Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-22-2015, 10:16 AM   #15
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
I had a case where I was not speeding and got ticketed just exactly like you. I decided to fight it and the cop and the prosecutor showed up in court. The cop admitted that he could not be absolutely certain it was me speeding but the prosecutor asked me about the power and mods on my car, then asked if I ever exceed the speed limit on public roads, he basically implied that if I was not speeding that day I must be speeding sometime if I have a car that is that fast. I said there was no speeding offense on the day of the ticket..... the judge gave me the fine anyway.... Just see if a lawyer can keep it off your record and don't waste your time trying to fight it. The only way to beat a bad legal system is to do an end around with a good lawyer. If I could go back I would try to find out how many cases went into the court room and got dismissed in the last year, I'll bet the answer is none. The municipalities are desperate for revenue and won't acknowledge that the local police force is not perfect.

The only time I ever went to court and got out of a ticket is when my lawyer said he tried and tried to make a deal with the prosecutor and the prosecutor said we had to be in court.... I showed up in court with my lawyer and as soon as the bailiff read the case number with me, my lawyer said "your honor, may I approach the bench?" the judge said yes, he walked up, and talked so quietly no one in the courtroom could hear, Judge said, case dismissed. Please pay court cost, I think that one only cost like $30 and my time....plus lawyer fees of course. Usually I just fax my ticket to my lawyer, and he calls back and tells me where to send a check. I have no speeding violations on my record, and unless the radar detector is screaming, pretty much nobody is passing me.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:40 AM   #16
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
http://www.berniesez.com/
Old 09-22-2015, 10:43 AM   #17
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
I will say this, I use the "WAZE" APP and it works really well!!! It's basically a social media APP where people mark where cops are, accidents, traffic jams, etc. So far so good!!! The App even verbally warns you of "Police ahead"
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:44 AM   #18
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Dash cam

Cheap insurance

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:47 AM   #19
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
I just saw this on the 1LE forum... too funny... but may help.
http://youtu.be/Oph1LToH3mM
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:05 AM   #20
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Hey no fair! Fast car's lives matter too.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:44 AM   #21
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvydvr View Post
lol.....now that's funny.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #22
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Quote:
Get one for the back plate and then haul ass! LOL
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:40 PM   #23
boondocksaint
Cartoon Maus

Drives: White ZL1, Chevroyota Prizolla
Lawyer up. Get it reduced or converted to a non-moving violation. I got pegged for going around a leaky gravel truck. Yes, spewing friggin' pea gravel all over the Interstate and cars were zooming around him when the chance arose. Mine arose at radar junction. Whaddyagonnado?

I lawyered up, paid a fine and preserved the paint on the front end for the most part. PPF helped, but I have a tiny nick in the insert, which is painted. Now I'm glad it is. Can't touch up CF.
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:29 PM   #24
brian-nicola

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I will assume that when your detector alarmed, there were vehicles in front of you and that this was a 4 lane highway and when you "saw" the Trooper you were doing the speed limit in the slow lane.
Radar will detect the closest, largest, fastest moving target first (vehicle passing you) and may also "flash" your speed momentarily.
So the questions of the Trooper on the stand are;
When did you first observe the accused
For what period of time did you visually observe the accused vehicle in your expert opinion of a motor speed detection officer, prior to activating your motor speed detector equipment? (6sec is the accepted standard)
Please confirm that the accused vehicle was the "only vehicle in the beam" and clarify your expert opinion to confirm that there was no other vehicle in the beam.
Is is not possible that the accused vehicle in the slow lane was not exceeding the speed limit and that your system in fact took the reading of the overtaking vehicle? If not, why?
Did you have the suspect vehicle under your observation the entire time from detection to apprehension?
Please clarify your prejudicial statement about "you are the one with the fast car"

Never mind about equipment calibration and all that bunk, it will get you nowhere and make you look like you are reaching. Remember innocent until proven guilty, but that the Trooper will be recognized as an "expert" both in his observations and operation of equipment.
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:44 PM   #25
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Definitely fight it. Radar waves will reflect back from the biggest target (van). I would request a copy of the dash cam and use that along with all the factual information on how radars work to prove your point.

Let us know how it goes..
Old 09-22-2015, 02:53 PM   #26
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Wait a minute... you eat and drink in your car?!!! Hahaha... That actually happened to me way back when, in my red Camaro, in Mississippi. A station wagon with a heap of little kids in it flew by me and the trooper pulled me over... Red cars = attention from cops... Not fair, but neither is life I guess... Sorry about your misfortune and I wish you luck in court.
cops suck here
Old 09-22-2015, 03:33 PM   #27
brian-nicola

Drives: 2014 ZL1
IMHO, Zyborg is correct about reflective waves. However, make the Trooper explain factual information on how the radar determined his conclusion. You are not an expert and you don't want to appear that you are. It is the job of the prosecution to prove their case of guilt.

It is like people like to try the "calibration" question, when in fact the police do not "calibrate" motor speed detection equipment, they merely conduct the test as outlined in the operations manual to determine the unit is operating within the manufacturers specifications. If it is found not too, then the unit is removed from service to be "calibrated". You don't want to go down that road...this is the time for you to play the "but your Honor...I just don't understand"...wounded bird/broken wing routine.
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:44 AM   #28
Murder 1

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Clocked is a rather generic term. If he had radar on and was shooting whatever, the other cars are a factor. If he was targeting with laser, he can hit a car in the last lap of Talledega at 1,000'. So if your ticket specifies which device he was using, that may be helpful.