Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #113
kencarguy
kencarguy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS- Inferno Orange w/Black
The front end noise still continues for me eight months later (6,500 mi)with no real satisfaction from my dealer or GM...I guess I will co ntinue to roll down the windows and turn up the music !!!
Anyone have an answer to the "strut-type" formt end noise?

Thanks!

KenCarGuy
kencarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #114
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #115
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by kencarguy View Post
The front end noise still continues for me eight months later (6,500 mi)with no real satisfaction from my dealer or GM...I guess I will co ntinue to roll down the windows and turn up the music !!!
Anyone have an answer to the "strut-type" formt end noise?

Thanks!

KenCarGuy
Have you road tested with the dealership to verify the noise and if so, what is the dealership telling you?
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #116
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
Have you road tested with the dealership to verify the noise and if so, what is the dealership telling you?
mike
dms

I had mine road tested and they still told me at two different dealers no fix, normal.
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:22 PM   #117
kencarguy
kencarguy

As part of my ongoing complaint with GM Customer Service, I went back c to the dealer wh had just received several cars. They told me they drove all three with the exact same noise, right off the truck. I drove one myself, with the lead mechanic. IT definitely had the noise.

My noise did not hit until I had the car for three weeks..... I guess we have to hope they are working on something.

Thanks for asking.
Ken
Old 04-19-2010, 10:50 PM   #118
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
Hey Mike, I found a number on my work order... PIE0054A Document ID 2426027 (9090) E9500. I don't know if there are different numbers in Canada, let us know if this helps !? Hopefully you can find more info
this preliminary info is GM's attempt to try and gather data on the concern. It is a great way for GM to get info. Basically if there is a noise issue, the tech is responsible to first call 1 of 2 GM engineers. Apparantly a lot of struts, and strut bushings have been replaced for this, and sent back for anaylsis, and they are not seeing a problems with the returned parts.

So with this PI, the concern has definately gotten the attention of GM. So this is a really positive thing.

mike
dms
Old 04-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #119
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I've posted this once before and it may not be related, but when the 05 Mustang came out it had a wide spread problem with the front end popping over bumps. It took Ford almost a year to come out with a fix as the problem persisted into the 06 models, if I remember correctly. They had to redesign the strut mounts, which took care of the noise.

Ironically, the 1LT Camaro I rented with 17000 miles on it didn't exhibit this problem. Hopefully GM will come up with a solution soon.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #120
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
this preliminary info is GM's attempt to try and gather data on the concern. It is a great way for GM to get info. Basically if there is a noise issue, the tech is responsible to first call 1 of 2 GM engineers. Apparantly a lot of struts, and strut bushings have been replaced for this, and sent back for anaylsis, and they are not seeing a problems with the returned parts.
So with this PI, the concern has definately gotten the attention of GM. So this is a really positive thing.

mike
dms
Thanks for the update Mike. I'm a little concerned that they're not finding anything out, but pleased that they're willing to swap out the struts for us with this issue. I HOPE when they install the replacements, it remedies my problem

It's a shame that my '89 Grand Prix (beater) sounds better :(
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #121
OneBadA$$77

Drives: 1977 Camero SS
I WAS WHITE SMOKIN MY TIRES IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE AND MY NEIGHBOURS DOG RUN OUT IN FRONT. MY CARS BEEN CLUNKIN EVER SINCE
OneBadA$$77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #122
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
OK and now back to the actual thread you were viewing jeezz

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #123
kencarguy
kencarguy

Awhile back they replaced my strut mounts based on a front end noise TSB, but dudn't fix the problem. GM told me they have no answer so no more parts will be replaced until something is identified as the cause.

Thanks for the encouraging words / explanation Mike! I will continue to wait and bug my local dealer for answers till that strut-type noise goes away....

Ken
Old 04-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #124
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Have you guys experienced clunking when backing out out of the driveway? its happened to me about 5 times now, Ill start backing out, turn the wheel and CLUNK

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:41 PM   #125
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Awhile back they replaced my strut mounts based on a front end noise TSB, but dudn't fix the problem. GM told me they have no answer so no more parts will be replaced until something is identified as the cause.

Thanks for the encouraging words / explanation Mike! I will continue to wait and bug my local dealer for answers till that strut-type noise goes away....

Ken
I'm hoping that the struts are to blame.... will post results once I have them... maybe this is your issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Have you guys experienced clunking when backing out out of the driveway? its happened to me about 5 times now, Ill start backing out, turn the wheel and CLUNK
Haven't experienced that. Mine sounds more like the wheels flopping whenever I go over rough roads.
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:46 PM   #126
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:

Ken
I have worked with GM engineers for a very long time and will tell you they are first class. If they are working on a problem, and it is blatantly obvious they have now officially started investigating this issue, there will be a fix. So lest give them some time to figure it out.

thanks
mike
dms