Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-01-2018, 09:07 PM   #169
GatorGreg

Drives: '14 Blue Ray ("Suite Madame Blue")
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGO View Post
The V6 camaro's are made for fuel economy and bragging that it's a camaro. One have to put $$$ in it just to get a win or match the V8's performance in one. I really don't see any advantages in the sixes over the eights except maybe handling on twistees and fuel economy. I do not what is the whole deal with the v6s specially when the LS engines are far superior in power and reliability.
Wasn't the L99 also made for fuel economy by virtue of its cylinder deactivation system? My '14 V6 is the 5th pony car vert I've owned and the first with a V6 - yet it's still my overall favorite of the bunch! With 323 hp it has the 2nd highest hp (second only to my '04 Cobra vert) and it has by far the coolest styling (way more compliments than any of the others) as well as the most luxurious and feature packed interior. Yeah it's down 77 hp compared to your L99 but it still leaves most other cars behind at the stoplight and has the same 155 mph governed top speed. It's 0-60 and 1/4 mile performance would make it a good match for virtually any stock Gen 1 through Gen 4 V8 powered Camaro. The fact that it's not up to the performance specs of the 5th gen V8 do not take away from the fact that it is still a solid performer. That said, I've decided that if I see a '13/'14 Blue Ray ZL-1 vert for sale locally I will probably trade in my car - LOL
GatorGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:19 PM   #170
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorGreg View Post
...That said, I've decided that if I see a '13/'14 Blue Ray ZL-1 vert for sale locally I will probably trade in my car
https://www.warwickautopark.com/inve...et-camaro-zl1/

PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:27 PM   #171
GatorGreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
ME too! No replacement for displacement.
Forced induction helps - I wouldn't mind having either of these V6's in my garage

Old 05-01-2018, 09:34 PM   #172
GatorGreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
That thing is sweeeeeeeeeet! Seems like a fair price too. I really want an auto tranny though - at my age I want to be able to leave people in my dust with a milkshake or cheeseburger in my right hand
Old 05-01-2018, 09:43 PM   #173
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
That thing is sweeeeeeeeeet! Seems like a fair price too. I really want an auto tranny though - at my age I want to be able to leave people in my dust with a milkshake or cheeseburger in my right hand
They're the perfect ZL1 wheels too, but since you want to eat your cake too...

https://www.wildedodge.com/inventory...fl3dp4e9802342

Old 05-01-2018, 09:52 PM   #174
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Do it.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:53 PM   #175
GatorGreg

Quote:
They're the perfect ZL1 wheels too, but since you want to eat your cake too...

https://www.wildedodge.com/inventory...fl3dp4e9802342

I've seen that one on AutoTrader - I recognize the "FOXY" on the dash - I wonder if it was owned by a stripper? I prefer the wheels on the other one too.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:57 PM   #176
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
I've seen that one on AutoTrader - I recognize the "FOXY" on the dash - I wonder if it was owned by a stripper? I prefer the wheels on the other one too.
No one has to know you're not Foxy.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:06 PM   #177
GatorGreg

Quote:
No one has to know you're not Foxy.
If I got that car I would be so happy I'd just leave the FOXY on the dash and drive around playing nothing but Hendrix

Old 05-03-2018, 08:37 AM   #178
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
the first camaro was a v6 so how is that not a sports car and the v6 tt on 20+ psi vs the ss tvs2300 on 10 psi making about the same power and the v6 being lighter
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:42 AM   #179
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
the first camaro was a v6 so how is that not a sports car and the v6 tt on 20+ psi vs the ss tvs2300 on 10 psi making about the same power and the v6 being lighter
The Camaro being called a sports car started with the 6th gen.....these snowflake automotive writers of today have zero respect about the cars heritage. It was never ever called a sports car . ....when you do an ls swap into a Miata its still called a sports car. The Camaro in SS trim with an ls is a sports car how. Right...its not.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:44 AM   #180
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
The Camaro being called a sports car started with the 6th gen.....these snowflake automotive writers of today have zero respect about the cars heritage. It was never ever called a sports car . ....when you do an ls swap into a Miata its still called a sports car. The Camaro in SS trim with an ls is a sports car how. Right...its not. Try joining the Sports Car Club of any freakin were with your v6 Camaro and see what happens.....Im curious.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:27 AM   #181
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
The Camaro being called a sports car started with the 6th gen.....these snowflake automotive writers of today have zero respect about the cars heritage. It was never ever called a sports car . ....when you do an ls swap into a Miata its still called a sports car. The Camaro in SS trim with an ls is a sports car how. Right...its not.
It's not a matter of respect or heritage. Speaking strictly of 6th generation V8 models, they used to be one thing & have evolved into something else. Whether we like it or not, they're no longer pony/muscle cars, but very much a sports cars. They've helped redefine the term.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:38 AM   #182
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
It's not a matter of respect or heritage. Speaking strictly of 6th generation V8 models, they used to be one thing & have evolved into something else. Whether we like it or not, they're no longer pony/muscle cars, but very much a sports cars. They've helped redefine the term.
They have just changed terminology to suit ..just like eveything else.....Modern muscle car is my terminology.