Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-03-2016, 04:17 PM   #1
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Any of you guys running a hurst short throw?

I know it's in the wrong section but I want to ask my fellow LFXers if any of you guys are running the Hurst short throw shifter and what you think of it? I also know this topic has been beat to but I wanna ask the small group that has kinda bonded together these last few weeks with all our mods
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:23 PM   #2
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
I have read the OEM short throw is not great. If you actually buy the short throw kit from Hurst, its a lot better. But if you want the best...MGW.

MGW is what Im going with
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:34 PM   #3
Shawno72

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
I have read the OEM short throw is not great. If you actually buy the short throw kit from Hurst, its a lot better. But if you want the best...MGW.

MGW is what Im going with
Well I was gonna go with hurst because it matches my shift handle. I'll also do the upgraded bushing kit for sure. But if I find a good deal on a mgw then I'd def jump on it.

Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Old 03-03-2016, 04:40 PM   #4
derek1387

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used

Boom. Awesome deal on one, open box.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

Old 03-03-2016, 04:48 PM   #5
Shawno72

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used

Boom. Awesome deal on one, open box.
Thanks Derek!
Old 03-03-2016, 04:53 PM   #6
DGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS - Ashen Gray
love my mgw!!!
"WIDOW" Overkill Edition w/Mace Cams,80mm tb,Jacfab spacer/ported intake,Alky Control,ARH off road pipes,SOLO custom system,3.91 gears, MGW,Phantom grilles,ZL1 appearance pkge, 3dCarbon vents, Lingenfelter hood and spoiler, PLX boost/wideband modules/gauge,ZL1 fuel pump,LF3 hpfp,DSS aluminum driveshaft,JPSS sway bars, Z28 replica wheels and CxRacing coilovers..
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #7
derek1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawno72 View Post
Thanks Derek!

Nice thing about amazon open box is it is generally just damaged packaging...and if you arent happy with it, Amazon has a no questions asked return policy on Open Box stuff. I buy a LOT of stuff that way.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Old 03-03-2016, 05:08 PM   #8
Shawno72

OK we'll maybe I'll just get the MGW so I can fit in with y'all Lol
Old 03-03-2016, 05:18 PM   #9
derek1387

yeah, get the hurst. Thats a killer deal

If i wasnt already broke from this last round of purchases...i would be getting it, just because of the price.

Lets just say Phastek got some of my money yesterday :-/ Pics incoming.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Old 03-03-2016, 07:50 PM   #10
JMT

Drives: 2013 1LT
I went hurst with the upgraded bushings, love it!
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:52 PM   #11
JMT

Drives: 2013 1LT
Forgot to mention that only the v8 shift pattern on the ball comes with the kit. You need to call hurst and they will send the v6 patterned one.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:37 PM   #12
Jylee

Drives: 2012 2LT
I have to call the Hurst three times, can't remember why, but I think the v6 pattern is make to order. You have to remove the rubber boot for the spring access. install the isolator kit between the stick and base (wrap it around the two bolts) to reduce rattle.
Jylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:48 PM   #13
Shawno72

Great info. Thanks guys
Old 03-03-2016, 10:52 PM   #14
glider1

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I went hurst with the upgraded bushings, love it!
+1

For the money, the Hurst works just fine. If you go with the Hurst, make sure you get the bushing set.
glider1 is offline   Reply With Quote