Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #15
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
As HDRDTD said any dealer can choose which programs to participate in. With the Employee and Supplier pricing programs they can choose whether or not to sell the vehicle with these pricing programs. I hope that helps to answer that question. As far as the GM Loyalty Discount like many of our offers it would still be up to the dealer.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
OK, thanks Jeff, I will ask if he will honor any GM discounts.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #16
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Wait a year and they will honor employee discount and there will be rebates. Combined you could walk out the door paying 47k plus GG tax and state tax for a total of 51k.
Patience Grasshoppa,patience.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #17
DHSS

Drives: Empty
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
Wait a year and they will honor employee discount and there will be rebates. Combined you could walk out the door paying 47k plus GG tax and state tax for a total of 51k.
Patience Grasshoppa,patience.
Exactly, anyone expecting to get a ZL1 w/o dealer markup is crazy. These are limited edition supercars with 580 bhp for 50-60k. Dealers will have 10k market adjustment easily. Been selling 25 plus cars a month for 10 years, Honda S2000 10k market adjustment when released. Pontiac Solstice 10k market adjustment when released and people were paying it all day long and I was making $2500 commissions on each one. Anyone expecting anything below 5k over MSRP is kidding themselves. Any dealers willing to sell them below that should choke themselves.
DHSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHSS View Post
Exactly, anyone expecting to get a ZL1 w/o dealer markup is crazy. These are limited edition supercars with 580 bhp for 50-60k. Dealers will have 10k market adjustment easily. Been selling 25 plus cars a month for 10 years, Honda S2000 10k market adjustment when released. Pontiac Solstice 10k market adjustment when released and people were paying it all day long and I was making $2500 commissions on each one. Anyone expecting anything below 5k over MSRP is kidding themselves. Any dealers willing to sell them below that should choke themselves.
There are a whole bunch of us getting them at MSRP... Dealers that sell at MSRP generally get more volume which will eventually turn into more allocation so I'm quite sure there are tradeoffs between marking up and selling a few, or getting more allocations and selling volume...

Either way I expect MSRP, and I'm not crazy...
Old 10-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #19
2ndCamaro79

Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Quote:

I have to agree with this 100%, if this was a regular car shame on the dealers for marking them up! This is high performance car with a limited first run, and I don't see any dealer not charging at least 5K over MSRP. The biggest dealers in my area are the ones with the biggest mark ups. Their big because they make as much money as they can on each car and get the cars other dealers can not. Its the small dealers that don't charge mark ups that have the low volume and you never see ZR1s on their lot. If you want to be one of the first to have something you normally have to go the extra mile. That may be standing in line all night, leaving a huge deposit, or in this case paying DMA. I am sure there will be a few to get this car at MSRP, but they are the lucky ones and are not the norm. Normally in life to have to pay to play with the big boys. This first run of ZL1s is for the big boys, if you can wait I am sure there will be some sitting on lots with all kinds of discounts in a year or so.
2ndCamaro79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:11 PM   #20
FreddyG

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by toilets View Post
CRAP! Thought I had an out in regards to the mark up!
You do.....Don't buy it!

If everyone would boycott the dealers that mark up the cars, they'd sit on the lot and they might eventually get the point!

The dealer that I was at yesterday said that they're asking an addendum to the car and if it didn't sell in a month or two, then they'd go to MSRP and then a month or two and then invoice.

They are one of the biggest volume dealers in Illinois, so I'd think that they'd want to sell cars to get more of them to sell. The problem is that there is quite a bit of money in this area (unfortunately, not in my case), so the mark up will be paid for by someone. Oh well, what ya gonna do?
FreddyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #21
friskyshouse

Drives: 2010 ABM 1LT RS
When I ordered mine Aug. of '09 they said no emplyee discount, but when I picked it up Dec 31st '09 they gave it to me.
friskyshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:02 PM   #22
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
All of the normal discounts COULD be applied if the dealership would allow it. DON'T LET THEM BLAME GM... a LOT of people try and make GM the bad guy and say they won't honor it.....the only thing that GM dictates is rebates, when, how much, and what cars they apply to.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:04 PM   #23
FreddyG

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
Actually, I read somewhere that GM frowns upon the dealer markups because it give their brand a bad image. Just like the above poster said, it's the dealer not the Corporate offices that are getting the extra money, so I guess we shouldn't blame GM for the dealership's greed.

Greed, isn't that one of the seven deadly sins?
FreddyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #24
gt2serious
Dan Hall / SS-IN-TX

Drives: SW/2SS/RS/11-11-09 It's all mine!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCamaro79 View Post
I have to agree with this 100%, if this was a regular car shame on the dealers for marking them up! This is high performance car with a limited first run, and I don't see any dealer not charging at least 5K over MSRP. The biggest dealers in my area are the ones with the biggest mark ups. Their big because they make as much money as they can on each car and get the cars other dealers can not. Its the small dealers that don't charge mark ups that have the low volume and you never see ZR1s on their lot. If you want to be one of the first to have something you normally have to go the extra mile. That may be standing in line all night, leaving a huge deposit, or in this case paying DMA. I am sure there will be a few to get this car at MSRP, but they are the lucky ones and are not the norm. Normally in life to have to pay to play with the big boys. This first run of ZL1s is for the big boys, if you can wait I am sure there will be some sitting on lots with all kinds of discounts in a year or so.
I sold 3 ZR1's when they first came out and I don't think a dealer is classified as BIG if they sell a combined new and used of 80 to 110 a month. Oh, I also sold all three ZR1's and all of my Camaro allocations AT MSRP. You don't have to be BIG to get allocations IF you sell the right inventory.