Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #43
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm having a difficult time deciding, myself...those 'plain' headlights look very nice! Yes, they are radically different from the Halo/HIDs....but I still like them about the same!

And after staring at the concept for years -- it's strange that I like them.
If you think about it, we've been looking at those headlights (the non-halo headlights) for longer than some realize. Look at the headights Bumblebee that Saleen made for the TF movie. The headlights are basically the same. I've always liked the BB headlights, and seeing them come to production makes me .

They first picture is a PS i found somewhere on this site. it's the only straight grill shots of the original BB that I have.
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2008, 07:37 PM   #44
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted07Sierra View Post
Why? Id rather have all the luxuries and just add a mod or two to make up for the added weight.

You wanting to take your car to a track all the time?
Nope, it would be an immediate collector car if they built it. I'd drive it to Church on sunday just to keep the cobwebs at bay.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #45
Lifted07Sierra

Drives: 2007 gmc sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Nope, it would be an immediate collector car if they built it.
Why? Because there would be so few of them?
Lifted07Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #46
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted07Sierra View Post
Why? Because there would be so few of them?
Yup. Google 3rd gen 1LE Camaro. Basically the same thing, handful built for road racing only. Same as the big tank Corvettes and the COPO Camaro's/Chevelles in the 60's,
Old 08-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #47
2sharp

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post

no halos.
HOLY CRAP!!!!! I don't think I've seen that Black Camaro head on like that. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could still do without the GIANT emblem in the front (and maybe some tinted lenses or hideaways)..........

Last edited by 2sharp; 08-10-2008 at 08:50 PM. Reason: addition
2sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #48
Mike C

Drives: 2014 Buick Regal GS AWD
I just noticed a whole new shipment of headlights here at work. The first pic does NOT have Halo’s. The headlights look totally different. If I can I’ll try to get a pic of the difference.
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:10 PM   #49
Mike C

RS Halo's

Non RS headlights

See the difference? I'll still try to get pics.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #50
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Here's a question. Are the HID's in the Camaro going to be just in one mode? They only have one projector so is there a HID for high-beams and one for Low Beams? Or is there something they do to move the beam other than 2 bulbs, or is it a matter of only the high beams get the projector and the low beams are not in the same place?

Do other cars have single lens HID for hi/low beams?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #51
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
I would like to know if the Halo lights have an additional control module/ capacitor assembly that is fairly large and adds weight. I`ve seen some cars w/ HID lights that have this fairly substantial box assembly that attaches to the light. If that the case I`m going w/ the standard lights to save weight. Its already too heavy, no need to add more to it.
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:13 AM   #52
kamisxy

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
The lights have to be where they are because on the outside edges of the headlamps they are hidden by the edge of the opening they are recessed down into. See how the whole lamp and top grille are recessed back in the fascia (on the top grille on all cars and on both grilles on the concept and the V6)? Well that recessed area hides the turn signals when not viewed "head on". If you get at an angle to the car the edges of the recessed area where the turn signals are on the concept is shielded by the edge and cann;t be seen.

It's a reasonable concession on the front end of the car that makes sense. Some of the other changes don't yet have logical explanations.

Good point....but u still have the ones on the side that blink too...so?...maybe they just both have to show at the same time or something?
kamisxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:34 AM   #53
Mike C

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
I would like to know if the Halo lights have an additional control module/ capacitor assembly that is fairly large and adds weight. I`ve seen some cars w/ HID lights that have this fairly substantial box assembly that attaches to the light. If that the case I`m going w/ the standard lights to save weight. Its already too heavy, no need to add more to it.
I'm not sure. But from what I've seen it's all built into the headlight assembly.

I went to get pics this morning and they packed them all up. That group is moving to a different building tomorrow. I knew I should have just used the phone....oh well, sorry guys.

Keep in mind that the turn signal is also part of the headlamp assembly. They looked pretty large, I was quite surprised. I did not pick them up, so I don't know the weight difference.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:50 AM   #54
scorpio

Drives: E46 BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Here's a question. Are the HID's in the Camaro going to be just in one mode? They only have one projector so is there a HID for high-beams and one for Low Beams? Or is there something they do to move the beam other than 2 bulbs, or is it a matter of only the high beams get the projector and the low beams are not in the same place?

Do other cars have single lens HID for hi/low beams?
On my current car, the there's only one xenon projector per headlight. If you select high beams, a mask is mechanically removed. This mask covers the upper part of the projector in low beam mode.

Also, the projectors' pitch attitude is electro-mechanically controlled to compensate dynamically for the effects of the car's suspension. E.g. if you brake the nose gets lower and the projectors turn upwards to compensate.(This is required with HIDs by German law)

Finally - also required by German law for every vehicle with HIDs - there are high pressure washing nozzles in front of the headlight assemblies. The operate every 2nd time you use the windscreen washers while having the headlights on at the same time.

I have no idea if there are exceptions from this rule for individually imported cars, though.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:54 AM   #55
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamisxy View Post
Good point....but u still have the ones on the side that blink too...so?...maybe they just both have to show at the same time or something?
My Sky's side marker lights don't blink with the turn signals. I know from my son taking his Jeep to Iceland that some European countries require the front turn signals be seen from the side.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #56
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
On my current car, the there's only one xenon projector per headlight. If you select high beams, a mask is mechanically removed. This mask covers the upper part of the projector in low beam mode.

Also, the projectors' pitch attitude is electro-mechanically controlled to compensate dynamically for the effects of the car's suspension. E.g. if you brake the nose gets lower and the projectors turn upwards to compensate.(This is required with HIDs by German law)

Finally - also required by German law for every vehicle with HIDs - there are high pressure washing nozzles in front of the headlight assemblies. The operate every 2nd time you use the windscreen washers while having the headlights on at the same time.

I have no idea if there are exceptions from this rule for individually imported cars, though.
I bet we get the electric mask feature and none of the others. Thanks for the info!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote