Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #43
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
I found a new AC car in dealer inventory for 50K, and a couple like used with relatively low miles for nearly 10k less. Not sure which direction I am going to go, being an original owner is certainly nice,but keeping several k in the bank ain't bad either.
I went the new route to be original owner. Spent an extra $5k to $8k to do it last October. If I did it again I would have bought one of the many with 1,500 miles or less at the $5k-$8k discount and used those $ for mods.

That being said I would not have bought one with 5k or more miles to save another $4k, unless it was going to be my daily driver, then I would get the lowest price one I could find. At some point for weekend cars those are miles you can use up and still be a low mileage car when you go to sell. Since most Z's don't get daily driven, there will always be low mileage examples available at market.

Very happy with what I have, but with IowaEDU's car available at $48k with limited miles and a known member here, I would jump on his car, if white was one of your color choices. He has all the right stuff and has not abused it, so you are getting a virtually new car at a great price.

Good luck finding right one for you.
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:58 AM   #44
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
Interesting. Sounds like a business opportunity to me. A Trivago-like site for car shoppers.
Yep there is market for that for sure! Used car lots should like this to offset the new car dealers ad budgets!
Old 06-05-2017, 12:00 PM   #45
pat_t

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
Interesting. Sounds like a business opportunity to me. A Trivago-like site for car shoppers.
Coming from the UK/Europe I was surprised you don't already have such a thing in the 'States. We have several such sites for UK and European sites here's a couple of examples:

https://cars.trovit.co.uk/
https://www.autoscout24.com/

When I was searching for a Z to export to the UK I had several criteria, colour, miles, mods, no-AC, location (close to international shipping port, preferably East Coast),..etc etc

I found it a chore to search, but luckily managed to find my perfect car after a couple of months through a private sale on Camaro5!!
pat_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:55 PM   #46
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercup View Post
I went the new route to be original owner. Spent an extra $5k to $8k to do it last October. If I did it again I would have bought one of the many with 1,500 miles or less at the $5k-$8k discount and used those $ for mods.

That being said I would not have bought one with 5k or more miles to save another $4k, unless it was going to be my daily driver, then I would get the lowest price one I could find. At some point for weekend cars those are miles you can use up and still be a low mileage car when you go to sell. Since most Z's don't get daily driven, there will always be low mileage examples available at market.

Very happy with what I have, but with IowaEDU's car available at $48k with limited miles and a known member here, I would jump on his car, if white was one of your color choices. He has all the right stuff and has not abused it, so you are getting a virtually new car at a great price.

Good luck finding right one for you.
I would agree,if his car were silver or red,and it had AC it would already be in route. Non AC cars in SoCal and most everwhere else are deal killer for nine out of ten buyers, but over time it might actually become more desirable and the last 14 CTF is special.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:57 PM   #47
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
I would agree,if his car were silver or red,and it had AC it would already be in route. Non AC cars in SoCal and most everwhere else are deal killer for nine out of ten buyers, but over time it might actually become more desirable and the last 14 CTF is special.
Agreed - last CTF is special - but most buyers want to drive car and be comfortable, so AC is the key aspect.

Check out Camaro Fifty event this weekend at Selman Chevrolet!
Old 06-05-2017, 03:53 PM   #48
iownedu

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/28
I actually have my car reduced to $47k now. I hate it, but I need the garage space soon.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/2014-Chevrolet...SELLING_ACTIVE

2014 Camaro Z/28. Last Pre-Production car, #69. White without A/C, 1 of 4.

2008 Mercedes AMG C63
Longtubes, Intakes, Wheels, Coilovers, Tune

2006 Lamborghini Gallardo SE
Gated Verde Ithaca
Heffner 1000TTG
iownedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:50 PM   #49
Fastduo

Drives: 2015 Z28 Silver w/AC
I have a Silver '15 Z28 with A/C (rarest color) that I am considering selling if you would be interested in it. I am asking $45K. The car has roughly 5000 miles on it, full factory bumper to bumper warranty with two years left. I bought it brand new last may. It is not my daily driver. No accidents and all service has been completed. Car is in Miami and can assist with shipping.

PM me if interested.
Fastduo is offline   Reply With Quote