Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-21-2016, 07:48 AM   #1
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
Z/28 with Forza Controller

I was at a local car event yesterday and an owner of a Z/28 was there that had previously installed the Forza exhaust controller. I was blown away with he has done on his car.

First off, he installed the 3-Way Forza exhaust controller. This provided the ability to have the NPP exhaust in factory mode, open mode or closed mode. Ray really enjoyed having this ability. Gave him a lot more control.

Yesterday, I met Ray and behold the transformation ... sorry, no pics. Same car on the outside, but he has installed long tube headers and cat delete. But he kept the NPP exhaust. But now, the stock mode on the car sounds positively great. The sound is very pleasant, not too loud and no drone. Burbles at idle. As soon as the throttle is applied, the valves close and the car is very civilized. But open the valves on the NPP mufflers using the Forza controller ... and oh my! With the headers and cat delete, that car sounds amazing. One has to hear to believe.

But that all aside, Ray likes to track his car. But alas, some of the local tracks have noise restrictions in place. The Z/28 ... with the NPP exhaust ... will have the exhaust bypass valves in the open position when under full throttle and the car will fail the noise sheriff examination at the track. This is normal in factory mode. But, with the press of a button, he can command the car to keep the valves always closed, even under full throttle ... so the car passes noise limit testing.

The feedback I got was great to have. Ray has become a outspoken advocate for the Forza controller and it was great to see him. I will be trying to see if I can get some photos to post.

Regards,

Steve
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:20 AM   #2
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzasteve View Post
I was at a local car event yesterday and an owner of a Z/28 was there that had previously installed the Forza exhaust controller. I was blown away with he has done on his car.

First off, he installed the 3-Way Forza exhaust controller. This provided the ability to have the NPP exhaust in factory mode, open mode or closed mode. Ray really enjoyed having this ability. Gave him a lot more control.

Yesterday, I met Ray and behold the transformation ... sorry, no pics. Same car on the outside, but he has installed long tube headers and cat delete. But he kept the NPP exhaust. But now, the stock mode on the car sounds positively great. The sound is very pleasant, not too loud and no drone. Burbles at idle. As soon as the throttle is applied, the valves close and the car is very civilized. But open the valves on the NPP mufflers using the Forza controller ... and oh my! With the headers and cat delete, that car sounds amazing. One has to hear to believe.

But that all aside, Ray likes to track his car. But alas, some of the local tracks have noise restrictions in place. The Z/28 ... with the NPP exhaust ... will have the exhaust bypass valves in the open position when under full throttle and the car will fail the noise sheriff examination at the track. This is normal in factory mode. But, with the press of a button, he can command the car to keep the valves always closed, even under full throttle ... so the car passes noise limit testing.

The feedback I got was great to have. Ray has become a outspoken advocate for the Forza controller and it was great to see him. I will be trying to see if I can get some photos to post.

Regards,

Steve
How about a video? Want to hear the beast.
JUSTIFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
abbey

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Do you know what company and size his headers are?
abbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:19 PM   #4
forzasteve

I hope to see Ray in the next few days, I will ask him the details.

Regards,

Steve
Old 02-25-2016, 11:33 AM   #5
I4toV8
Dazed &

Drives: matte blue 2014 z28(186) 2015 R1
im getting long tubes installed and have the same 3 way controller ill get a video for you guys
Old 02-25-2016, 10:23 PM   #6
silverbullet415

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
I have the forza controller with long tubes and high flows, makes a big difference when closing the valves while street driving and no drone on the freeway
silverbullet415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:54 PM   #7
forzasteve

I had the honor of selling / installing a Forza Controller on a Hennessy Z/28 this week. The car was awesome. I did not take any photos (my bad) but the owner posted a YouTube clip of the car after installation. Turn up the sound on your computer. You can hear the difference from NPP valves open vs closed ...

Steve
Old 03-05-2016, 10:56 PM   #8
forzasteve

Earlier I mentioned that I ran into a client that had installed a Forza controller on his Z/28. I was at a car event today and Ray kindly agreed to let me take a short video of his car. His Z/28 is a 2015 model and dark grey. He has long tube headers and cat delete.

The vid is short as we were in residential neighborhood and did not want to frighten young children.

Steve
Old 05-08-2016, 09:56 AM   #9
LastGen5
Manual Guy - Until Now...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I just installed mine yesterday (SS w/long tubes and high flow cats) as my wife complains the 'car is too loud now'. It's great because I can quiet things down a little when I start up in the garage (the NPP has the valves open for the first 10 seconds so the car 'roars' to life when started), but when I'm out and and about, I can open the valves all the time and show off the rumble to the rest of the world without having to rev the throttle to nearly 4,000 rpm. The installation is a little PITA getting the vacuum solenoid connectors on, but the instructions are very good.

Being able to force the valves closed (particularly at startup) is the key advantage of this device in my opinion.

I highly recommend this for anyone with factory NPP.
LastGen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #10
tylerio
EXTREMZ

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #891, 2012 2SS 45th Anni
Installed mine three weeks ago. I have ARH long tube headers, factory exhaust. The product is great. I don't have to worry about pissing off the neighborhood anymore! Plus, no longer have to worry about not passing sound inspection at the track!
tylerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:53 AM   #11
peder711

Drives: Porsche
How do you get it to rev like that in idle? Is that programming? Mine doesnt like revving in idle at all :-)
peder711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:33 AM   #12
LastGen5
Manual Guy - Until Now...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I wanted to pass along a very positive experience with Forza Componenti. My 3 way exhaust controller board was damaged during a fuel pump upgrade (burned out the board). I rang Steve for a replacement and not only was the board in my hands a couple of days later, the price was extremely reasonable.

BTW I have mine set up to be controlled by the Camaro's garage door remotes; this is super handy!

Thank you Steve.