Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-06-2015, 09:29 AM   #43
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
As others have said, brand loyalty doesn't make a whole lot of sense when it comes to cars. Go for what you like and for the form and function that suits you. When I approached the Mustang folks about switching over to the dark side and getting a Camaro, I was shunned, also. Except for a few enlightened folks that encouraged me to pursue my desires - life is short, as someone else stated; why spend your life thinking that one particular make and model is top dog when you'll never really know until owning something different to confirm or dispute your position? Reading a magazine, test driving one or hearing what your buddies say about it does a car absolutely no justice whatsoever.

Learning it's quirks and pushing past it's perceived limitations; that's when you'll know what it's about.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:37 AM   #44
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
As others have said, brand loyalty doesn't make a whole lot of sense when it comes to cars. Go for what you like and for the form and function that suits you. When I approached the Mustang folks about switching over to the dark side and getting a Camaro, I was shunned, also. Except for a few enlightened folks that encouraged me to pursue my desires - life is short, as someone else stated; why spend your life thinking that one particular make and model is top dog when you'll never really know until owning something different to confirm or dispute your position? Reading a magazine, test driving one or hearing what your buddies say about it does a car absolutely no justice whatsoever.

Learning it's quirks and pushing past it's perceived limitations; that's when you'll know what it's about.
Well I am brand loyal for one reason, every time I have bought another brand I have had nothing but trouble, so I always end up back where I am comfortable, Chevrolet & GM!
Old 05-06-2015, 09:39 AM   #45
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
ford make junk cars.
cheap nasty crap.
everytime i drive a ford it feels like something is gonna break..
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #46
CyberGreyConvertible
Dunder Mifflin Inc.

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
If that car is what will make you happy, I say go for it. I'm strongly considering trading in my SS convertible (that I've only had since January) for a 2009 or 2011 BMW Z4. As expected, a lot of comments about how it's a feminine car were thrown my way, but, if the car makes me happy, I'm going to go for it. Frankly, people try to make the situation too black-and-white. Unfortunately, it's either, "Mustangs are pieces of garbage that should all be burned at the stake", or, "Mustangs are the best cars on the road and will outsell the piece of garbage Camaro for the rest of eternity". Both cars are awesome, and don't feel any guilt about liking one or the other (or both!)
CyberGreyConvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:23 AM   #47
321LATER
321LATER

Drives: 2019 White ZL1 (On Order)
The new Ford Mustang is nice and would suggest that you give it a whirl and try it out. Take it from someone that currently owns two ford vehicles and of course a 2015 Camaro ZL1. The new mustang did not appeal to me personally but it is a matter of preference. The ZL1 is a mean looking, car eating machine and aside from the performance it is a head turner.

Don't be afraid to act out on your personal preferences.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:31 AM   #48
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
THIS!

Live a little! But understandably posting on a CAMARO forum you're going to get biased reviews for the most part.

But come on now... you gotta admit this 'Stang is pretty sick

I just ate one of those up on a ramp, couldn't hang though he tried!
Old 05-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #49
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
Why! Just get a Focus.

Good luck when a modded (or even stock) Focus RS pulls up next to you

0-60 4.6 seconds awd turbo... that focus is a heartbreaker. SS is rated at 4.5 seconds...
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:09 AM   #50
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
Mustang will always sound better than the Camaro. I'm not loyal to either, just happened to end up in my SS
Not with NPP and a fuse pull!
Old 05-06-2015, 11:45 AM   #51
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
The fact that it's a FORD is enough for me to walk away.

Call me I will sell you my 2001 Z/28
Old 05-06-2015, 11:47 AM   #52
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Not with NPP and a fuse pull!
I believe he was referring to the cleaner sound of the DOHC compared to SOHC. It's sort of an opinion thing, people like the single cam sound others like the dual.

But Ford's put the exhaust through the speakers... can't sound too great
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:54 AM   #53
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS2.0 View Post
Lol someone smack some sense into me quick...

I have been flirting with the idea for a couple of days now no decision will be made until I see the finished product on the 16th. But the 2015 has grown on me and I haven't owned a Camaro for 3 years so my patience is wearing thin.
OP get help soon before you go over the cliff!
Wait a few months for the CA6. Then the new Mustang will have a serious competitor. Choice is a good thing. The new Challenger is much improved, but still way too heavy.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #54
Hilflos

Drives: 2015 1SS / RS NPP
Gonna jump in on the, buy whatever makes you happiest, side of this conversation.

When I was in middle school and high school I helped my best friend and his father restore two mustangs, a '68 250ci six cylinder, which wound up being my friend's daily driver throughout high school and into college, and a '66 K code convertible, red with white top.

K code for those of you who don't know means the 271hp 289 ci v-8 Ford was building back then.

We also restored a '68 E-type Jaguar convertible.

My Dad had a '62 vette when I was a kid. He has had an '87 since it was new, as his toys.

Loved all of those cars, and I've always been a bit of a mustang and corvette fan as a consequence. To my eyes, the '69 mustangs are some of the prettiest cars ever made. The early sixties corvettes hold a similar spot.

Since I turned 16, I've owned, 11 cars. Some of those cars were strictly transportation. Most of them, though, put a smile on my face every time I saw them, let alone sat in them.

When it comes to cars like a Camaro SS, or a Mustang GT, or anything remotely similar, you are spending such a significant amount of cash, that, in my opinion, there should be no more important criteria than, when you look out the window, or walk up to it to go to work in the morning, it should be something that counteracts all the things you must do on any given day.

To put it another way, I don't want to spend 45 minutes driving to the cube farm that I spend the bulk of the day in, but I really enjoy 45 minutes in my Camaro, whether it's bumper to bumper, or wide open twisty roads. If nothing else the soundtrack the LS3 provides, just standing still, adds a little joy to my day.

For most of us, we will spend vastly more time in any given car doing more mundane things than seeing who can carve a corner better, who gets to 60 or through a quarter faster. Unless we're very fortunate, and / or very skilled, there will always be a faster car or a better driver somewhere out there. Ultimately, does it matter?

Do I think the '16 Camaro will be a better overall car than the current Mustang? Yeah, I do, but I freely admit to some bias there. The OP has already resolved to wait the ten days and see what he thinks of the '16 anyhow.

The point I'm trying to make is that, the vast majority of your time with any given car, whether it's the fastest of its type won't really matter. What makes you happy is almost always subjective, but by far the better criteria to choose by.

That said, I think the '16 Camaro will make you far, far, happier.
Hilflos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:06 PM   #55
Jakey2SS

Drives: 15' Scat Pack
Respect the performance, ugly car though.
Jakey2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:24 PM   #56
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBBS View Post
Those new '15 Mustangs are the worst looking ponies since the Mustang II. I didn't like them when I first saw them online and I like them even less in person.
I think they're the best looking in decades. And they make the 2014's look boxy and dated.

Looks are subjective.