of the JDP kit, and have been promoting their halo kit since they started offering it. That was the first kit I installed on my car, and I pre-ordered the kit before they were released.

We will be offering an upgrade to their kit shortly. This will basically turn their kit into a NightOwl system. You will be retaining their wiring harness, and their LEDs. This will save you a lot of time by not having to install the halo LEDs.

We have made our kit plug-and-play compatible with theirs. That should mean that there is no splicing required. Unhook their controller from the wiring harnesses, and plug ours in. It really should be that simple.

You will gain independent control over the halos, precise color selection, new program types, a remote with very good range, wifi control, and more. You'll also end up with a system that will let you expand into other parts of the car.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #54
ThrasherJP1984

Drives: 2011 CGM V6 Camaro
SOLD!!! Thanks!!

Quote:
Great question!

We are big fans of the JDP kit, and have been promoting their halo kit since they started offering it. That was the first kit I installed on my car, and I pre-ordered the kit before they were released.

We will be offering an upgrade to their kit shortly. This will basically turn their kit into a NightOwl system. You will be retaining their wiring harness, and their LEDs. This will save you a lot of time by not having to install the halo LEDs.

We have made our kit plug-and-play compatible with theirs. That should mean that there is no splicing required. Unhook their controller from the wiring harnesses, and plug ours in. It really should be that simple.

You will gain independent control over the halos, precise color selection, new program types, a remote with very good range, wifi control, and more. You'll also end up with a system that will let you expand into other parts of the car.
ThrasherJP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #55
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Any thing more concrete when product might be released. I have read several postings about product description and pending release, but that was awhile ago. Wasn't sure realistically if we could expect something by the end of the month or in months to come. Primary reason would help when deciding on other mods.

I could see a lengthy timeframe attempting to get vendors on board if not done so already.

Thanks for the info so far the info/videos so far. Gets everyone pumped up.
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #56
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
Quote:
Thanks. We're just about complete with our testing. I doubt our timeline will meet with yours for next month.
No worries. The car is almost ready for its spring tour for audio. I will check back next spring and see if everything was worked out.

Zach