Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-09-2016, 06:28 PM   #15
Mason44

Drives: 2011 2SS
Might I ask who you have for insurance? Because when I had a 17 year old kid rip my front bumper off of my parked 2010 1LT Camaro, I got the run around from his insurance. Once I got my insurance company involved, they very quickly got my car fixed and that was at no extra cost to me. My insurance agent even told me that I wouldn't have to pay a deductible, even if we had to go through my insurance to get it fixed, because they would just sue his insurance to get reimbursed. Also just saying it might be time to get new insurance because those prices are extremely high to me. When I was 22, I was paying 120 a month with better insurance then what you got.
Mason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:40 PM   #16
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
Not again OP! You got bad luck.

Hope your insurance company does not drop you...Even though it was not your fault many of them don't care. Sounds like they may be fine with it though.

Good luck.

68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:07 PM   #17
BRM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
I have Gainsco auto. They are cheapest I've found. But I've been considering switching cause they raised my insurance for next contract around 30$. I didn't even do anything lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace16 View Post
If he didn't have a license ,he didn't have insurance, you'll be using your insurance, you'll need to go after the other driver for the deductable
The driver did have some sort of insurance. Whether it was in his name or parents. He was driving his dad's car. If he did not have insurance he would have been towed away. But the officer let him drive away. But I see an insurance policy on police report. If it's his or parents I don't know. All I can do now is wait and hope for best.
BRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:18 PM   #18
68rssscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRM View Post
The driver did have some sort of insurance. Whether it was in his name or parents. He was driving his dad's car. If he did not have insurance he would have been towed away. But the officer let him drive away. But I see an insurance policy on police report. If it's his or parents I don't know. All I can do now is wait and hope for best.
You should be fine then.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:34 PM   #19
BRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rssscamaro View Post
You should be fine then.
Man I hope so. When I called today I was told the car was once insured with them but not anymore. That's why I'm kind of like. it says right here on the report that's what they have. Hopefully they can find with the policy number I gave them.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:43 PM   #20
68rssscamaro

The policy number was not valid? ur------ kiddin right?

Old 05-09-2016, 08:00 PM   #21
vegas girl

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS BRM convertible
You have witnesses....it was HIS fault not yours....his insurance should handle it all. You shouldn't have to pay your deductible.

2013 2LT/RS BRM Convertible
vegas girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:09 PM   #22
BRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rssscamaro View Post
The policy number was not valid? ur------ kiddin right?
No I'm saying that when I called this morning I was told the vehicle was no longer under any policy with them. So I gave them the policy number to see if that would help locate them in system. I'll call tomorrow and see what's up.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:20 PM   #23
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:
Just a little update. I called my insurance and they in fact do not waive the deductible, even if the other party is at fault. And I don't have uninsured motorists because my insurance is already $300 a month. My deductible is so high because I had no idea I'd ever get into a wreck because I'm a safe driver. Little did I know you can get into an accident even so due to the carelessness of other drivers.

I called their insurance and was told they could not find the driver under a policy. (That would explain the wait but why wasn't I made aware until I called) I then was able to get a hold of the police officer who came to the scene and he kindly emailed me the police report with all the information including their insurance. I emailed it to claims just now.

That's BS , the other party insurance is paying for it , your insurance is just freeloading ! That's why one have , or should have coverage against non or underinsured asses like the one that hit you !
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:28 PM   #24
Flotek

Drives: 2015 RS camaro
I've seen these cases go south real quick . When the other party doesn't have insurance it's an up hill battle and it will cost you the victim one way or another
Flotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #25
BRM

I just got some extremely bad news from the insurance. The policy number located on the police report was not for the car that hit me but was for a totally different car under the same insurance. Basically the car that hit me was uninsured....
Old 05-10-2016, 08:40 AM   #26
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
That sucks bad OP. It also sucks that you have to carry extra insurance, on top of your regular insurance, to protect yourself from uninsured motorist. It also sucks that insurance cards should have been checked out, to make sure that they match the vehicles. Sorry OP...
Old 05-10-2016, 08:51 AM   #27
BRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
That sucks bad OP. It also sucks that you have to carry extra insurance, on top of your regular insurance, to protect yourself from uninsured motorist. It also sucks that insurance cards should have been checked out, to make sure that they match the vehicles. Sorry OP...
Yeah things are not looking good. No insurance and no DL from the guy that hit me. I'm filing a claim with my insurance now to see what they can do for me. This is a lesson learned.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #28
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Yeah things are not looking good. No insurance and no DL from the guy that hit me. I'm filing a claim with my insurance now to see what they can do for me. This is a lesson learned.
So, why does the cop let this person go, free and clear? Someone hit my car with in a parking lot at almost the same spot your car got hit. They just drove off, no note nothing. I had to go thru my own insurance. Just had to suck it up! More suck....