Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #407
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
OK guys,
Since I had the new frame & top put on a couple months ago, there have been no "V" marks at all. However, I still can't put the tonneau cover on & make it stay on while driving because the top sits a little higher in the well & the cover blows off at about 60 mph. I'll put pics up later, but this week I noticed that in the center of the top (right behind one of the rails) is a rub mark that's about 4-5" wide. I think it's caused from the tension placed on it while the top is flapping in the wind when it's retracted.

This may eventually wear through. The question is, would anyone pursue this with GM? I"ve already had a new fabric top, new 5th bow, then a new frame & top, a TSB 12052 performed. Is it time to give this car back to GM? Any opinions are welcome...
I believe you should bring it back and start requesting a trained engineer to adjust it. That frame should be low enough to allow the tonneau cover. Something is wrong. Take a look at my pics in my thread comparing a 4/26/2011 top replaced with a 6/27/2012 canvas on my original frame. The frame is basically in the original position. Take them the pics....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248940
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #408
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
So you can fit the tonneau cover on, it doesn't blow off, and it's not getting any of the "V" shaped rub marks?

Many people on the forums have said that the top sits up higher because the stoppers aren't letting it go down as much, and that this is what's keeping the "V" marks from reappearing.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #409
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
So you can fit the tonneau cover on, it doesn't blow off, and it's not getting any of the "V" shaped rub marks?

Many people on the forums have said that the top sits up higher because the stoppers aren't letting it go down as much, and that this is what's keeping the "V" marks from reappearing.
No V marks yet but i have only had it down probably 10 times since I got it back.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #410
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke1 View Post
What does TSB stand for?

This definitely not a bad question at all! This is a Technical Service Bulletin - This is the most common type of bulletin: It provides technicians required new service information. It provides a correction to a specific product problem and usually contains repair procedures, information on part numbers and availability, and warranty labor code information. The body of the bulletin will describe the condition, cause, and correction to the problem.

Are you currently experiencing a vehicle concern?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #411
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Old 09-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #412
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
I luv Brandon. This Forum ( in the Vert threads ) needs comic relief.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #413
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I know you guys like making fun of Brandon but look at it from his side. He is just doing his job and is getting made fun of in public. How would you like it if people made fun of the job you do in a place where thousands of people can read? You guys need to get over it and let him do his job, who knows you may need his help some day.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 09-15-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #414
Michael Rophone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I know you guys like making fun of Brandon...
You answered Duke1's TSB question with #405.

Brandon just needs to

Old 09-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #415
Michael Rophone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
How would you like it if people made fun of the job you do in a place where thousands of people can read?
I do...("thousands of people can listen")...and I've dealt with it for 46 years.
Say my name out loud.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #416
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
I do...("thousands of people can listen")...and I've dealt with it for 46 years.
Say my name out loud.
I just hate people ragging on someone all the time when all they want to do is help and that is his job, especially since he cannot respond to all the negative things said. I don't care if it's Brandon or you or anyone else, it just is not a good thing to do. Just give the man a break....
Old 09-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #417
brengeek
Not a dude.

Honey if you don't like what's being said, feel free to block those people with all the negativity that touch your sensitive side.

Otherwise please understand that the "Brandons" on here aren't people that can do much else than placate you, suggest you visit your dealership or look up recalls/tsbs. I have been told as much by a "customer service" representative on here in a PM.

Walk a mile in OUR shoes - better yet - drive a mile in one of OUR CARS. Preferably when it is raining. Oh, hope you're not sensitive to mold spores. See how much "help" someone like cactuseater has gotten.

Have a fantastic day! I know I will - there's a 2ss/rs sitting out front itching to go for a drive ...topless for probably one of the last times this year... blue skies here we come!!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #418
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brengeek View Post
Honey if you don't like what's being said, feel free to block those people with all the negativity that touch your sensitive side.

Otherwise please understand that the "Brandons" on here aren't people that can do much else than placate you, suggest you visit your dealership or look up recalls/tsbs. I have been told as much by a "customer service" representative on here in a PM.

Walk a mile in OUR shoes - better yet - drive a mile in one of OUR CARS. Preferably when it is raining. Oh, hope you're not sensitive to mold spores. See how much "help" someone like cactuseater has gotten.

Have a fantastic day! I know I will - there's a 2ss/rs sitting out front itching to go for a drive ...topless for probably one of the last times this year... blue skies here we come!!
Don't you feel that insulting someone that cannot defend themselves is rude and insensitive? Come on now how would you like not being able to reply to someone with what you think because it could cost you your job.
The problem is, as you said, he is a customer service rep. He does not repair the cars, he can only report the problems you are having then it is out of his hands. Instead of taking your flustrations out on someone that did not do anything but his job, maybe you should take it out on the real culprits. The incompetent people that work on the car.
He is such an easy target that some find it humorous to make fun of him. I find it immature to do so.
Maybe you guys that find offence to what the Brandon's have to say should be doing the blocking... If you don't like what he has to offer then block his posts. You just don't have to insult people for doing their job.

By the way I am not your "Honey"......

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 09-16-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #419
brengeek
Not a dude.

See? You have no problem insulting people on here when you know NOTHING about them. Don't go getting all preachy and uptight for nothing.

His "job" is to report back to "corporate" the "LIES" we're all telling on here. Yes, they are accusing ALL OF US for the LIES we are spreading online. Until you've had enough experience I'd say back off of those that have been through a hell of a lot more than you have. MMkay?

You're right. You're not my honey, not nearly sweet enough
Old 09-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #420
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brengeek View Post
See? You have no problem insulting people on here when you know NOTHING about them. Don't go getting all preachy and uptight for nothing.

His "job" is to report back to "corporate" the "LIES" we're all telling on here. Yes, they are accusing ALL OF US for the LIES we are spreading online. Until you've had enough experience I'd say back off of those that have been through a hell of a lot more than you have. MMkay?

You're right. You're not my honey, not nearly sweet enough
I'm not going to get into this with you. If I insulted you in some way I am sorry. If saying insulting someone or making fun of someone that can not respond is immature and you take offence to that then I am sorry.
Have a great day....

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 09-16-2012 at 01:01 PM.