Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-09-2018, 11:53 AM   #1793
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
You are a dreamer and I guess that could be good, but Sales for the 6th gen are poor, we needed a good refresh to generate interest. That didn't happen plain and simple. There is only moderate interest in the 6th gen no matter what year , the 19 isn't going to change that. I love my 6th gen because its such a great car and it looks great. It puzzles me why the masses do not feel that way.
Apart from GM upping the prices, the look obviously didnt strike the cord with the masses despite what so many folks say about it here. Hence it needed to change and GM did it. Including raising the front splitter which many had issues with for dd. As far as styling...it looks like GM followed a new front end trend which is clearly visible elsewhere (see pix). No enthusiast is ever gonna mistaken a Camaro for a Charger. General public doesnt care and often doesnt know anyway. I dont know how many folks asked me this question : "A nice car! What is it?" Most folks have little clue and buy cars based on completely different criteria.

To the folks driving imports and bashing Chevy on its forum: go buy a 2018 already

Ps Dodge is revising its grilles for 2019.
Attached Images

TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:57 AM   #1794
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Like I said, that’s not a Camaro anymore. Its uniqueness is gone.

You will hear a lot of “nice Dodge” at stoplights.
This looks like a Charger to you?
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2018, 12:00 PM   #1795
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Did you buy your Camaro because you believed it was going to sell well and be popular?
I bought it because I am a GM guy and Chevrolet has always been my #1 choice. Chevrolet has always been popular and always sold well. My opinion is the 19 will sell worse than the prior years unless there is a different pricing structure that would offset the not so great looks. Would I buy a unpopular poor selling car? no because I wouldn't like it for all the same reasons its a dud. I bought the 6th gen because of the alpha chassis first and foremost, the fact that it looks good is 1.5 on my list of musts and there is enough national interest in the Camaro equal to mine. Regarding myself only, its hard to generate self serious interest in something that few others have interest in.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:07 PM   #1796
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Umm... the front? Not at all!
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:11 PM   #1797
lt4camaro

Quote:
Apart from GM upping the prices, the look obviously didnt strike the cord with the masses despite what so many folks say about it here. Hence it needed to change and GM did it. Including raising the front splitter which many had issues with for dd. As far as styling...it looks like GM followed a new front end trend which is clearly visible elsewhere (see pix). No enthusiast is ever gonna mistaken a Camaro for a Charger. General public doesnt care and often doesnt know anyway. I dont know how many folks asked me this question : "A nice car! What is it?" Most folks have little clue and buy cars based on completely different criteria.

To the folks driving imports and bashing Chevy on its forum: go buy a 2018 already

Ps Dodge is revising its grilles for 2019.
No one has ever mistaken my Camaro for anything else or asked what is it. And what splitter issue?? Have 6600 miles on my car have never scraped or hit anything down low in the front. Have 5500 miles on a C7 also, no issues there either.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:13 PM   #1798
lt4camaro

Quote:
No, but the front looks like shit.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:15 PM   #1799
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
Ouch
To be fair, if that yellow Camaro is a dedicated drag strip machine than it looks the part. But if it is a dd car then...well...ugh! In my eyes anyway but it sure seems others have picked up on it as well. Only one thing is for certain: styling is highly subjective. Folks love 6th gen here yet it has been the slowest selling modern Camaro ever. Folks hate the refresh yet the sales may prove them wrong. We will have to wait and see.

But i will say this: GM picked the worse pix and angles possible for their official reveal. Maybe as a strategy - who knows...

The only 2 vids available thus far presents a very different look imo. So do the 2 pix of the red one in the wild which look awesome to me. Ditto the 1le mule. But, never bough a car based in pix alone so it doesnt really matter much at this point.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:17 PM   #1800
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
I bought it because I am a GM guy and Chevrolet has always been my #1 choice. Chevrolet has always been popular and always sold well. My opinion is the 19 will sell worse than the prior years unless there is a different pricing structure that would offset the not so great looks. Would I buy a unpopular poor selling car? no because I wouldn't like it for all the same reasons its a dud. I bought the 6th gen because of the alpha chassis first and foremost, the fact that it looks good is 1.5 on my list of musts and there is enough national interest in the Camaro equal to mine. Regarding myself only, its hard to generate self serious interest in something that few others have interest in.
I can assure you that without regard for the month you bought your 2016, there are 50 pages of hate on that months sales thread.

Camaro is going to be canceled! Its ugly (but looks to much like the gen5)! Its too small! Its too expensive! The visibility...........

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:22 PM   #1801
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
To be fair, if that yellow Camaro is a dedicated drag strip machine than it looks the part. But if it is a dd car then...well...ugh! In my eyes anyway but it sure seems others have picked up on it as well. Only one thing is for certain: styling is highly subjective. Folks love 6th gen here yet it has been the slowest selling modern Camaro ever. Folks hate the refresh yet the sales may prove them wrong. We will have to wait and see.

But i will say this: GM picked the worse pix and angles possible for their official reveal. Maybe as a strategy - who knows...

The only 2 vids available thus far presents a very different look imo. So do the 2 pix of the red one in the wild which look awesome to me. Ditto the 1le mule. But, never bough a car based in pix alone so it doesnt really matter much at this point.
Agree. It looks so good here IMO. I seriously think a 1LE in this color is going to look hot.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:25 PM   #1802
TrackClub

Quote:
No one has ever mistaken my Camaro for anything else or asked what is it. And what splitter issue?? Have 6600 miles on my car have never scraped or hit anything down low in the front. Have 5500 miles on a C7 also, no issues there either.
Well my actual experience varies from yours. I get a lot of "what is it?" comments at gas stations etc.

You and me but not many others re the splitter. Read the threads on this forum about how many folks bashed their splitters. If a new buyer wanted it as a dd (as most purchasers do) the splitter could play a role in a decision re: practicality. I think thats why GM raised it on the refresh. Just a guess on my part tho.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:31 PM   #1803
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Agree. It looks so good here IMO. I seriously think a 1LE in this color is going to look hot.
And this looks even better to me
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2018, 12:49 PM   #1804
Jerminator

Drives: Pending
Quote:
Originally Posted by AN0NYM0US View Post
Found one in red, wanted to take more pics but I was in a hurry...

Attachment 930693

Attachment 930694
Legit thought that was a Charger at first....
Jerminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:59 PM   #1805
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Yeah, nice Charger... 0 Camaro identity.

Now Dodge can say that they have a better handling car

Last edited by yankee; 05-09-2018 at 01:12 PM.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:13 PM   #1806
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Yeah, nice Charger... 0 Camaro identity.
Like i said before: time for you to buy a 2018 already. Good deals will only get better as a refresh is coming. Dont miss out

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!