Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 02-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #113
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Here's a couple of choices:

http://www.h3rperformance.com/billet_brackets.htm

http://atrpowersports.com/billet-fir...ll-cage-mount/

http://www.sidebyinnovations.com/fir...sher-mount.php

http://www.rebeloffroad.com/product-p/fsmount.htm

Johnsonrod... I have to ask, how do you like the Sparco seats... They look great, but I had some high end seats from another manufacturer that were horribly uncomfortable... There was no bolster support and you had to literally hold your legs up which caused cramps pretty quickly...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:01 PM   #114
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
honestly ill need to track it to give a real opinion. they have a big roll of padding for that area under your knees. i just wont be able to give a real review til i see what i run into. so far they seem great but this is the first road track car ive ever owned/built so id be guessing or talking over my head if i pretended to know. the seat model is the Sprint V.
after spending more time on the seat brackets than the cage install, the seat positions are good and i finished the welding and painting of the seat brackets today. 24 days til road atlanta. ill have under four weeks between rd atl and sebring to fix anything that doesnt work right. its just so good to be down to the small stuff.
thanks for the links bubba.
Attached Images

JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:57 AM   #115
Jpb972

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
that vert install is very clean. i like that fire extinguisher mount. there was a discussion once about the legality of mounting it up that high. i want one of those if that is legal. nice clean look.
where did you get that bar mount for the fire ext?
Thanks. The extinguisher and mount are from http://speedtactics.com/. But you can get them at many different vendors. I went through summit racing.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:25 PM   #116
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
It is a PIA, but there is a DIY on this site that was a very nice write up. But like said above expect it to take at least 20 hours. Be very carefull to get the swing arm in the right location.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #117
JOHNSONROD

slapped some wal mart carpet over the metal in the back seat area. it made it unbelievably quiet for about 2 pounds of carpet. i havent even glued it down yet. that center piece is a piece of carpeted cardboard that is screwed over the trunk hole. if you leave the trunk hole open, the car gets a low pressure surge pulse at about 125 that will drive you crazy.
it is a frickin blast to drive it around. i love love love this setup. i feal like i could wheel it without getting tired like i always do. you can just hover your feet over the pedals. you dont have to have the heels of you feet touching the floorboard to keep you balanced in the seat. your IN the seat and can use a delicate touch on the pedals. man i hope i can just be easy and learn to drive this thing. i think i can have some real fun in this. different vehicle.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2014, 06:31 AM   #118
Jpb972

Quote:
slapped some wal mart carpet over the metal in the back seat area. it made it unbelievably quiet for about 2 pounds of carpet. i havent even glued it down yet. that center piece is a piece of carpeted cardboard that is screwed over the trunk hole. if you leave the trunk hole open, the car gets a low pressure surge pulse at about 125 that will drive you crazy.
it is a frickin blast to drive it around. i love love love this setup. i feal like i could wheel it without getting tired like i always do. you can just hover your feet over the pedals. you dont have to have the heels of you feet touching the floorboard to keep you balanced in the seat. your IN the seat and can use a delicate touch on the pedals. man i hope i can just be easy and learn to drive this thing. i think i can have some real fun in this. different vehicle.
Looks great man! Enjoy that thing!
Old 02-22-2014, 07:28 AM   #119
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IOM LS3
Quote:
Looks good man! And thanks for all the tips! I am looking to do some sort of rear seat delete also.
TornadoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #120
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
So... who all had to cut the f $ cking wheel well out? Apparently when you do it correctly the bolt heads and plate push on the inner wheel well plastic...
Old 02-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #121
Jpb972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
So... who all had to cut the f $ cking wheel well out? Apparently when you do it correctly the bolt heads and plate push on the inner wheel well plastic...
This is true to an extent. I trimmed my wheel well to follow the inside curve The bolts will push the wheel well out and possibly rub on the tire if you don't do this.

You have to look close in this pic. But you can see how I trimmed the wheel well. It only had to be done on the side of the wheel where the the backing plate was. You can't see it with the wheel on and the car on the ground.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2014, 06:23 PM   #122
Jpb972

The cut was something like this.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #123
JOHNSONROD

thanks for the comments and tips through this install. its corny but you kinda want to have something to report in the forum so it kinda kept me going.
here is a video of my interior and a little surprise too. check it out boys. i had a great day today!!!
oh hell jr just won too!!! greatest day evah!!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #124
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Nice video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2014, 04:53 PM   #125
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IOM LS3
Those that installed a 5 pt harness, where did you attach the lap belts? Thanks!
TornadoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:21 PM   #126
Jpb972

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoSS View Post
Those that installed a 5 pt harness, where did you attach the lap belts? Thanks!
Eyelets through the floor with a plate on the back side. G-force sells them. I customized a bracket for the crotch belt. Bracket bolts to front of the seat mounts. I can send you a pic if you want.