Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:57 AM   #43
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadz93 View Post
Ebay comes up dry, ill message the dude

Could try a salvage yard also. Watch for the difference whether it has heated seats or not. Not sure if the same knob is used on both, I don't think so.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:06 AM   #44
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLocalDJ View Post

Could try a salvage yard also. Watch for the difference whether it has heated seats or not. Not sure if the same knob is used on both, I don't think so.
I'd doubt they're the same since one doesn't have a button and one does. Not many salvage yards near me unfortunately.

EDIT: found one not too far, and the price tag on the faceplate on the wrecked camaro they have is ZERO jackpot
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:05 PM   #45
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadz93 View Post
Ebay comes up dry
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-11-12-CHE...9X5E11&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-15-Chevro...RYQZqy&vxp=mtr
Old 12-09-2016, 05:27 PM   #46
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I would need heated seats, and it's hard to add an extra hundred bucks just for two knobs. Not like anyone would want what's left of the faceplate after you take those off anyway.

I'm not against paying a little extra for it to come with the knobs I need from the get go. I fear this is more a limitation on chevys part for not selling that part separately at a decent price, rather than phastek or pac

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:11 PM   #47
nikitis

Drives: 2012 Camaro Inferno Orange
I just picked mine up from Phastek! I hope I can put this together myself. I managed to install a GMusicConnect AD2P Module myself but this looks to be a bit more complicated. Worse comes to worse, I'll just have someone put it in.

I picked up an Android 5.1 7 inch Deck to go with it. No physical buttons on it, just smooth glass! Can't wait.

Got this:
https://www.amazon.com/Corehan-Andro...+Android&psc=1

Last edited by nikitis; 12-12-2016 at 03:35 PM.
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:36 PM   #48
Low Saturn

Be aware that a lot of those Android units are oversized 2din and may be too large for the opening on the PAC kit.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #49
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Be aware that a lot of those Android units are oversized 2din and may be too large for the opening on the PAC kit.
The products were never compatible and had been reported as such in numerous places =/

Always saddens me to see people put themselves in this situation. Be it software, computers or electronics always do your research and homework before hand, including reading manuals, to know what you're getting into.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:40 AM   #50
Low Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
The products were never compatible and had been reported as such in numerous places =/
I know. Early on, when the kit first came out, I asked for measurements of the radio opening from a member here and compared them to the physical size of the Android units. Then reported back here that they wouldn't fit.

In my first dealings with PAC, they said the kit would accommodate all dual DIN radios. I didn't believe them since I knew that not all DD radios are the same size. That's why I did my own research. I'm glad I did, or else I would of been stuck with a radio and/or kit I couldn't use.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:17 PM   #51
Hopstar

Drives: 2010 camaro Ss
Did it fit?

So did this radio fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitis View Post
I just picked mine up from Phastek! I hope I can put this together myself. I managed to install a GMusicConnect AD2P Module myself but this looks to be a bit more complicated. Worse comes to worse, I'll just have someone put it in.

I picked up an Android 5.1 7 inch Deck to go with it. No physical buttons on it, just smooth glass! Can't wait.

Got this:
https://www.amazon.com/Corehan-Andro...+Android&psc=1
Hopstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash kit, head unit, pac audio, phastek, rpk5-gm4101