Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #365
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilletAnything View Post
Wheel was not built properly if it's a 3 pc
ALL 4 of my wheels did that. And still do. Just not as much. But Savini says that's normal anyway.

Bottom line, Savini says the wheels in that video are normal. Within acceptable tollerance. My problem was that the shop on two different occasions grabbed some 22" sheels from their stock and spun them on the same machine and didn't bounce like the Savinis. And told me I need to have Savini fix them. Savini sent to me like that 3 times. The first time I got them, and two subsequent times after I sent them back to be fixed, they sent them back to me and told me it's normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Savini is just unbelievable. I'm glad I had no desire to pay that much for wheels or I might be in the same boat.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #366
Unique Auto Depot

Drives: Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
ALL 4 of my wheels did that. And still do. Just not as much. But Savini says that's normal anyway.

Bottom line, Savini says the wheels in that video are normal. Within acceptable tollerance. My problem was that the shop on two different occasions grabbed some 22" sheels from their stock and spun them on the same machine and didn't bounce like the Savinis. And told me I need to have Savini fix them. Savini sent to me like that 3 times. The first time I got them, and two subsequent times after I sent them back to be fixed, they sent them back to me and told me it's normal.

Yikes !!
Unique Auto Depot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #367
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Quote:

Give them an ultimatum to give your money back since they cannot make it right. If they refuse, get a lawyer. Sue them for the money including lawyer fees. Either they will settle or lose. You have got overwhelming evidence.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #368
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Give them an ultimatum to give your money back since they cannot make it right. If they refuse, get a lawyer. Sue them for the money including lawyer fees. Either they will settle or lose. You have got overwhelming evidence.
In my case it's been over a year.

And they have a problem with blaming the customer. Must have hit a pothole.

The paint is what it is.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #369
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Quote:
In my case it's been over a year.

And they have a problem with blaming the customer. Must have hit a pothole.

The paint is what it is.
4 pot holes??? That just sucks overall!!
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #370
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
4 pot holes??? That just sucks overall!!
That was my point. In fact would had to have been 12 potholes for every time I sent them back.

And it would have to be on the way home from the shops. hahahaha
Old 09-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #371
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Well, my Savini wheels came back and are biting me in the butt once again.

I sold them on ebay. The buyer chose NOT to pay the shipping and handling fee I asked for and selected "local pickup." But, he lives in Iowa (I'm in Ohio). So he sent me a note and asked if they were packaged and ready to ship. I said "no, you didn't pay the shipping and handling fee which includes the cost of packing up the wheels to ship." So, I told him where he could get the wheels (IPS Motorsports) where they were waiting for him on a rack.

Well, he contacted IPS to have them wrap and ship the wheels.

When he got them... guess what? He said they have CHIPS IN THE PAINT!

I called IPS and they confirmed that the wheels had no blemishes when they packed them. So, the chips occurred sometime after they were shipped (which the buyer was responsible for).

The buyer is now asking me to give him a partial refund of $1000. He has also given me my first ever negative feedback on ebay. I'm sure he is going to escalate the case to get ebay involved next week.

I really hate those wheels!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #372
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post

I sold them on ebay. The buyer chose NOT to pay the shipping and handling fee I asked for and selected "local pickup." But, he lives in Iowa (I'm in Ohio). So he sent me a note and asked if they were packaged and ready to ship. I said "no, you didn't pay the shipping and handling fee which includes the cost of packing up the wheels to ship." So, I told him where he could get the wheels (IPS Motorsports) where they were waiting for him on a rack.

I called IPS and they confirmed that the wheels had no blemishes when they packed them. So, the chips occurred sometime after they were shipped (which the buyer was responsible for).

The buyer is now asking me to give him a partial refund of $1000. He has also given me my first ever negative feedback on ebay. I'm sure he is going to escalate the case to get ebay involved next week.

Man, talk about an albatros. These wheels are going to haunt you for a the rest of your life.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #373
RayJay

Drives: Your Wife's Benz ;)
Wow! This is movie material! I'm gonna write the first-ever horror film based solely on haunted wheels! You guys will have a role, so polish up your acting skills people!!!! Lol!
RayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #374
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
i'd give them the k and say f it. think about the wheels like an x wife.

Last edited by bob vogel; 09-08-2011 at 08:52 PM.
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #375
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob vogel View Post
i'd give thim the k and say f it. think about the wheels like an x wife.
Except that he paid for the wheels and selected "local pickup." The wheels were fine when they were packaged for shipping. I am not responsible for shipping damage when he arranged for shipping.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #376
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Except that he paid for the wheels and selected "local pickup." The wheels were fine when they were packaged for shipping. I am not responsible for shipping damage when he arranged for shipping.
Your correct, your not responsible for damages via SHIPPING..

Just document your emails and advise the buyer, his claim is with the shipping company .....
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #377
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:

Wow, sorry to hear that.

If he paid via paypal, you're hosed, if he paid another way,you may have a chance.

He'll likely file a SNAD claim (Significantly not as described). Ebay generally rules in the buyers favor 99.9% of the time. As long as he ships the wheels back, ebay will give him a refund. That's where the payment comes in, if it's paypal, they will pull the money automatically from your paypal account. If he paid with a money order etc., it's tough luck, but they will suspend your ebay account until you refund him, so you have to decide if it's worth it.

It might be in your best interest to make a counter offer. Offer him $500 and make it clear you're prepared to drag the process out if necessary etc.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #378
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Exactly, he chose to do local pick up and then have IPS ship them. His fault.