Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-23-2020, 05:28 AM   #1
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
202010 Camaro SS LS3 - ECU, wiring or ECU sensor problems

Hello everyone, I haven't been online in some time!
My 2010 Camaro SS LS3 engine with just about 94K miles on it now. I bought brand new July of 2010. My Camaro has headers a full 3 inch exhaust, CAI, a throttle controller, no other engine mods. all mods were done in August of 2010.
This is the first major issue I had with it since I bought it. Here's what happened:
As I pulled out of a parking spot it started and ran as usual (Great) until I got to about 275' or 300 feet when it started missing really bad, the check engine light came on along with the stability control not working message.
I got it home while in limp mode, afraid to turn it off the way it sounded almost like the motor was coming apart but then stopped making noise. NOW before I go further let me tell you this! THIS happened when I only had about 1000 miles on it, as I was driving, while waiting at a red light it started missing, knocking and sounded like internal engine noise.
But to no avail it stopped as fast as it came an at that time it only lasted for about 4 minutes or less, then it never happened again untill now, same type of noises the missing real bad, but the missing and noise went away, and sounded like nothing happened.
And now, this time at 94K miles later it sounded like it was happening again but didn't stop, only the noises stopped but the miss was bad, BUT this time it put the light came on with a P0068 code(Manifold Absolute Pressure<MAP>/ Mass AirFlow <MAF>), along with a P0300 code due to the radical miss it has, it did go out of limp mode after it reset, but at this moment after only checking the voltage at the MAF and MAP sensors. Then it threw a P069E code in my face along with P0102, P0502, P080C and a P3534 codes that are hard codes, I'm aware of the damage it can cause if not tested properly, so all this after just checking, at the MAF and it was way off, no voltage, only the two 5V reference wires showed voltage on the yellow and green or blue? wires that are at each end of the connector for the MAF. The ignition voltage was not showing, WHY? I just hope it's not the ECM.
I'm only one day into diagnosing, any help would be greatly appreciated!
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.

Last edited by 10 2SS/RS 6M; 08-23-2020 at 05:42 AM.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:40 AM   #2
Sparko

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
My book says P0068 is throttle body air flow but says it can also be thrown if there is a tps sensor malfunction, but that is kinda moot. With all of those codes being all across the board, I find it unlikely you have an actual problem with the throttle/maf/map/fuel system. While ECM does sound like the issue to me, I would first start by disconnecting the battery for a while, cleaning up and checking the ground connections, then booting it back up to see how it responds; maybe even just unplug and re-seat the ECM harness connections for shits n grins.
'87 HD FXRT - Wrecked pending repair
Sparko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:33 AM   #3
Wax Savage

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
My book says P0068 is throttle body air flow but says it can also be thrown if there is a tps sensor malfunction, but that is kinda moot. With all of those codes being all across the board, I find it unlikely you have an actual problem with the throttle/maf/map/fuel system. While ECM does sound like the issue to me, I would first start by disconnecting the battery for a while, cleaning up and checking the ground connections, then booting it back up to see how it responds; maybe even just unplug and re-seat the ECM harness connections for shits n grins.
The 'book' you refer to, what is it and where do I get a copy??
Wax Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:09 PM   #4
Sparko

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
My book is a printed out copy of the service manual I downloaded from here. Here is a link to the thread.... click me
'87 HD FXRT - Wrecked pending repair
Sparko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:21 PM   #5
RankSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Have the battery tested as well. Mine does similar things when battery voltage is low.
2010 Camaro SS RS, Maggie with 3.4" pulley, 60# injectors, ADM dual fuel pumps, ADM Stage 2 Cam with Brian Tooley springs and pushrods, black CAI intake, Stainless Works long tube headers w/gutted cats, ZL1 Diff w/offset bushings, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt solid sub frame mounts, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Hurst short throw shifter, Painted on Hugger Orange stripes, Forgestar F14 Piano Black wheels, Nitto NT05 rubber.
RankSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 04:49 PM   #6
Hcd3ss

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/RS
Check wiring leaving maf and map sensor. Bet you’ll find your problem there.
Hcd3ss is offline   Reply With Quote