Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 08-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Attention all Tampa Gulf Coast Camaro Members

All members please take the time to read this post:

We are at a turning point in our club. I have been approached with an offer of dealer sponsorship from Autoway Chevy of Clearwater. They would like to meet with the club leaders to discus their involvement, which would include financial.

First off I think we need input from all members and a vote of who they would like to represent them as a club. I'm thinking we need 3-5 members that are voted for, to meet with the sponsors.

Secondly Autoway is hosting an open show for charity, put on by Premium Car Shows. The date of the show is September 18, from 9am - 4pm. There will be food and drink and music, with 50% of all proceeds going to charity. I feel if we as a group are serious about being a club with sponsorship, we should put forth 100% effort to show our strength in numbers and make ourselves available for their show.

Please post any and all thoughts, and who you would like to recommend to represent you ( even yourself). Time is not our best friend right now, because we only have a couple weeks to get our selves in order. I hope we can have a final vote via a poll to select our reps.

Thank You,

Jim Gibson
( SlingShot )

The following is the information on the AutoWay show in September:

AutoWay Chevrolet of Clearwater Benefit Car & Truck Show

AutoWay Chevrolet of Clearwater
Benefit Open Car & Truck Show
September 18, 2010
15005 US HWY 19 N., Clearwater, Florida

Price Rollback to the 70′s • Only $10 to Enter AWARDS
121 Total Awards
1st & 2nd in 51 classes + 18 Best of Show & Club Participation

REGISTRATION
Entry Fee: $10 Pre-registered (Get Dash Plaque)
or $10 day of show (No Dash Plaque)
Mail in pre-registration ends one week before show.
Day of show registration time 9 A.M. to noon.
Judging starts at 11 A.M.
Awards presented at about 3 P.M.
Register up to Thursday before the show @ 6 P.M. using MasterCard or Visa
by calling 727-547-8082 or use your credit card online.
You don’t need a a PayPal account to use your credit card.
To enter your vehicle for any of our shows on line visit our
CAR SHOW REGISTRATION PAGE

http://premiumcarshows.com/wppremium...ar-truck-show/

Registration Page:

http://premiumcarshows.com/wppremium/registration-15/
Old 08-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
What are the benfits and draw backs of being sponsored??? It sounds like a good idea to me, however I have never been in a car club this size before and am not really sure if it would affect the club in a negitive way.
1sspat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sspat View Post
What are the benfits and draw backs of being sponsored??? It sounds like a good idea to me, however I have never been in a car club this size before and am not really sure if it would affect the club in a negitive way.
First for me as well, we may not know until we are able to have a meeting with AutoWay ...
Old 08-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #4
G8TR

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS 2008 Saturn Sky
What are the benefits of sponsorship? Some of us have just come on board and have no idea who anyone is at this point, so either we shouldn't be able to vote, or we show up at Shoppes of Wiregrass on the 11th and meet the people who are interested in being the people who want to represent us.

Keeping the dreams alive!
G8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
Maybe a temporary vote on club leaders, until we get our act together, then we can have a full vote for a more permanent position, once we get all the information from autoway etc, and any incidental information. later ryd..
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:15 AM   #6
jhmurphy

Drives: Grey Beast
I think it could be a great opportunity for us if we want to go to the next level with the club. I think we should make a good showing at the car show Premium does a nice job and start talks with Autoway. I would not want to see us rush into anything with out understanding our full commitment to them as one of our sponsers. As for representation for the club I nominate Slingshot as one of the reps.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:31 AM   #7
Camaro X

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Questions:
Does the club need financial support?
Will the club benefit from the sponsorship?
What does a sponsor expect from the club in return for financial support?
Will there be a designated use for the financial support?

For this particular potential sponsor:
Has any club member purchased their car from them?
Were they charging a premium?
If they were charging premiums I would have no desire to be associated with them.

It sounds like it may be time for the club to establish some bylaws and elect officers. It would be a hassle to ask for a vote for representation each time something came up. The official selection and voting should take place in person at a meeting and not by email, forum vote, or phone calls. I think it would be difficult to make this happen prior to the 9/18 show.

For this sponsor, I agree with having a few people selected to represent the club, in order to get the ball rolling.

I also agree that if the club is going to consider this sponsorship that we need to make a strong showing at their show on the 18th.

I vote for Slingshot as a rep for the Autoway Sponsorship.
2012 ZL1 #115 SIM M6
Camaro X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:49 AM   #8
allmotor
movin' down the motorway

Drives: Summiit White 2SS/RS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro X View Post
Questions:

If they were charging premiums I would have no desire to be associated with them.

It sounds like it may be time for the club to establish some bylaws and elect officers. It would be a hassle to ask for a vote for representation each time something came up. The official selection and voting should take place in person at a meeting and not by email, forum vote, or phone calls. I think it would be difficult to make this happen prior to the 9/18 show.

For this sponsor, I agree with having a few people selected to represent the club, in order to get the ball rolling.

I also agree that if the club is going to consider this sponsorship that we need to make a strong showing at their show on the 18th.

I bought my car from them and would buy from them again in a second.. This is the review I wrote up regarding my odering/buying process with them.. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77989
Old 08-26-2010, 07:28 AM   #9
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro X View Post
Questions:

I purchased two cars from them at MSRP, they were the only ones in the area at the time NOT charging the standard 5K over ...

The brief conversation I had with the manager consisted of him mentioning, they pickup the tab on t-shirts, club cards, luncheons, a place to meet, discounts on parts and service, and so forth. Basically it's advertising for them, because on the shirts for example there would be the club name and logo on the front with a sponsored by on the back ... That type of thing. This manager was involved with the Z28 club that use to meet in Tampa and is a car guy.

Last edited by SlingShot; 08-26-2010 at 07:57 AM.
SlingShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #10
Camaro X

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Since both doublefatty & SlingShot had good experiences with Autoway, I would be in favor of moving forward with the sponsorship.
2012 ZL1 #115 SIM M6
Camaro X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #11
camaroluver
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '05 Impala, '10 IOM Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to camaroluver
I think it sounds like a good plan. Doesn't hurt to meet with them to find out all the details.

Unfortunately I won't make it to probably the next 2 meets depending on the days, my daughters Cheerleading takes priority over the car and her games start a week from this Saturday through October.

However, Slingshot I definitely think you need to be one of the board members!
2010 Camaro 2SS IOM/Black Interior/Black Hood & Hockey Stripes #26,805
Ordered 1/30/09 as a surprise for me by the best husband ever! Delivered 8/6/09 to me!!!

camaroluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #12
SlingShot

Bump it to the top !!!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #13
TampaBayCamaro
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I have no problem with Sling, Murph and whoever talking to Autoway and getting all the details, then we can decide. It does not sound like a bad thing to me. Not like they are a Ford dealer...

Anyway, I will be out of town on the 18th but interested to hear what comes out of it.

..........and a Mustang wet itself.....................

...................and someone from Dodge quickly put their hands over the headlights of the Challenger......................
TampaBayCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #14
livefr33ordie
Looking for new home

Drives: Summit White 2SS/RS
I have never been a member of a sponsored car club. I think it would be wonderful. I know I am new, so I don't think my vote should count. If my vote did, I would say yes.
livefr33ordie is offline   Reply With Quote