Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Why Mustangs Fear the Night - PART 2

For those of you that do not remember or did not read it, about two years ago I wrote a small story called "Why Mustangs Fear the Night". I did not give much of a background behind the story because the players involved were active law enforcement and I felt it was better not to say much. Two years latter we are both retired and it no longer matters. My S.W.A.T. Commander and I were at a sniper conference and competition in St. Petersburg, Fl. While we were there we went to Stingray Chevrolet so I could put a deposit on a possible Z28. While at the dealership my Commander got a chance to drive a six speed Camaro SS. The drive put a muscle car bug into him and he went searching for a car to replace his Volkswagon "Wolfsburg Edition'. He looked at Camaros and 2010 Mustangs and 2011 GT'S with the new 5.0 engine but finally settled with a Black 2010 Mustang GT, which he loves. This started the whole Chevy vs Ford bickering between us that still continues. So the story is based on the above. I do suggest that you read part one first, to get a better understanding of part two.

Camaro...Why Mustangs Fear the Night http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88029

To the Moderators: I know that you will move this story to the correct section but I wanted to post it here first so that all of my ZL1 family will have a chance to read it first. Thanks and I hope you enjoy it. OldJedi

OFFICIAL DISCLAIMER: BOTH PART ONE AND PART TWO OF "CAMARO...WHY MUSTANGS FEAR THE NIGHT" ARE FICTIONAL STORIES BASED ON TWO FRIENDS WHO LOVE THEIR CARS. WE HAVE NEVER RACED EACH OTHER AND STREET RACING IS INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS AND DESTRUCTIVE. HOWEVER, A GOOD STORY IS JUST THAT, A STORY. A WAY TO TAKE YOU TO A PLACE AND TIME AWAY FROM THE DAILY GRIND AND HOPEFULLY PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE AT THE SAME TIME. WRITING IS JUST SOMETHING THAT I ENJOY DOING AND IF YOU ENJOY READING THEM, THEN I HAVE SUCCEEDED IN REACHING MY GOAL.

Why Mustangs Fear the Night Part 2

He looked down on to his 2010 GT and the three coats of hand rubbed Meguire’s that clearly reflected the pride he had in his steed. It looked like a black diamond under the glaring white lights of his garage. He traced his fingertips along the smooth sharp edge of the front fender and slowly raised the hood. The fully polished Kenne Bell Supercharger sat a top the 4.6 and the stainless headers gleamed below. The lowered stance and wider tires gave a hint that there was something different about this car. He was ready and his car was ready, tonight would be his night. Tonight he would take back all the sleepless nights of so long ago. Tonight he would not be denied. A quick shower and he was ready to go. He wanted to start early, he was longing for this moment. The springs on the garage door moaned in complaint as they raised the door upward. A flick of the wrist and the three inch Corsa’s bellowed that the Mustang was also ready for tonight. He changed the color on the dash lights to blood red and shifted into reverse. The deep rumble that bounced off the homes mixed with the slight whine of the supercharger as he passed slowly by and on to the streets.

His first kill had been quick and merciless. The white Honda Civic with the over sized six inch exhaust pipe and acne faced teenager were nothing more than an annoying insect that he swatted away with the back of his hand. By the end of second gear the Honda was a distant memory. The Porsche proved to be more of a competitor but not even a close match for his Mustang. They were side by side through second gear but the German could not hold on against blown American Muscle and pulled off to prevent further humiliation. Other competitors pulled up and revved their anxiousness to compete and play, but he had no interest and let them roar off into the night without a thought. He wanted Camaro and nothing else would interest him as he continued to prowl, looking for his quarry.

The quietness of the night was in stark contrast to the rumble of his exhaust as he drove from street to street seeking his revenge. It was becoming late as he drove to the place of his last match and the moment that caused so many sleepless nights of staring wide awake at his ceiling. He pulled up to the familiar location and waited.

Once again he could feel its presence long before the lights came into view in his mirror. The familiar rumble of the ground shaking and the white rings of death from the RS lights drew closer. The powerful wide stance of the Crystal Red Camaro slowly pulled along side. He noticed that the Camaro was lower and had a deeper rumble but failed to notice the three symbols on the hood. The cars were in place and their mighty roars could be heard for miles away. So many nights had gone by waiting for this moment, tonight he would not be denied, tonight victory would be his. He brought his engine up to 4400. He had practiced this launch a thousand times and he had it perfected. The emerald green light shown brightly as he side stepped the clutch and the Mustang squatted on the Pedders springs and the wide Nittos dug in. The shift light illuminated the interior as he pulled second gear and took a quick peek in the side mirror. The Camaro was behind and a smile could not be helped.
The Mustang’s perfect launch had caught the Camaro by surprise but the 305 Goodyear’s were searing their permanent mark onto the blacktop. The tach’s raced to redline as each driver shifted to third and the Camaro started to gain. The needles were entering the red once again as they shifted into fourth side by side. Neither driver was breathing and only their heartbeats could be heard above the deafening roar of over 1000 horsepower. He was crushing the throttle through the floorboard as the loud whine of the Kenne Bell told him that there was nothing left to give. The Camaro pulled away and left him vanquished once again. As the tail lights disappeared he now noticed the three symbols on the rear that he had not seen earlier, ZL1.

He made the turn and headed for home. The springs moaned their sorrow as they lowered the garage door behind the mortally wounded steed. He climbed the steps to his bed once more and laid there staring at the ceiling wondering how many more sleepless nights would go by before he would venture out into the night once again. As he pulled the covers over his head, in the distance he could hear it’s rumble and he knew it was out there waiting, waiting for him.

He remembered what he had read while trolling through the Camaro5 forums,

"The name ZL1 has been revived and brought forth to wreak havoc on to the world."

He closed his eyes but knew that sleeping was futile as the angry rumble sounded in the distance, lurking.

Last edited by OldJedi; 04-27-2012 at 08:07 AM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham

You have a gift, OldJedi!!

That put a HUGE smile on my face!!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Excellent!!!

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

You have a gift, OldJedi!!

That put a HUGE smile on my face!!
Thanks, it is always fun to write. Dragoneye, I sent you a PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Thanks, it is always fun to write. Dragoneye, I sent you a PM.

I got it....no -- I'm not going to write a story about all the Mustang's Lazarus has caused to "leak themselves"...
Old 04-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
Unobtainium
Fabricator

Drives: 2011 2SS Summit White
Not going to be many mustangs running from the SS/ZL1.
GM has to pull their head out of the sand. Fire Al O first though. Simulate 662 hp did he? Hahahahaha.
393whp L99
GPI VVT Turbo Cam-in
Unobtainium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
Rice Killer
Cooter

Drives: my wife crazy
Loved it OldJedi! That is just what I needed.
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Rice Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #8
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
They fear the night when they see this behind them
Attached Images

CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Build Thread for my Z is in the works.....
PonyKiller74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #9
b_williams_82

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #142
Haha. Nice write up!!
b_williams_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #10
jumpcore

Drives: ZL1
Brilliant and very poetic:fighting0040:
jumpcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #11
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
awesome read... and to our Mustang friends... chill guys we love the Camaro and this is "our site" if you dont like the fact that we fond the Camaro over the Mustang then move to another forum... I like Mustang guys but not the ones who want to but heads because we are excited about our new car... my .2
Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #12
Rice Killer
Cooter

Drives: my wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
awesome read... and to our Mustang friends... chill guys we love the Camaro and this is "our site" if you dont like the fact that we fond the Camaro over the Mustang then move to another forum... I like Mustang guys but not the ones who want to but heads because we are excited about our new car... my .2
I give that a Super

Well put!
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Rice Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #13
MauriSSio
Banned

Drives: 1968 Ford Galaxie
i thought street racing stories were strictly forbidden???
MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:09 AM   #14
TorchedCobra
Banned

Drives: Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriSSio View Post
i thought street racing stories were strictly forbidden???
Simulated are ok...
TorchedCobra is offline   Reply With Quote