Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 05-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
CamaroCrazy7

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Almost got it... but decided to wait

crazy day for me today... a local dealer and an old friend of my father called saying that there was going to be a black 1lt camaro to be raffled to a customer and would be sold at sticker price 27,900. so we entered the raffle like 5 times =) and still lost =( there wasnt that many people but i guess that car just wasn't for me. then we went to another dealer who said they had just sold a RJT 1lt so we left. on the way home we decided to stop by to another chevy dealer and they had a black 1lt sold and a rjt 1lt at 29,000 and they wanted 39,000 for it! we got the chance to talk to the main guy and he told us if we take it that same day he will lower the markup to 5,000 which would be 34,000. the guy seemed like he was in a good mood so he told us to follow him. around the corner there was the rjt camaro and he tossed me the keys and said "go take it for a spin" and i was like OMG really??? he said of course. i really like the v6 and i convinced my dad to get it. the main guy told us to go get the cavalier from my house and take it to him. as we came back with the cavalier we parked in a lot next to the camaro and my cousin from houston called. he said dont buy it!!!! i got a friend here in houston and said he will get you a 2ss for the same price!!!!! he convinced my father and i did not get it =( on tuesday we are off to houston to order it. hopefully they didnt lie cuz i will be so pissed!!!
CamaroCrazy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCrazy7 View Post
crazy day for me today... a local dealer and an old friend of my father called saying that there was going to be a black 1lt camaro to be raffled to a customer and would be sold at sticker price 27,900. so we entered the raffle like 5 times =) and still lost =( there wasnt that many people but i guess that car just wasn't for me. then we went to another dealer who said they had just sold a RJT 1lt so we left. on the way home we decided to stop by to another chevy dealer and they had a black 1lt sold and a rjt 1lt at 29,000 and they wanted 39,000 for it! we got the chance to talk to the main guy and he told us if we take it that same day he will lower the markup to 5,000 which would be 34,000. the guy seemed like he was in a good mood so he told us to follow him. around the corner there was the rjt camaro and he tossed me the keys and said "go take it for a spin" and i was like OMG really??? he said of course. i really like the v6 and i convinced my dad to get it. the main guy told us to go get the cavalier from my house and take it to him. as we came back with the cavalier we parked in a lot next to the camaro and my cousin from houston called. he said dont buy it!!!! i got a friend here in houston and said he will get you a 2ss for the same price!!!!! he convinced my father and i did not get it =( on tuesday we are off to houston to order it. hopefully they didnt lie cuz i will be so pissed!!!

SMart Friend for $5K you should get something, why give it to the dealer for an LT. Go to an MSRP dealer and wait, you will be sorry paying over sticker!