Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
ABM/IOM

Drives: aqua blue ls and inferno orange ss
Boston Acoustics speakers in a 1LS

Has anyone tried this mod yet? I was looking into getting the 9 speaker BA set for my wifes 1LS but noticed that the rear deck speakers on the BA system have a 4 pin connector and the factory setup has only 2 pins in the connector.
What i was wondering is if the BA setup can be installed in the car with an adapter (if one is even made to accomodate the BA speaker)?
I haven't checked any of the other speakers to see if the pin connectors match up or not, but i did notice that the center dash speaker would not work because the 1LS dash was built without a center dash grille that can be removed like on the other models. The indentation is there, but no grille.
Thanks for any input.
ABM/IOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM/IOM View Post
Has anyone tried this mod yet? I was looking into getting the 9 speaker BA set for my wifes 1LS but noticed that the rear deck speakers on the BA system have a 4 pin connector and the factory setup has only 2 pins in the connector.
What i was wondering is if the BA setup can be installed in the car with an adapter (if one is even made to accomodate the BA speaker)?
I haven't checked any of the other speakers to see if the pin connectors match up or not, but i did notice that the center dash speaker would not work because the 1LS dash was built without a center dash grille that can be removed like on the other models. The indentation is there, but no grille.
Thanks for any input.
i was wondering the same thing if i was to upgrade to a BA system seems to me you need a whole new dash

also if i wanted to get the HUD displace unit same deal or no?

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
Travis64

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1lt rs auto 4-9-11
you can find better speakers then those for cheaper
Travis64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #4
seminolejon

Drives: 2011 2LS V6
I wasn't very impressed with the BA sound system compared to the stock sound system. If you're going to go through the trouble of modifying it, go elsewhere. Much better stuff than BA.
seminolejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #5
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis64 View Post
you can find better speakers then those for cheaper
like? also is the BA 9 and the stock 6? is it possible (even with after market) to get 9 in a stock car? with out cuting drilling moding yada yada

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
I have the BA speakers and honestly if these are "premium" speakers, I don't know what are crap speaker. My VW has better speakers than this from the factory. Definately not worth the 600 bucks that they charge for it. For that price I could get some decent Kickers.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
Nvincent4708

Drives: N/A
the BA are clear.. just not much bass.. needed a set of subs.
Nvincent4708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
like? also is the BA 9 and the stock 6? is it possible (even with after market) to get 9 in a stock car? with out cuting drilling moding yada yada
the only hole for a speaker missing in your non BA car is in the dash in the middle.

the BA counts the rear deck as 4 speakers, not just two.

So without modding, no you couldn't get the 9 in your car. just 8
Old 07-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #9
ABM/IOM

I'm going to check the door speakers and tweeter in a couple of days to see if they will fit up to the BA speakers. Iv'e got a 1SS as well as a 1LS so i can see if they retrofit. I'll re-post with the results.
Parts of the dash trim unclip to gain visibility to the center dash speaker area. I'll check if the car is pre- wired for that speaker also.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #10
ABM/IOM

O.K. I took the tweeters out of my wifes 1LS and my 1SS and compared the 2. Just so happens that they are the same identical tweeter? WTF? Same GM part # and everything. I thought if you had the Bosyon Acoustics system the tweeters would be the BA type, not the bone stock tweeters. I thought this was supposed to be a 9 speaker BA system? 2 tweeters, 2 door speakers 1 center dash speaker and 2 rear deck speakers / with subs built in. That makes 9. Well looks like GM screwed everyone on the tweeters cause they sure are'nt BA.
It started to rain when i was going to check the door speakers for fitment so i will check them in a couple of days.