Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #1
paul_k

Drives: 2003 Mustang cobra
New guy intro: Photoshoot - Black Coupe and Black Vert - 56k..no way

Not the best camera but does the job until I splurge for a Canon.

So one Saturday almost 2 weeks ago, my buddy (vert) and I (coupe) got up at 7am and decided to clean our cars. 12 hours later..... after stripping down wax, claying and finally polishing with Porter we took some pictures. I threw in a photo of the products that went into the job and of course the final results. Just for point of reference, my buddy used Tropicare on his and I did a mix of Zaino and Meguire's. Any suggestions, opinions, recommendations?

If anyone in Northern VA with a good camera is willing to lend us a hand in taking some better pics one of these weekends, I know these cars will look even better. shoot me a PM

Most of the products (I forgot to include Zaino's polish and a few other items):

Car pics:

And of course the furry helper (my buddy's gf's dog)
paul_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:53 PM   #2
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Welcome to the forum...

Looks like you really love those stangs, are you planning to buy the new Camaro when it becomes available?
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
is the mustang5.com ?
Old 07-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
JWz28

Drives: 2012 Z28 (I'm hoping)
Nice dog

Here's a shot of my new puppy

JWz28.

Last edited by JWz28; 07-05-2007 at 03:31 PM.
JWz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:26 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad67camaro View Post
is the mustang5.com ?
Are you confused? I can see how you would be because I kind of am too! He's only made two posts and one of them is showing off his and his buddies Mustangs. BUT, as you know, we have quite a few members on here who own and love Mustangs.

His other post commented on how cool he thought the Camaro exhaust sounded. This leads me to believe that he's a good guy.

Now, if he came on here trash talking the Camaro and picking fights, he would end up like a couple other trolls we had. I don't see any ill intentions yet and will NOT hold the fact that owns Mustangs against him as I've said many times before. Let's just look at it this way, he's a Mustang guy on a Camaro forum and so far, likes the Camaro. He may be converted yet!!! Seriously, he's got a love for musclecars so he's all good in my book. We'll give him a shot.
PAUL,
You have a beautiful looking Cobra. Very, very nice. I know how hard it is to keep the black paint looking clean. It's been about a month since I've been able to wash my Camaro since it's been raining so much off and on. We haven't had a single day in about 3 weeks where it hasn't drizzled or rained at least once.

I have been meaning to order Zaino as I hear it is pretty much the #1 cleaning agent for cars. Moose uses it and swears by it. I'll tell you this, your Mustangs look SICK. I can only imagine the looks you guys get driving around together on the streets. So tell me, are you planning on putting a 5th Gen in the driveway?

Again, nice job on those stangs...very nice job.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #6
paul_k

Drives: 2003 Mustang cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Are you confused? I can see how you would be because I kind of am too! He's only made two posts and one of them is showing off his and his buddies Mustangs. BUT, as you know, we have quite a few members on here who own and love Mustangs.

His other post commented on how cool he thought the Camaro exhaust sounded. This leads me to believe that he's a good guy.

Now, if he came on here trash talking the Camaro and picking fights, he would end up like a couple other trolls we had. I don't see any ill intentions yet and will NOT hold the fact that owns Mustangs against him as I've said many times before. Let's just look at it this way, he's a Mustang guy on a Camaro forum and so far, likes the Camaro. He may be converted yet!!! Seriously, he's got a love for musclecars so he's all good in my book. We'll give him a shot.

PAUL,
You have a beautiful looking Cobra. Very, very nice. I know how hard it is to keep the black paint looking clean. It's been about a month since I've been able to wash my Camaro since it's been raining so much off and on. We haven't had a single day in about 3 weeks where it hasn't drizzled or rained at least once.

I have been meaning to order Zaino as I hear it is pretty much the #1 cleaning agent for cars. Moose uses it and swears by it. I'll tell you this, your Mustangs look SICK. I can only imagine the looks you guys get driving around together on the streets. So tell me, are you planning on putting a 5th Gen in the driveway?

Again, nice job on those stangs...very nice job.

Hey thanks for helping out bud. I didn't feel like getting into an argument with the fella and nothing works better then a mod slamming his power stick down
I never really understood the whole camaro vs mustang aliance since they are both american made and represent a strong sense of american pride. The way I see it, if you got a nice car, I could trully care less what it is as long as its clean and tastefully done.
To answer the question about a new camaro: you better believe it. That is probably one of the only true muscle cars for what I would trade my cobra. (Maybe a Z06 but thats not a realistic comparison). I considered a Chally for quite awhile but after seeing both of the cars in person and reading about the engines that the Chevy could eventually throw into these cars...I have to say, I was impressed with the Camaro.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Didnt mean to stir up any bad blood
paul_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #7
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
I agree, live and let live.

I've always been a Ford fan, but more than that, I'm a petrolhead and love all makes and models. I'll be getting an '05 Mustang next year, but it doesn't stop me thinking the '09 Camaro is THE hottest muscle car in the world.

Who knows, in a few years when prices drop, I may get my hands on a Camaro. What I'd really like is one of each

Edited to say.......those are two luvverly Mustangs!!
Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:37 PM   #8
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
I used to work with a guy that didn't recognize the rivalry between ford and chevy. Some folks just want a good lookin' car to drive and show off... understandable. Others take it a bit more serious than that. You have people that won't drive a ford and some that won't touch a chevy.

While I'm not that deep in it, I can say that I don't care for ford's but mainly for performance reasons. I don't know why they have to put a supercharger on most or all of their V-8's, or get shelby / saleen to sign off on it before it really takes off. In all fairness, they do have some nice truck body designs. That new " super-chief" is different.

And I was never interested in dodge until they gave their cars a makeover both inside and out. Now, dodge's cars look good and perform great but they're too expensive. for crying out loud...

Chevy's right in the middle.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_k View Post
Hey thanks for helping out bud. I didn't feel like getting into an argument with the fella and nothing works better then a mod slamming his power stick down
I never really understood the whole camaro vs mustang aliance since they are both american made and represent a strong sense of american pride. The way I see it, if you got a nice car, I could trully care less what it is as long as its clean and tastefully done.
To answer the question about a new camaro: you better believe it. That is probably one of the only true muscle cars for what I would trade my cobra. (Maybe a Z06 but thats not a realistic comparison). I considered a Chally for quite awhile but after seeing both of the cars in person and reading about the engines that the Chevy could eventually throw into these cars...I have to say, I was impressed with the Camaro.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Didnt mean to stir up any bad blood
Paul, 1bad67Camaro isn't a bad guy at all...please don't get him wrong. I hope I wasn't coming off in a bad way towards him either as that wasn NOT my intention. I'm definitely not trying to put any members in their place and not trying to start any arguments. I try my best to keep everyone happy! If I am right in thinking where he's coming from, he was a bit confused as was I. I was wondering why someone w/ a couple of posts was putting up a photoshoot of two Cobras. I was like, ! Is he trying to say something?

I had to check your other posts to see if you have mentioned anything about the Camaro. You had me thinking as we've had a couple Ford fans on the site bashing GM and the Camaro. I found your other post which led me to beleive you didn't have ill intentions. With that being said, it's all good.

Again, I'm not trying to put anyone in their place. If I offended you, 1bad67Camaro, I apologize. You're both good guys in my book!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #10
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWz28 View Post
Nice dog

Here's a shot of my new puppy

JWz28.
Oh my gosh that is so freakin cute!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:42 PM   #11
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
tag and all you camaro fans i have much respect for this web site
Old 07-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #12
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
I will have respect for people who have Mustangs as long as they have respect for me and my Camaros... the town we live in is "hard core Mustangs" so everytime me and my boyfriend are out with our friends, the ones that have Mustangs always talk about how "Mustangs are better at this" and "Mustangs are faster when you do this..." So as far as Mustang guys on this site, I am perfectly fine with them and welcome them whole heartedly! As far as Mustang fans here in my hometown... NOBODY downs a Camaro around me!

The one thing I can't stand, whether it be Mustang, Honda, whoever... Is a 4 cylinder or V6 that TRIES to look fast... I know I have a V6, I don't make any mods to it other than my billet grille and small stuff... But when you start adding SS hoods, exhaust, etc.... That's pretty dumb, IMO.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad67camaro View Post
tag and all you camaro fans i have much respect for this web site
Thanks very much, bro. Thanks...
Old 07-05-2007, 06:33 PM   #14
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
I'm a Chevy guy and would never consider a Ford or Chrysler for a musclecar or hotrod. That being said, I can also appreciate and understand why someone would like a Chrysler product or Ford product. Plus I've heard those Cobras are pretty bad ass and I actually think they look tough.

It's all a matter of preference and opinion. As long as they were made by a domestic manufacturer, they are ok in my book. I personally welcome different opinions.

As for the tuner crap, I think people need to get their heads examined. Loud fart cans (mufflers), big wings, ground effects, and neon lights do NOT make your car cool or faster!
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote