Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-29-2008, 10:13 AM   #113
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 COPO View Post
Post 106 above is Getting personal again. My opinion about the product is consistant with board rules, but being called names is clearly against board rules and this is not the first time.

Moderators please fix.
In the future make these requests in a PM.

Standing by.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #114
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
The problem with these threads is that new people come in and say people who are upset over the loss of ambient lighting are (insert negative comment like "traitor" or "silly") and proceed to explain why their opinion is the only one that matters. Invariably, the original poster will explain why that opinion is incorrect and does not apply to them. This results in 5 other people complaining that the original poster is "saying the same things over and over again and therefore the topic is useless and should be closed and/or the original poster is wasting their valuable time and/or being a jerk, etc."

Go back and look.... you can see it!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:28 AM   #115
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
The end result is the thread is repetitive. Both sides of any issue should be mature enough not to post the same thing over and over again. Just because you've read the thread for the first time doesn't mean you should repost what's already been said. And by the same token, just because some one new reposts an old argument, doesn't mean the opposition should restate the argument against it if it's already been made.

It is the very repetitiveness that you describe that will cause a thread to get closed. Because at some point the thread only angers and frustrates instead of informing and contirbuting in a constructive manner. It is at this point that we close threads.

I've already broken my word that I wouldn't talk about why threads get closed any more. Any further posts on the justification of repetitive posts or thread closures here will be deleted. If you want to have this conversation start a new thread in the off topic section.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:38 AM   #116
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchimp View Post
ABL is a cool add on feature, but it's certainly not why I was buying the Camaro. I can see it being something you use for the first few weeks then never again. Who wants to drive around with a glowing car all of the time? I can see using it when you are getting in the car at night instead of the overhead light, but really, why would you need this while driving down the freeway? I'm not trying to start something, but I just don't get it.
For me, it actually will make a difference in the driving experience - when I drive too long at night I get "tunnel vision" & have to stop driving. I tried using a light that plugs into the lighter once & it kept me from getting the tunnel vision. As long as I have some kind of light to look at (except the headlights on the road) then I don't get the "tunnel vision" during nighttime driving.
The ABL will give me what I need to occasionally break the monotonous nightime driving vision.
It looks like I'm waiting for the HUD, though - I just found out I'm going overseas from Aug. 09 - Dec. 10. I sure as heck won't take a new Camaro to the Middle East area, so I'll be returning in Dec. 2010 & getting the HUD, ABL, AND Convertible all in one car!!!!!

Great things come to those who wait........
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #117
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
In the future make these requests in a PM.

Standing by.
...and this is the 2nd time you have made this request, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
The problem with these threads is that new people come in and say people who are upset over the loss of ambient lighting are (insert negative comment like "traitor" or "silly") and proceed to explain why their opinion is the only one that matters. Invariably, the original poster will explain why that opinion is incorrect and does not apply to them. This results in 5 other people complaining that the original poster is "saying the same things over and over again and therefore the topic is useless and should be closed and/or the original poster is wasting their valuable time and/or being a jerk, etc."

Go back and look.... you can see it!
again,
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
The end result is the thread is repetitive. Both sides of any issue should be mature enough not to post the same thing over and over again. Just because you've read the thread for the first time doesn't mean you should repost what's already been said. And by the same token, just because some one new reposts an old argument, doesn't mean the opposition should restate the argument against it if it's already been made.

It is the very repetitiveness that you describe that will cause a thread to get closed. Because at some point the thread only angers and frustrates instead of informing and contirbuting in a constructive manner. It is at this point that we close threads.

I've already broken my word that I wouldn't talk about why threads get closed any more. Any further posts on the justification of repetitive posts or thread closures here will be deleted. If you want to have this conversation start a new thread in the off topic section.
Let me echo gtahvit.

This thread is repetative...because of some of the same members replying. Same people, same topic, same conversation. If this does not stop, the deletion of those repetative posts will begin. I'd personally like to keep the thread open for those wishing to actually discuss the issue...not for restating the same position over and over. New discussion fuels the fire that keeps the thread open. Repeating ones self only turns away the attention which is needed to keep that fire going. I highly doubt GM wants to hear a one or two people over and over and over....it's like the child in the car saying, "are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?" Makes you want to take action to keep them quiet....and I'd bet that after reading the same thing over and over again by the same person, anyone from GM reading this would get turned off and start ignoring that person...which would divert their attention from the thread...which is what we DO NOT want happening. I'm sure that there are those who understand how and why Mods do what they do and request what they request....and will respect that wish...and will abide by it.

So, it stops now.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote