Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 11-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #15
camarosss

Drives: Berger80,02CPE,67SSRS, 12 ZL1 #1342
I wanted to see ZL on these cars and purchase one but def not from SLP. GM should strip that name from them. And whats so bad is GM will prob realize the potential money making from this and start factory producing them like they did with the 4th gen in 1996. SLP started the SS that year with the hood, spoiler and emblem, then Chevrolet picked it up in late 97 through 2002. If SLP wants to do aftermarket things to the 5th gen that's fine but don't use a part of GM history....... hell put SLP575 on the fender and document it under their given name, they put SLP on the 4th gens!

Last edited by camarosss; 11-11-2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling
camarosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #16
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
If your dealership isn't on the 'idiot' list it needs to be... Gouger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchevy1 View Post
We have already sold a $60,000 Camaro, factory stock with all the options,......
Old 11-12-2009, 09:19 AM   #17
SLP Performance

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
this thread should be moved here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69

side note; i wonder why these don't come with SLP headers and xpipe too?

Our cars are only available through Chevrolet Dealers and are 50 state emission legal that carry a full warranty. Headers and Xpipes are not legal and we could not include them in any package. What you do after delivery is up to you.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
SLP Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #18
SLP Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosss View Post
I wanted to see ZL on these cars and purchase one but def not from SLP. GM should strip that name from them. And whats so bad is GM will prob realize the potential money making from this and start factory producing them like they did with the 4th gen in 1996. SLP started the SS that year with the hood, spoiler and emblem, then Chevrolet picked it up in late 97 through 2002. If SLP wants to do aftermarket things to the 5th gen that's fine but don't use a part of GM history....... hell put SLP575 on the fender and document it under their given name, they put SLP on the 4th gens!

ZL is a trademark of SLP and has been for some time.

SLP is and was the tier 1 supplier that produced all 1996 through 2002 Camaro SS's. We do have an aftermarket division that does create many parts for the Camaro.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
Old 11-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #19
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLP Performance View Post

SLP is and was the tier 1 supplier that produced all 1996 through 2002 Camaro SS's. We do have an aftermarket division that does create many parts for the Camaro.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
OK Dave, I think you need to explain what you mean as far as you produced all the Gen 4 SS's so us neophytes can get our heads around it. Did you take the cars off the line and put your parts on them, then put them back into the GM shipping cue, or did you sell them parts to be installed on the line.

I think I have a hard time coming to grips with the 40k SS's were converted at your shop, but I could be wrong, so edify us
Old 11-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #20
SLP Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy View Post
OK Dave, I think you need to explain what you mean as far as you produced all the Gen 4 SS's so us neophytes can get our heads around it. Did you take the cars off the line and put your parts on them, then put them back into the GM shipping cue, or did you sell them parts to be installed on the line.

I think I have a hard time coming to grips with the 40k SS's were converted at your shop, but I could be wrong, so edify us
SLP has produced almost 60K vehicles as a second stage manufacturer/Tier 1 Supplier to GM. We produced all 4th Gen Camaro SS's, 1992-2002 Firehawk, 1996-'97 WS6 and a plethora of other specialty vehicles for GM. As a second stage manufacturer of the SS, any Camaro that had the SS RPO code came off the end of the line at GM's St. Therese facility and was trucked a few miles down the road to our facility in LaSalle. Once on our assembly lines, the vehicles were upfitted with the specific SS content (hoods/spoiler/badging/etc..) and any secondary Y2Y optional content. Once finished at SLP, the vehicles were transported back to GM for final QC and distribution.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
Old 11-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #21
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
Are you saying I can order a full on ZL575 packaged car and it will still retain the GM powertrain warranty and not void it???

Quote:
Our cars are only available through Chevrolet Dealers and are 50 state emission legal that carry a full warranty. Headers and Xpipes are not legal and we could not include them in any package. What you do after delivery is up to you.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
Old 11-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #22
SLP Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
Are you saying I can order a full on ZL575 packaged car and it will still retain the GM powertrain warranty and not void it???
The ZL packages are covered by a 3yr/36K mile warrantee that is done through your selling dealer and is a very similar program to how our past vehicles were dealt with.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
Old 11-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #23
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
Not trying to be a PITA...Just clarifying. Is that the GM Powertrain warranty or your parts warranty?

Quote:
The ZL packages are covered by a 3yr/36K mile warrantee that is done through your selling dealer and is a very similar program to how our past vehicles were dealt with.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP

Last edited by Mr Smith; 11-12-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Mr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #24
SLP Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
Not trying to be a PITA...Just clarifying. Is that the GM Powertrain warranty or your parts warrenty?
Full coverage of what any of our modifications may affect.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
Old 11-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #25
camarosss

Drives: Berger80,02CPE,67SSRS, 12 ZL1 #1342
Quote:

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
OK DAVE,
Tell me why GMMG built the 69 2002 ZL-1 camaros and not SLP, if SLP had the trademark of ZL from GM? And what year did GM give SLP the ZL name? I call BS.
camarosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:47 AM   #26
Inferno2SSRS
Jim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Orange
Send a message via AIM to Inferno2SSRS
Quote:
OK DAVE,
Tell me why GMMG built the 69 2002 ZL-1 camaros and not SLP, if SLP had the trademark of ZL from GM? And what year did GM give SLP the ZL name? I call BS.
I think if you have any complaints about names you should contact GM directly. SLP was approved the name from GM, and have done a great job with this car all around. I agree with all that its pricey, but stop attacking SLP for them just running there business.
Inferno2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #27
SLP Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosss View Post
OK DAVE,
GM did not give anything to SLP, SLP was awarded the ZL trademark by the US Patent and Trademark office.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
Old 11-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #28
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I'm a fan of SLP's 575. Maybe by the time I'm ready to finally buy my 5th gen... My fingers are crossed.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
575hp, camaro, dell rapids, slp, zl575