Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-29-2017, 08:17 AM   #1
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Current build cars fixed? Or issues not addressed

On the verge of trading in my 2013 1LE (zero issues) for a 17'
I'm scared to death after reading all of the TSB posts- takes me back to the original 5th gen in 09'..

The car I was purchasing is being built now. 4/24
Have any of these issues been corrected in cars coming off the line or is it still a problem?

Examples: Rear end groan, NPP rattle, rotor issues, shifting issues and battery issues?

Thanks! Any help is appreciated!
Old 04-29-2017, 08:37 AM   #2
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
FWIW - I have a 2016 1SS M6 built in January 2016, bought in March 2016. I have driven it 8800 trouble free miles since then. I have received one recall notice which was cleared with no action as my build contained the correct part.

Its a roll of the dice on any new car when and if you are going to need warranty repairs. I don't think this car is fraught with build and quality issues. Remember people in general get on forums and report any little problem. Trouble free cars like mine don't get much conversation. My take is "don't worry - be happy". The first time you get to roll through the gears on that new 1LE - I am positive you will have permagrin!

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:49 AM   #3
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Thanks for the insight. Yeah I'm just a little uneasy because my 2010 was a nightmare. The 1LE has been great- so good we bought two lol

I just really don't want a bunch of headaches again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
FWIW - I have a 2016 1SS M6 built in January 2016, bought in March 2016. I have driven it 8800 trouble free miles since then. I have received one recall notice which was cleared with no action as my build contained the correct part.

Its a roll of the dice on any new car when and if you are going to need warranty repairs. I don't think this car is fraught with build and quality issues. Remember people in general get on forums and report any little problem. Trouble free cars like mine don't get much conversation. My take is "don't worry - be happy". The first time you get to roll through the gears on that new 1LE - I am positive you will have permagrin!
Old 04-29-2017, 09:04 AM   #4
AndyUK

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
probably too soon to tell, they definitely did bring fixes online for some things, like the rear end, but as an example I only got my '17 in December '16 and have only managed to rack up about 2000 miles so far, some people didn't start getting problems with their '16 rear ends until 8-10k miles so I'm probably going to be 2 years in before I can definitely say I don't have a problem (I've also already swapped out the fluid which was very black with lots of shiny bits!)
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:05 AM   #5
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
The 2nd year of new model releases do indeed have alot of the bugs worked out of them. Alot has to do with streamlining alot of the online processes that hinder the build at start up. Sure there are a ton of early builds that are fine....its the ones where problems occur online and things get hectic and rushed. Alot if times in these instances quality takes a back seat to production numbers that day. There is also the suppliers that sometimes have quality issues with the products they are supplying. Some new model launches go smoother than others.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:39 AM   #6
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_GEN_SS View Post
Thanks for the insight. Yeah I'm just a little uneasy because my 2010 was a nightmare. The 1LE has been great- so good we bought two lol

I just really don't want a bunch of headaches again.
I'm not trying to win you over to not have some concerns - just adding my personal experience. I also had a 2010 built in October 2009 and drove it 4.5 years and 33000 miles and never had one warranty repair. Its bad luck of the draw to get a bad one. They are out there. Its just I'm positive there are hundreds of good ones for the few bad ones built. Good luck. I'm certain you will like the 6th gen - its a much better car all around than the 5th gen.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote