Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Looking for work

Put my name & my resume on a website that, dealerships & automotive stores now are starting to use for hiring.

I got an email today.
Tamara,
Got your online application. Unfortunately, with no direct retail automotive experience we will not be of much help to you.

All of our employers require very specific automotive related experience for the jobs we fill.

Thank you for your inquiry

FLIP I cant get a job even cleaning their flipping toilets. I just dont have on the job experience but have life experience. I have been working on my own cars for years.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
That sucks.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
That sucks.
tell me about it

Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #4
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
My dad has about 25 years engineering experience, but only has 2 year degree, so he has been turned down just because of the degree.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #5
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

I know, I have no schooling, but I have done alot of work, on & around cars Heck I dragrace, rebuild my own cars & do that work. lol

Old 06-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #6
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
What job did you specifically apply for?

Each manager may have a different opinion of what 'experience' is.

If you were looking for a 'mechanics' position, without formal training they may not be able to hire you. Ours are licensed through the state.

Now if you applied for 'oil change tech', (not sure if that's below you or not!) then you may be in a different boat all together. Some of the guys here started out as oil change techs and then started schooling.

Have you considered a sales job? Don't have to have much experience for that. Just learn as you go! If you want to get into sales, PM or email me and I'll do what I can to give you some pointers.

Good luck!
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

NO I didnt go for a tech or a mech. I know I dont have the training in that.

What I applied for was customer service, Sales rep & the call center

Old 06-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #8
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post

If you want to get into sales, go into the dealership and ask for the General Manager, Used Car Manager or New Car Manager. Ask to speak to them for a few minutes and then dazzle them with your personality.

Selling cars is little about 'cars' and a LOT MORE about people. Go knock 'em dead!
Old 06-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
If you want to get into sales, go into the dealership and ask for the General Manager, Used Car Manager or New Car Manager. Ask to speak to them for a few minutes and then dazzle them with your personality.

Selling cars is little about 'cars' and a LOT MORE about people. Go knock 'em dead!
This is true! I routinely enlighten, educate, my salesman about the vehicles I'm looking at. However, I'm no people person, as they are, and would suck at sales. Most consumers will educate themselves about the technical side of things if they are interested, otherwise, all they care about is gadgets, gizmos and the best price.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
NoUCantDriveIt

Drives: 2SS RS M6 CGM/Black Rally
Quote:
I know, I have no schooling, but I have done alot of work, on & around cars Heck I dragrace, rebuild my own cars & do that work. lol
Quote:

Here's what I've learned about online resumes and online job applications... Nothing, and I do mean nothing, trumps Chutzpa. I've read your posts, so I know you have it in spades. Let it shine and go face to face with the right people at the places you want to work.

Sometimes hiring managers don't know they want to hire you until you tell them they should and why. Besides, a determined woman is a powerful force, resistance is futile.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #11
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

I emailed him back asking how in the heck was i suppose to get the Retail experince if no one would hire me lol.
no response back yet loll

Old 06-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #12
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I think Anna has the right idea.... go see them face to face and give them a dose of personality.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #13
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

This is like Monster.com & careerbuilder.com not a dealership or an auto parts store.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #14
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Quote:
This is like Monster.com & careerbuilder.com not a dealership or an auto parts store.
Yep, I understand that.

But I think you should choose the best dealership in the area (the one with the BEST reputation) and go straight in there.

Really. You can do it!!