Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-17-2021, 11:45 AM   #1
Cars and Resin

Drives: Cammed 2010 2LT
Thanks for all the help and my build

I'm new to the forum but have been lurking for a while.
Big Thanks to MagnumForceGB for all the tips and guides about his build.

My Car:
TLDR: Cammed and sounds good

I bought my car in December of 2020 with 136k and the previous owner had installed an elite engineering catch can and Magna Flow mufflers, unsure of which ones.

Currently my car sits at just shy of 150K and I have spent the summer modifying it. First I wanted to start with the basics so I got a Cold Air Inductions Cold air intake. With the cold air intake I wanted to make sure everything tune wise was in shape so I got a AEM wideband O2 sensor with gauge and got a HP Tuners MVI2. I wanted somewhere to put the gauge so I got an A pillar forgot which one and a vacuum gauge to fill in the other spot based on what Magnum was saying about pulling a vacuum at WOT with the cams in his build. At this point I had decided I wanted to build a high revving high hp build so cams was the direction I was heading. before I got the cams I wanted to make sure my exhaust wasn't going to limit me so I got BBK Long Tube Headers that are ceramic coated. That install probably was the hardest out of everything I did, my dipstick tube did not want to come out . For the last thing I did this summer was the cams which was way easier that I expected, I got the tool to hold the phasers from ZZPerfomence even though they don't explicitly say they work I gave it a shot and they did. I am currently in the process of tuning the car and am guessing I'm around 350-370 at the crank and there is definitely more on the table.
If you have any questions about my build feel free to ask.

Here's a video of a cold start the other day: https://youtu.be/cA7cT7R_zt8

On another note if there is someone has a V6 Camaro with the stock manual trans and differential if you could give me a log of a pull from as slow as possible in 2nd gear to the top of 2nd gear on as flat of ground as possible, and have actual dyno numbers I would appreciate it. I'm working on a program that will allow me to turn logs into dyno numbers, not exact but enough to see change from tuning and this would help me see how close my numbers are to reality.

Thanks for all the help and I hope that I can be of help to anyone looking to go down the same path.
Cars and Resin is offline   Reply With Quote