Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #43
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post

Not over possesive. Maybe unrealistic but I guess I just expect for people to give me the same respect that I give people.

This punk kid was screaming by at the WRONG time. I had a baseball in my hand and I was close to the street. I saw the dent in the door as it happened.

No one had a right to damage your car, but you also had no right to damage that kid's car either.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #44
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
PQ!!! I'm so sorry!!
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #45
myblackcamaros

Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
Sorry to see that happen. Things like this is why I can't seem to drive my Camaro as much as I want too. I love driving that car but I don't want to leave it unattended.:(
Old 08-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #46
Red Rocket
Camaro Princess

Drives: 2010 VR 2LT RS
At least it was only a little one. I feel for you though.

When my car comes, I've been thinking about trying to park where employees do at stores. There would be less chance that they would come and get in there car than a customer. Hopefully, I can be in and out before anyone approaches my car.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #47
Capstone

Drives: .
Totally Blows man...
Capstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #48
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Sorry Dude, you're a nice guy and that should not have to happen to any one! I dread the day, I try not to go to "dangerous" parking lots, but stuff happens.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:26 PM   #49
volboy23

Drives: an SS.....
Quote:
Some peopl, I think, just don't give a $hit about anyone but themselves.
Unfortunately, this is way to many people in the world these days.
volboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #50
Teddydog

Drives: 21 LT1 RS M6 in SSM
Quote:
I have been known to 'react' poorly.

We had a problem with a kid driving like 60 mph through our neighborhood a long time ago. One time me and a buddy was playing catch with a baseball with my 4 yr old son in the yard. This punk kid was screaming by at the WRONG time. I had a baseball in my hand and I was close to the street. I saw the dent in the door as it happened. Kid didn't stop or come back. I fully expected a parent to knock on my door complaining but they never came. Bonnie was PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was in 1996 in Auburn, WA and I was only 26 yrs old. But I think I'd do it again now. We told that punk about the 25 mph limit. Small children and such. Oh, well.

He probably only heard the "thump" and thought he hit someone. He was probably home shakin' in his boots thinking they were going to "get him" for hit and run!

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:29 PM   #51
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I should have never had my car downtown to begin with but I figured I got a car, I might as well drive it. Junkie is right though, a car is meant to be driven. It just sux to follow all of the rules and do what's right and make yourself a target for the morons of the world.

And Stout, if the law won't handle it, I will. Never saw that kid again.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #52
Ghost Rider
I'm one bad Mamma Jamma

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
I have been known to 'react' poorly.

We had a problem with a kid driving like 60 mph through our neighborhood a long time ago. One time me and a buddy was playing catch with a baseball with my 4 yr old son in the yard. This punk kid was screaming by at the WRONG time. I had a baseball in my hand and I was close to the street. I saw the dent in the door as it happened. Kid didn't stop or come back. I fully expected a parent to knock on my door complaining but they never came. Bonnie was PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was in 1996 in Auburn, WA and I was only 26 yrs old. But I think I'd do it again now. We told that punk about the 25 mph limit. Small children and such. Oh, well.
I love this story! You did what everyone else wishes they would have done.

DELIVERED on August 25, 2009- 2010 2SS/RS, Yellow, A6, VIN # 34902

DELIVERED on September 9, 2009 -Custom Bumblebee Stripes and engine cover.

DELIVERED on September 10, 2009 - Painted GFX
Ghost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #53
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Yes I agree some people don't value there automobiles and treat them like crap and they look like crap. Then when you see people just open there doors wide open with no regards to the car the might be next them its pathetic. Or how about the lazy ppl who can't walk an extra few yards to put the shopping cart in the bins? I love that one nothing pisses me off more then a shopping cart left next to my car.

Maybe they just don't have regards to nice things and I bet there homes are the same dam way.. Anyway hope its an easy fix sorry to hear about ... Im dreading parking mine when I get it because I do get very upset at stupid people sad though most of the time you can't catch them in the act..
geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #54
snugglz128

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IBM 6-speed
i cried and got highly intoxicated when i got my first dent. not one week later that side of the car got drilled by a dodge ram. im getting an all new one now. long process but i guess in a round about way at least i will have another perfect car again. but yea you cant control that stuff. my dent came from a hotel parking lot where we had no other option for parking. and i ultimately lost my car from a loser who ran a red light. it sucks when this stuff happens! i like to say the dents/scratches in my cars give them "personality"
snugglz128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #55
Ghost Rider
I'm one bad Mamma Jamma

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudXTC View Post
man ... today i parked at work and the guy parked right next to me... note im in my 2006 sebring... so close i cant even come out of my car... i look at him... he looks at me... and im like wtf... i had to move my car... some ppl i tell you... pffttt
I'd have opened the door and hit him and then looked at at him like, "Yeah, and what are you gonna do about it dou@#e-bag?!?"

DELIVERED on August 25, 2009- 2010 2SS/RS, Yellow, A6, VIN # 34902

DELIVERED on September 9, 2009 -Custom Bumblebee Stripes and engine cover.

DELIVERED on September 10, 2009 - Painted GFX
Ghost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #56
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
That kind of just pisses me off. This makes me paranoide and I don't have my car yet!