Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2016, 09:45 AM   #29
Mason44

Drives: 2011 2SS
Dang that sucks OP sorry to hear that. Looks like you'll need to go through your insurance and be out a $1000. But I'd give your insurance the police report and let them get their lawyers involved to the sue the unisured motorist. Hopefully you'll get your money back.
Mason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #30
Irace16

Drives: 2010 1SS RS M6
How the hell does a cop let a guy drive away with NO LICENSE ?!?
Old 05-10-2016, 01:46 PM   #31
BRM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
So, why does the cop let this person go, free and clear? Someone hit my car with in a parking lot at almost the same spot your car got hit. They just drove off, no note nothing. I had to go thru my own insurance. Just had to suck it up! More suck....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason44 View Post
Dang that sucks OP sorry to hear that. Looks like you'll need to go through your insurance and be out a $1000. But I'd give your insurance the police report and let them get their lawyers involved to the sue the unisured motorist. Hopefully you'll get your money back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace16 View Post
How the hell does a cop let a guy drive away with NO LICENSE ?!?
I'm not entirely sure on that matter. I know the Driver was cited for not having a drivers license. Also I think the police officer did not check to see if the insurance card matched with the vehicle that was being driven. It was probably an honest mistake on the officers part but regardless the vehicle was not insured. Its insurance expired last month actually with the same insurance . I just got off the phone with my insurance and was told if they accept liability they will send a check for my car to be repaired minus the deductible. I will have to pay the $1000 before I can see my car again after the repair. Also I will not be given a rental while its in the shop cause a rental was not on my policy. I don't have any other car to drive at the moment.

Last edited by BRM; 05-10-2016 at 02:06 PM.
BRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:21 PM   #32
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Id be looking for a new Insurance company!!!
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:56 PM   #33
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
Find a good body shop that can eat up your deductible--maybe? Let them know what's going on, good body shop's may work with you. Sorry to hear, man I knew it...

68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:28 PM   #34
Mason44

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Id be looking for a new Insurance company!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rssscamaro View Post
Find a good body shop that can eat up your deductible--maybe? Let them know what's going on, good body shop's may work with you. Sorry to hear, man I knew it...
As mentioned above, I'd be looking for a new insurance company. I personally use State Farm which has been pretty good to me. Also like 68rssscamaro mentioned, maybe a good body shop can work with you to take care of some of your deductible. The one I use around here to fix all my vehicles, was able to eat a little on their end for me so I only had to pay $200 of my $500 deductible for hail damage.
Mason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:33 PM   #35
BRM

The body shop I had in mind told me they would have to wait and see how much the adjuster would pay out, and go from there. But he sounded like he would be willing to work with me.

I will definitely start looking for a new insurance company. I don't think its right for me not to have a rental vehicle during my car repairs becuase I have to pay extra to have it included in my policy. Its like what am I paying $300 a month for and having a 1K deductible? Is that common with insurance companies?

Last edited by BRM; 05-10-2016 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:23 PM   #36
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason44 View Post
As mentioned above, I'd be looking for a new insurance company. I personally use State Farm which has been pretty good to me. Also like 68rssscamaro mentioned, maybe a good body shop can work with you to take care of some of your deductible. The one I use around here to fix all my vehicles, was able to eat a little on their end for me so I only had to pay $200 of my $500 deductible for hail damage.
I have State Farm which like stated above has treated me very well, I was rear ended by a soldier with a supposedly valid card but by the time I reached the dealership SF called and informed me that he had let it lapse, but on the good side the adjuster came to my place of work and looked over the car and waived my deductible of 200 for uninsured/underinsured motorist.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:28 PM   #37
BRM

I saw the adjuster for the rear bumper accident. I am receiving OEM reconditioned parts. Would any of you be okay with this? My car is a 2013 with only 10.1k miles.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:47 PM   #38
RichSS2006

Drives: 2010 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRM View Post
I saw the adjuster for the rear bumper accident. I am receiving OEM reconditioned parts. Would any of you be okay with this? My car is a 2013 with only 10.1k miles.
NO! I've been through this twice with my wife's car. Your car is practically new. Demand new OEM parts. It will take a hit on CARFAX too. After it's fixed move to another insurance company as they will hit you hard for having an accident. Good Luck.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:49 PM   #39
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSS2006 View Post
NO! I've been through this twice with my wife's car. Your car is practically new. Demand new OEM parts. It will take a hit on CARFAX too. After it's fixed move to another insurance company as they will hit you hard for having an accident. Good Luck.
Agree, I have & would demand new GM parts
Old 05-17-2016, 08:06 PM   #40
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
As others said demand new parts, and get new insurance immediately, it's pretty obvious the company your with tries to nickel and dime every chance they can and it's costing you more in the long run. Even thou it may be slightly more expensive go with a well known company like aaa or State Farm. Those hole in the wall companies are designed for near junk cars to be "legal" on the road they don't care about the customer at all 9 times out of 10. I could be wrong but I THINK you are legally supposed to have uninsured motorist insurance if you are paying on a car note (full coverage also required which I'm sure you knew). But don't quote me on that I just seem to recall that being something my insurance had told me. As far as the rental car most companies will include it in your full coverage policy but you are usually able to add or subtract it off the policy for a small fee/credit.
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:16 PM   #41
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
Ugg..All that money you paid out to these insurance companies and they still try and screw ya... I agree with everyone else, demand new oem parts.

68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:31 PM   #42
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
State Farm has been really good to me. I use them for my houses, cars, etc. Def get a new insurance company. Best of luck with the car.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote