Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 12-13-2019, 08:03 AM   #15
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
Thanks for the information I probably needed to know.
I have a tune from Dynosteve, where the gas delay was greatly eliminated.
But it's still not as sensitive as I would like.
So I wonder what way to go.
I don't like TB controllers so I think Throttle body from Bo seems like the best choice.

But now what?
2 or 3 ...?

Otherwise, I do not consider TB as a performance adjustment. Rather, it is the reaction of the pedal accelerator.
The power boost is a small bonus.

...and you came back from Stage 2 to the stock TB? Why...?
I went stock to stage 2. Bo released the stage 3 and I bought one. Put it on, immediately drove it around. During the drive it worked perfectly. Then after about 8-10 miles I guess the computer tried to compensate for the new TB.... when cruising with a constant pedal input at a constant speed, it would surge. It felt exactly like when my TPS went bad on the car. So I went back to stage 2 and have been using the stage 2 since.

I'm keeping the stage 3 for when I do more mods to the car and finally get tuned

I say if your tuned go stage 3 and be done with it. If you dont want a tune or dont want to retune do stage 2. Honestly both are great products and you cant go wrong with either one, especially if you find one in this for sale section
Old 12-13-2019, 11:13 AM   #16
Trawz

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
I went stock to stage 2. Bo released the stage 3 and I bought one. Put it on, immediately drove it around. During the drive it worked perfectly. Then after about 8-10 miles I guess the computer tried to compensate for the new TB.... when cruising with a constant pedal input at a constant speed, it would surge. It felt exactly like when my TPS went bad on the car. So I went back to stage 2 and have been using the stage 2 since.

I'm keeping the stage 3 for when I do more mods to the car and finally get tuned

I say if your tuned go stage 3 and be done with it. If you don't want a tune or don't want to retune do stage 2. Honestly both are great products and you cant go wrong with either one, especially if you find one in this for sale section
Good to know!

I snagged this and was wondering if I would need a tune to properly run this Stage 3 TB.

Looks like I will defiantly be picking up a SCT Tuner shortly.
Trawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 04:56 AM   #17
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:

I say if your tuned go stage 3 and be done with it. If you dont want a tune or dont want to retune do stage 2. Honestly both are great products and you cant go wrong with either one, especially if you find one in this for sale section
So if I only have the basic engine modes - long tubes, Cai and open exhaust with tune for 100 octane fuel (MON)... does it make sense to use Stage 3?
Or the second phase is enough.

Otherwise, I have an agreement with Dynosteve to provide me with new and new tunes for my engine.
So tune for new modes are not a problem.

So that's why I decide if Stage 2 or Stage 3.
What would be better for my engine.

Thanks for your time and explanation.

Last edited by George-CZ; 12-14-2019 at 05:10 AM.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 08:15 AM   #18
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

I personally dont think it matters what you go with. Both are great. If you can get your hands on a stage 3 do it. If you can get your hands on a stage 2. Great. You can not go wrong with either one. I really doubt the back porting adds another 5-10whp. Its probably 2whp or less. So your going off of throttle response....... and for that I would want the stage 3 because it's more responsive.

I have longtube headers and a rick Crawford intake in my garage. So basically our mods would be about the same. I'm going to put the stage 3 on right before I get a dyno tune.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:40 AM   #19
George-CZ

Quote:
I personally dont think it matters what you go with. Both are great. If you can get your hands on a stage 3 do it. If you can get your hands on a stage 2. Great. You can not go wrong with either one. I really doubt the back porting adds another 5-10whp. Its probably 2whp or less. So your going off of throttle response....... and for that I would want the stage 3 because it's more responsive.

I have longtube headers and a rick Crawford intake in my garage. So basically our mods would be about the same. I'm going to put the stage 3 on right before I get a dyno tune.
,,If you can get your hands on a stage 3 do it. If you can get your hands on a stage 2. Great.
I would want the stage 3 because it's more responsive."

This is exactly what I needed to know
I was a little worried if stage 3 would be too sharp for me.

So I will probably ask Bo for phase 3.

Thanks a lot.
When I get to FL, I invite you to a big pizza and beer
Old 12-14-2019, 08:32 PM   #20
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Quote:
,,If you can get your hands on a stage 3 do it. If you can get your hands on a stage 2. Great.
I would want the stage 3 because it's more responsive."

This is exactly what I needed to know
I was a little worried if stage 3 would be too sharp for me.

So I will probably ask Bo for phase 3.

Thanks a lot.
When I get to FL, I invite you to a big pizza and beer
I got bored tonight and did a little test. I went and drove about 3-5 miles with the stage 2 and then immediately installed the stage 3 and went on the same 3-5 mile route. No battery disconnected or anything. The stage 3 is more responsive. The car revs easier and faster and requires less throttle input. The surging feel definitely wasnt as pronounced as I remember but it was there. So in conclusion, stage 3 is more responsive.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:52 AM   #21
George-CZ

Quote:
I got bored tonight and did a little test. I went and drove about 3-5 miles with the stage 2 and then immediately installed the stage 3 and went on the same 3-5 mile route. No battery disconnected or anything. The stage 3 is more responsive. The car revs easier and faster and requires less throttle input. The surging feel definitely wasnt as pronounced as I remember but it was there. So in conclusion, stage 3 is more responsive.

Thank you very much for the very useful information.
I think it's a benefit not only for me, but also for others who are dealing with the unpleasant delay of the pedal accelerator.

I meant exactly this comparison.
I never thought anyone would have both Stages and could give me such detailed information.

I originally wanted Stage 2 because I was afraid Stage 3 wasn't
unmanageable.
But thanks to you, I know Stage 3 is exactly what I'm looking for.

and
Old 12-15-2019, 09:14 AM   #22
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Quote:
Thank you very much for the very useful information.
I think it's a benefit not only for me, but also for others who are dealing with the unpleasant delay of the pedal accelerator.

I meant exactly this comparison.
I never thought anyone would have both Stages and could give me such detailed information.

I originally wanted Stage 2 because I was afraid Stage 3 wasn't
unmanageable.
But thanks to you, I know Stage 3 is exactly what I'm looking for.

and
Glad I could help