Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-22-2018, 11:07 AM   #15
RyangAsh

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeSthree View Post
Ive noticed no one tunes vve on these cars. Even really good tuners. You can get such a good tune with just the maf, im not sure messing with vve is worth the hassle.
Not that I am anyone, but from my experiences...If you have a stock cam motor, I have seen no reason to mess with these tables. I have done some smoothing in them in the past. Once I get time later this week I will have a better report.
RyangAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:18 AM   #16
RyangAsh

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Side note, does anyone have a good platform set up for the scanner on our cars? I haven't had time to play with this to much either. What are your guys preferences?
RyangAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:00 PM   #17
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyangAsh View Post
Side note, does anyone have a good platform set up for the scanner on our cars? I haven't had time to play with this to much either. What are your guys preferences?
by platform do you mean the logging parameters? i'm using what was already populated when i opened the scanner but i have added a few graphs to help with VVE and MAF tuning calcs. you can set up graphs that mirror your tune tables so the data changes are easier to make/understand

so as difficult/time consuming as it may be i would say you should tune both VVE and the MAF to really get the car running well and i don't think a car having a stock cam should determine if you tune VVE or leave it alone. an aftermarket intake will alter the VVE table as it bases the fueling needs on MAP pressure vs. RPM and an aftermarket intake will increase the MAP readings above a stock intake for a given RPM
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53

Last edited by xc_SS/RS; 05-22-2018 at 01:15 PM.
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #18
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
i've got an update for those who might be curious:

i got my VVE and MAF dialed in last weekend with some help from a friend (thanks lazerlemonta!). this coming weekend i plan on tuning everything over again with a wideband o2 sensor (including WOT/PE mode) so i'll post up how it goes

VVE tuning is incredibly easy. if you can tune the MAF you can tune your VVE tables

my car feels so much better now. hard to explain, but it feels lighter on its feet. part throttle stuff is so smooth and the power comes in very well around 4k rpms now
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote