Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 05-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #15
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
As it being my first Camaro fest but not my first outing at a get together I'll say that at first most do not know who anyone is until for the most part after the event is over. There's gotta be a way to see who is who and who is there like a public sign in list or something. I know some of you had the advantage of either knowing members personally or coming down in a group or both but most it seemed did not. I had a great time but that was in part of my roommate Axis. I had more fun outside the event and that's funny in itself. Anyway I did have a good time and met a fair amount of people namely from Austin. The Austin group were great to hang with for sure. To close my post I recommend something like a sign in book either online or an actual physical book so it would be easier to know who's there and what not. Had a great time.
I totally agree with you except for the part of outside the event not being part of the event. A sign-in book would be awesome and if I'm still around we WILL DO THIS next year. It's a great idea, easy to do and no reason not to.

I've started a thread before fest two about nametags and then bumped it up the next two years discussing this same thing. Even if you do know a lot of folks already you still miss even more that you could have met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-vette View Post
I know it might be lame, but name tags?
We tried this for a couple of fests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSpeedFreak View Post
Window stickers and name tags... I'm down.
^^^This is what I want to see. Username on a car sticker. Find the car and stalk it until the owner comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
We tried name tags on lanyards 2-3 years ago. No one used them. No one.
Thank you, and where the hell were you this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Dang it. Aparrently I missed Bo and Axis?
I tried to ask user names around the lot at night.
made up my own name tags but didn't wear them.
Damit me too... and I know I was easy to find. I bet I even talked to them as well and still didn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
We (H-town Camaro Club) had custom shirts made with our name on it, which we all had on Friday. Something like that and a sticker on the car would be cool. I thought about getting some made up with my screen name. Just never got around to doing it.
^^Those were awesome shirts...
Old 05-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #16
Who Dat 2SS

Drives: Bitches Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
How about custom window stickers that go right underneath the registration ones. It wouldn't be noticeable only if you are looking for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSpeedFreak View Post
Window stickers and name tags... I'm down.

I think this will definitely be a must for us next year. If you're savvy you might pick up the BRESUS plates go with me but that's a stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I totally agree with you except for the part of outside the event not being part of the event. A sign-in book would be awesome and if I'm still around we WILL DO THIS next year. It's a great idea, easy to do and no reason not to.

I've started a thread before fest two about nametags and then bumped it up the next two years discussing this same thing. Even if you do know a lot of folks already you still miss even more that you could have met.

^^^This is what I want to see. Username on a car sticker. Find the car and stalk it until the owner comes out.

Damit me too... and I know I was easy to find. I bet I even talked to them as well and still didn't know.

Yes they were!!! Got to give the feedback to Mrs Who Dat. She's not on the C5 forum yet, I don't think. Just H-Town.

www.h-towncamaroclub.com

2011 2SS Convertible Black on Black on Black, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, LS9 Cam, Kooks Ceramic Coated Headers, LS3 Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, BMR Sway Bars and Bushings, JDP Color Changing Halos with Synced Grill Lighting, Custom Magnetic Removable Front Plate
*** RECORD HOLDER - FASTEST 3 WHEELED, 7 CYLINDER CAMARO LAP TIME AT MSR ***
Who Dat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #17
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I'm down too on the window sticker. I'll have it on my windshield since I've already got my name on the tag.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #18
Bo White

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbui View Post
It was our pleasure to have met you and Axis. We had a great time at the Texas Road House didn't we? You 2 were a couple of riot starters Thanks for installing your ported throttle body on my car.
It was awesome. You should have stayed so you could have been there last night for part II....needless to say we had half the waitress' coming over were we were. We got there at 7 and left way after closing.......
Attached Images

2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Old 05-04-2014, 05:18 PM   #19
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:

I introduced myself to you when you were cruising on the golf cart.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #20
SE-TX-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
My C5 is is my license plate number so I don't need a sticker but it is a good idea
SE-TX-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
I introduced myself to you when you were cruising on the golf cart.
Shit,,, it didn't register...
Old 05-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #22
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
I wore my name on my shirt for 2 of the days. Love the window decal/sticker idea also. Another suggestion would be for a thread that only has pics of you and your car for those attending or participating in C-Fest.

Regardless I had a great time and would definitely love to attend another one!

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in creating and putting on this event. I really appreciate the time and effort involved.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #23
GbrilliantQ
Ąʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:

=/

With our studio being built and our business taxes that we owe we just couldn't make it. Next year brah. Next year. Where is it going to be? I know it's not going to be in Texas again. St. Louis.

From my Note3
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:47 PM   #24
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Quote:
Hahaha you're not referring to me are you?

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #25
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Quote:

Case in point....I didn't get to meet you mlee!!!!

Maybe the name tag thing has to be advertised and encouraged....at Fest IV I didn't even know it was in the bag until toward the end.

I had an absolute BLAST though and want to say thank you to all those who made it happen!! I know it probably wasn't a walk in the park!!
Old 05-04-2014, 09:12 PM   #26
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE-TX-SS View Post
My C5 is is my license plate number so I don't need a sticker but it is a good idea

Mine is my license plate too, but unless you are standing right by your car and someone looks at the plate the connection isn't made. I was in/at my car for a total of maybe an hour on both days. Maybe we need to make t-shirts with a picture of our car and our screen name and wear those....LoL
Old 05-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #27
Bo White

Its not how you stand beside your car...its how you drive your car....
Old 05-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #28
Mr. Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Rally Yellow & 68 SS
I had my username on car and t-shirt.
Attached Images

AS OF 1/29/16 @ 633 RWHP=10.10@136
TOPED 700 PASSES AFTER F.I. AND STILL ON THE ORIGIANAL STOCK AXLE & DIFF
Mr. Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote