Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-25-2011, 12:12 AM   #29
DallasMaroLover

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM SS
Sorry, but i barely was able to check your guys thoughts cause it was a crazy typical monday

Thanks guys for all your help and feedback! Now I really know this is the one! All of you guys rule!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:14 AM   #30
DallasMaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffage View Post

After weeks of research I went with CAI and love it! I also waited the extra time to get the black one and it looks good on my black SS.
Beautiful! I'm in between black or silver.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:20 AM   #31
DallasMaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
You can save a TON of money and get a Volant. That's what i did. I see you are in Plano. I won't have my car for about a month if you want to come put mine on your car to try it out.
I also was looking at this one before I came across the CAI. Thanks for the generous offer to test yours out. Very cool! Maybe I take you up on it
Old 01-25-2011, 07:16 AM   #32
n116ebo
n116

Drives: 2010 2SS YELLOW TRANSFORMER AUTO
I have been running the shiny CAI Inc. for about 7 months now on my 2SS, love the looks, easy install and the WOT is noticeaby an improvement, have 2500. miles and averaging 22.6 miles per gallon.
n116ebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #33
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
The CAI, Inc. was my first mod. I like it.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #34
SOPMOD
El Presidente (SJCC)

Drives: 2011 SS2 / 2011 LT
Is that Volant intake plastic with a plastic intake tube?

What's a ton of money, I see on Volant.com they are $340?
Also just noticed the price depends on what filter option you choose?
Looks to me like the pricing is close when you compare the two systems?

Where is it manufactured, USA or overseas?

What kind of numbers does the Volant give?

I have never touched or know anything about the Volant intake system, that's why I am asking.

I do know the CAI is made here in the USA, that is also a consideration any time I make a purchase.
The CAI box is constructed of aluminum with quarter turn fasteners. The intake tube is also aluminum.
I think you get what you pay for.

I do know I spent a ton of cash on my Camaro and I will only use the best components on my ride.

I would give Apex an opportunity to price the CAI, I think you will find them to be very competitive and the customer service is awesome with super fast shipping. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.....

SOPMOD...OUT

Quote:
You can save a TON of money and get a Volant. That's what i did. I see you are in Plano. I won't have my car for about a month if you want to come put mine on your car to try it out.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because a soldier stands ready to do
violence on their behalf.

Last edited by SOPMOD; 01-25-2011 at 09:45 AM.
SOPMOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #35
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMaroLover View Post
I have a V8, but am having a hard time figuring out what intake to get. I haven't done any mods to my car but would like to see what you guy's think of the CAI intake. Would you prefer this intake over Robo-Fab, Spectre, and all the other popular one?

Thanks in advance to any advice you guys can provide me with
Definitely the C.A.I. intake, definitely. You will not be disappointed. The CAI was my way down on my list of mods. When I finally go to it and installed it, the gains I fealt were hard to believe. I had no idea a CAI would really improve performance as much as it did even after the other mods. I should have done that one first. The C.A.I. product is top notch equipment and has been one of the best overall performers of the mix. Ted Jannetty's independent test results pretty much confirmed that. I opted for the black powder-coated version and I love it!! C.A.I. FTW!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #36
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOPMOD View Post
Is that Volant intake plastic with a plastic intake tube?

What's a ton of money, I see on Volant.com they are $340?
Also just noticed the price depends on what filter option you choose?
Looks to me like the pricing is close when you compare the two systems?

Where is it manufactured, USA or overseas?

What kind of numbers does the Volant give?

I have never touched or know anything about the Volant intake system, that's why I am asking.

I do know the CAI is made here in the USA, that is also a consideration any time I make a purchase.
The CAI box is constructed of aluminum with quarter turn fasteners. The intake tube is also aluminum.
I think you get what you pay for.

I do know I spent a ton of cash on my Camaro and I will only use the best components on my ride.

I would give Apex an opportunity to price the CAI, I think you will find them to be very competitive and the customer service is awesome with super fast shipping. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.....

SOPMOD...OUT
I paid $137 shipped for my Volant with the cheaper filter. I see most other intakes start at about $320 and some go as high as $600 EEK! I'm sorry, but that is just insane. Looks like there is what we used to call the "corvette tax" on the new Camaros. If you tried to sell the $th gen F body crowd a $600 intake they would laugh at you.
If you do a search the numbers are in line for all intakes that have the same basic design.
Plastic is a better heat insulator than any metal. What is the point of getting cool air from outside the engine bay to only be heated up again by a metal tube? This is why all the fast cars have the plastic FAST intake manifolds instead of the heat soaked aluminum ones, Aluminum is shiny and prettier than plastic, but I care about going fast not winning car shows.
I have bought a couple things from Apex and will also buy a lot more from him (gonna buy the FULL BMR bushing kit, trailing arms and toe links next week or so), he is great and i love supporting advertisers on here even if their prices are a little more. But $200 savings on a $340 part is hard to pass up.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #37
SOPMOD
El Presidente (SJCC)

Drives: 2011 SS2 / 2011 LT
Cool!...Thanks for taking the time to reply.

SOPMOD...OUT!

Quote:
I paid $137 shipped for my Volant with the cheaper filter. I see most other intakes start at about $320 and some go as high as $600 EEK! I'm sorry, but that is just insane. Looks like there is what we used to call the "corvette tax" on the new Camaros. If you tried to sell the $th gen F body crowd a $600 intake they would laugh at you.
If you do a search the numbers are in line for all intakes that have the same basic design.
Plastic is a better heat insulator than any metal. What is the point of getting cool air from outside the engine bay to only be heated up again by a metal tube? This is why all the fast cars have the plastic FAST intake manifolds instead of the heat soaked aluminum ones, Aluminum is shiny and prettier than plastic, but I care about going fast not winning car shows.
I have bought a couple things from Apex and will also buy a lot more from him (gonna buy the FULL BMR bushing kit, trailing arms and toe links next week or so), he is great and i love supporting advertisers on here even if their prices are a little more. But $200 savings on a $340 part is hard to pass up.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because a soldier stands ready to do
violence on their behalf.
SOPMOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #38
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Just love mine and makes my car sound mean!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #39
KDInTheWind63

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM, LS3 - 2SS SIM, L99
Send a message via Yahoo to KDInTheWind63
Mine should be here today cant wait to put it on heard alot of good on them.
KDInTheWind63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #40
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
We have Black and Polished CAI in stock, Superfast shipping, Great Customer service.

Use Camaro5 Coupon code and Waive the Handling fee, and get FREE shipping.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 01-27-2011 at 10:08 AM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #41
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
I was deciding between CAI Inc & Roto. Looked at Ted's numbers spoke to Chase and bought the CAI Inc in black tonight. Can't wait to get her on the car.
Thanks for your order, it is on its way. We keep the ceramic coated and black powder coated CAI systems in stock and ready to rock with FREE shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack's Girl View Post
Thank you so much Chase! Ordered my CAI intake Sunday, shipped Monday and got it yesterday and installed! Great service! Love the performance! 1000% satisfied!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
Exact same positive experience for me as well. Chase PM'd me that the CAI Inc, CAI's were arriving for shipment - received my tracking info and less than a week later, "my package" arrived.

Class Act... Thankx for all you guys do. Glad to have you here representing "Camaro-Nation". Lori
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricat View Post
Unbelievable!!
Ordered on 5/28 on the doorstep 5/29!!

Thanks again,
Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
Ordered mine Friday afternoon and got it Tuesday morning......WOW

Now I'm off to install it
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #42
Jcobra

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs M6
Who's got the best price on this. You cam pm me if you dont want to post it here.
Jcobra is offline   Reply With Quote