Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-07-2017, 08:27 AM   #43
z28rox

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Sorry for the late chime in but I needed time to get my new rubber on the track. Running NT01's 325 rear 305 front. I wanted to go with Nittos because they heat up real quick compared to OEM. I did not experience any and I mean any increase in oversteer is all I noticed was just a tad bit more grip coming out of a turn. And maybe it had nothing to do with the increased width but tire compound. The Nittos do lose grip after a extended time on the track compared to OEM but at my home track each session is only a half hour and I never stay out that long anyways (trying to save the rotors as long as possible) so it was a non issue.
z28rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:01 PM   #44
The_Raging_Bull
Raging Bull Reborn

Drives: '09 CGM Z063LZ '15 RH Z/28 #0631
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVNO1 View Post
Hey guys. I'm thinking of adding a Z/28 to the stable.
I was thinking of adding a set of HREs like the one ones I have mounted up on my Z06. I'm running a 10 rim on the front with a 285 and a 12.5 rear with a 345. My question is would this same combo fit under a Z/28? Can't remember what my off sets are though. My goal would be to get the front and rear wheels to sit flush with the car. Also want the same tire bulge to be the same from to rear.

I don't like how the stock tires sticking out in the front and the rears poking in on the Z/28. Concerned about the front tire peppering the rear quarter panel. The car would be used as a weekend toy. Maybe a track day 1-2 times a year, but out side of that street use 99 percent of the time. Thanks for any input. Here are a couple of pics of my Z06. Not the best pics, but you can see how the wheels sit flush with car.
I have the same car (09 CGM Z06) same wheel combo, but on stock rims - 285-30-18 front 345-30-19 rear. The easy way to save the paint is use Xpel Ultimate @ 8.5 mil thick.; When you're at the track or autocross, you can add Xpel track wrap...I've had exactly zero issues with sandblasting my paint. There has been no paint deterioration on either my Z06 or Z/28; both have Xpel on all surfaces where the paint can get pelted; especially on each side behind the tires halfway up the doors from front to rear.

Each has the entire front clip covered, a 8 to 10" line on the top of the windshield, the mirrors, the windshield side posts, and the spoilers. The Z/28 has more chance for damage and I've not had any in about 2500 miles of driving mixed from in town to highway. I've avoided autocrossing or tracking it, but recently bought a roll of Xpel track wrap to support getting the car out on surfaces where there may be small rocks and pebbles.

On HRE's I'd run a square setup - I've been looking at weights the Pilot Sport PS2's are about the same weight as Trofeos. I'll watch as others help figure out the best path forward before I drop my $2K on new tires.

Toy 1 '15 RH Z/28 w/AC & Radio S/N 0631
Toy 2 '09 CGM Z06 3LZ
My DD: '17 Ford Mustang GT
Her DD: '14 F150 Ecoboost 3.5

Last edited by The_Raging_Bull; 06-07-2017 at 04:22 PM.
The_Raging_Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #45
kramard

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
I've had great luck with road warrior plus. Couple of things... put two thick coats to make removal easier. There will be pieces that get left behind in the fender gaps, splitter, flares etc. After the season I plan to do a very detailed cleaning to collect all the little pieces which stay behind here and there. Since i'm putting it on and off so much I try to get it 95 - 99% clean but don't stress out if I miss a piece here and then. Don't try to remove pieces without making sure they've been soaked in cold water for a bit.

If you can afford to xpel the car - I would. Biggest regret I have is tracking the car without protection and sand blasting my front splitter and bumper. Once the season is over I'm going to wet sand, compound and polish. I've incurred no new damage since using road warrior plus.

I'm going to plasti dip black (I have a black car) the impact area in front of the rear wheels tomorrow and see if that's a more permanent solution than road warrior plus. I'll report back if chips are getting through. Also thinking about plasti dipping the front bumper for the remainder of the season. Once I wetsand, compound and polish I will be doing Xpel ultimate on the front clip and rear quarters.
kramard is offline   Reply With Quote