Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 03-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #71
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Not a very good night.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #72
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS View Post
Here is a little video from Sunday at Super Chevy...

How did Saturday go?
Adrian

Saturday was good. Overall we had a good time hanging out etc.

I think there's a level of frustration developing lately; either rediculous judging with no common criteria or in this case; to be considered for any of the "class" awards; you had to be there Sunday; so unbeknownst to us- Saturday was worthless (as for the car show.) The few awards they did present Saturday, none of the winners cars were even made while i was alive! We woulda planned for Sunday had we known this ahead of time. By then we'd already committed to the Detail Fest in Jupiter.

Live and learn...
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #73
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

But on a brighter note: for the class awards, TCC5 DID have 100% win rate- both members attending Sunday came away with awards!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #74
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Adrian

Saturday was good. Overall we had a good time hanging out etc.

I think there's a level of frustration developing lately; either rediculous judging with no common criteria or in this case; to be considered for any of the "class" awards; you had to be there Sunday; so unbeknownst to us- Saturday was worthless (as for the car show.) The few awards they did present Saturday, none of the winners cars were even made while i was alive! We woulda planned for Sunday had we known this ahead of time. By then we'd already committed to the Detail Fest in Jupiter.

Live and learn...

The judging was a little haphazard to say the least. First of all, I had no idea they were going to split the 5th gen Camaros by model year again. The website categorizes "2010 and up", so I thought there would only be an Outstanding and Winner award for Stock, Street, and Modified just for that category. Instead, we got over a dozen awards handed out to 5th Gen owners right down to the trim level (for example, I won 2011 V8 class which is absolutely absurd), and while it does feel nice to personally earn one alongside a number of my members, it also feels kind of artificial since almost everyone won something. Obviously, they can't keep doing that once the 2013's and 14's start coming along. LOL

But yeah, Sunday is usually the big day for the car show. Friday and Saturday, they seem to focus more on the racing side of the event, and while I do enjoy putting my car to the limit, it's definitely the more expensive side of the hobby. Hell, my tires are so bald right now that I'd be scared of a blowout if I did even one pass at a dragstrip, but I don't have the money for new rubber yet. I'll have to wait until August and until then drive her like a granny! Lol, I swear my life would be 10x easier if I wasn't in this hobby...

The important thing is that at least you know now - neither you or Super Chevy Show are going anywhere, so there is always next year!

Last edited by nUcLeArEnVoY; 03-27-2012 at 02:03 PM.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #75
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

This was my first time @ Super Chevy.... honestly ; I didn't even realize at first it was tied in to a magazine- thought it was just an event !

As such, i was relying on PBIR's website for show info; and there was little to none to lead me to believe Sunday was "the big day" for the show...

Regardless, I failed my club by not getting enough info... so i accept full responsibility for that... life happens tho- I'm sure we can all relate; not enough time in the day, and sometimes things fall thru the cracks...

I was surprised to hear the quantity of awards; I too just expected an overall and maybe secondary award, but to see so many given out... surprising, to me anyway.

My judging rant was more geared at other events we've been to recently...

Everyone has their own taste, budget, goals etc with their cars; and I sincerely mean no disrespect to any Camaro owner; but when they're only giving out 1 or 2 awards for the category we fall in, and they're going to bone stock, or nearly bone stock cars, while there's others that people have invested countless amounts of time, money, original ideas/hand made fabrications etc into theirs... its getting frustrating. The stock cars are actually becoming more rare than the modified... but they need to begin breaking up the classes more: I like how SCS did stock/street/modified.... that was a good breakdown, they just went a little overboard from there. But it makes since to compare cars based on their desired look, vs just an overall award.. they did "specific" awards Sat... an old 50s/60s car won one particular category (not mentioning specifics as not to offend ) but granted, it was nicely restored and great for the time period... but better than all the rest? Hardly. Best by who's standards? How does something that was restored back to original look (50+ yrs ago) beat something newer, cutting edge and modified to look different and/or better than every other one generically produced? Oh well... is what it is...

We're looking into hosting our own F-Body all Gen Camaro/Firebird show up this way in June... dunno what kind of turn out we'll get, but I garuntee the judging will be a hell of a lot different than what I've encountered lately!!!!

Forgive my tirade... been a long day

Last edited by Drago77; 03-27-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #76
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
This was my first time @ Super Chevy.... honestly ; I didn't even realize at first it was tied in to a magazine- thought it was just an event !

As such, i was relying on PBIR's website for show info; and there was little to none to lead me to believe Sunday was "the big day" for the show...

Regardless, I failed my club by not getting enough info... so i accept full responsibility for that... life happens tho- I'm sure we can all relate; not enough time in the day, and sometimes things fall thru the cracks...

I was surprised to hear the quantity of awards; I too just expected an overall and maybe secondary award, but to see so many given out... surprising, to me anyway.

My judging rant was more geared at other events we've been to recently...

Everyone has their own taste, budget, goals etc with their cars; and I sincerely mean no disrespect to any Camaro owner; but when they're only giving out 1 or 2 awards for the category we fall in, and they're going to bone stock, or nearly bone stock cars, while there's others that people have invested countless amounts of time, money, original ideas/hand made fabrications etc into theirs... its getting frustrating. The stock cars are actually becoming more rare than the modified... but they need to begin breaking up the classes more: I like how SCS did stock/street/modified.... that was a good breakdown, they just went a little overboard from there. But it makes since to compare cars based on their desired look, vs just an overall award.. they did "specific" awards Sat... an old 50s/60s car won one particular category (not mentioning specifics as not to offend ) but granted, it was nicely restored and great for the time period... but better than all the rest? Hardly. Best by who's standards? How does something that was restored back to original look (50+ yrs ago) beat something newer, cutting edge and modified to look different and/or better than every other one generically produced? Oh well... is what it is...

We're looking into hosting our own F-Body all Gen Camaro/Firebird show up this way in June... dunno what kind of turn out we'll get, but I garuntee the judging will be a hell of a lot different than what I've encountered lately!!!!

Forgive my tirade... been a long day
I agree. When it comes to new cars, to me, stock is pointless to award since if you want to see a stock one, go to a freakin' dealership. A stock classic I understand because you never see them and it's interesting to see exactly how they looked all those years ago.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #77
Go big or Go home

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS View Post
Here is a little video from Sunday at Super Chevy...

Great video Adrian! It was nice meeting you

Last edited by Go big or Go home; 03-27-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Go big or Go home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #78
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Hey guys-

websites been updated, pix from Super Chevy are loaded as well as April and Mays meet info...

http://treasurecoastcamaro5.com/pix-vids.html