Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-04-2015, 10:21 AM   #1
jleamosh

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Power Seat Failure

Hi everyone. I am having an issue with the power seat on the drivers side of my 2010 Camaro SS. Last night I went to use the tilt switches after a friend had driven it so I could adjust it for me again. In the process, the lights flickered as well as the dash lights and the seat adjustment switch stopped working. I restarted the car and tried it again with the same result.

Anyone run into this problem yet and if so, what was the fix?

Thanks for looking.
jleamosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:34 AM   #2
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Sounds like a charging system problem (battery or alternator) rather than a seat problem.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:53 PM   #3
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Or a short.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:50 PM   #4
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Crazy... mine does the exact same thing if I am sitting in it. If I try to change the angle (can't find a better description) of the back of the seat while I am sitting in it, I get the flicker/electrical noise then nothing. Now, if I get our of the car to do the same thing, works flawlessly. Have tested this 10 times and it works. Something about 190lbs in the seat that must clearly be crimping/pinching a wire, to the point of wearing down the "wire covering", causing contact of bare wire and metal, causing the short.
TL; DR - short, try adjusting the seat from outside of your car.
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:10 PM   #5
jleamosh

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
That make a lot of sense. I will try that. I also think it may be the battery as it is 5 years old (Original)
jleamosh is offline   Reply With Quote