Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Old 03-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #1
Matt.Kim

Drives: 2011 2lt/rs
FEELER: Ridskinz aggressor bumper

So I was wondering what kind of prices I was looking at to get one of these bumpers. I know I can get them brand new for like 875 + shipping but I want to know how much it is to get them like used I guess from here.
Matt.Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:23 PM   #2
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
I'm selling mine for 1000, but it already is fitted and painted and ready to go - comes with lower lights as well. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...35#post7468935

To buy new, you will spend 875 from Rideskinz - about 300 less than they cost initially when they went on sale, and they are now covering shipping (~250-300) as well. Reason they are so cheap is because, even with the redesign, fitment and install is a pain in the ass. Whether you get it from me or someone else, you are much better off buying used and fitted instead of dropping $600+ yourself.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #3
Matt.Kim

Drives: 2011 2lt/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
I'm selling mine for 1000, but it already is fitted and painted and ready to go - comes with lower lights as well. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...35#post7468935

To buy new, you will spend 875 from Rideskinz - about 300 less than they cost initially when they went on sale, and they are now covering shipping (~250-300) as well. Reason they are so cheap is because, even with the redesign, fitment and install is a pain in the ass. Whether you get it from me or someone else, you are much better off buying used and fitted instead of dropping $600+ yourself.
Thanks for the information, the reason why I'm looking for one here is because I just enrolled in college so money is tight on my part and I think I've seen them for like 300-400 range unfitted and unpainted. Also I know someone in my area who would do the fitment and painting and everything for 250-300 range since he says he's done one before. But thanks for the information I really like how your bumper turned out.
Matt.Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #4
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post

Sorry, just need to jump in here for a sec...lol. Just curious, what part of your bumper did you have fitment issues? All of the upper surfaces of the bumper are just like the stock version (around fenders, hood, side markers, upper grille, etc.) so I'm not sure what you're referring to. I think the reason people/bodyshops are having a hard time with this bumper is because it is so big. And obviously it will take a bit more time, patience and money to get it onto your car. There is definitely a learning curve when installing this bumper. But in the end it really changes the look of the car to something very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.Kim View Post
Thanks for the information, the reason why I'm looking for one here is because I just enrolled in college so money is tight on my part and I think I've seen them for like 300-400 range unfitted and unpainted. Also I know someone in my area who would do the fitment and painting and everything for 250-300 range since he says he's done one before. But thanks for the information I really like how your bumper turned out.
We have a couple discounted polyurethane bumpers in our shop. If you're interested, you can either PM me or email tony@rideskinz.com
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #5
#1stunner

Drives: 2011 syn. green ls
imo...i think these are why over priced,$800 for a front bumper is nuts.if i were to pay that much for a kit id get a wide body...but that is just my opinion.it is a nice bumper though
#1stunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #6
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz View Post
Sorry, just need to jump in here for a sec...lol. Just curious, what part of your bumper did you have fitment issues? All of the upper surfaces of the bumper are just like the stock version (around fenders, hood, side markers, upper grille, etc.) so I'm not sure what you're referring to. I think the reason people/bodyshops are having a hard time with this bumper is because it is so big. And obviously it will take a bit more time, patience and money to get it onto your car. There is definitely a learning curve when installing this bumper. But in the end it really changes the look of the car to something very cool.
Hey tony - no questioning that it looks cool, I have no complaints about the appearance. The most challenging fitment point is on the sides where the side markers and fender meet. Getting the hoodline to match with even spacing was a challenge as well, but one we got squared away. No complaints as when you go aftermarket there is bound to be some fitment problems and I knew that going in, it just was a little more than I had hoped after going through round 1.

The reason I plan to get rid of mine though is the height/clearance issue, not because of the fitment - I was eventually able to get that squared away, it was just costly/time consuming.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:33 AM   #7
Goran
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1stunner View Post
imo...i think these are why over priced,$800 for a front bumper is nuts.if i were to pay that much for a kit id get a wide body...but that is just my opinion.it is a nice bumper though
I think you need to do some shopping around brother... stock bumper kit with T2 or T3 cutout\ports only goes for like $1000 +... (this kit does not include splitter.. mash.. DRLs...etc.. You pay extra for all of that... Plus shipping This option can easely go $1500 plus:
http://www.gen5diy.com/ACS_Composite...umper-assembly

Heck.. just the ports ducts (no bumper) go from $380 T3 shipped or $450 T2 shipped:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACS-CAMARO-L...97df98&vxp=mtr
Great product don't get me wrong but you have to pay the price, to get good stuff

And so to your comment paying $870 for whole Polyurethane Aggressor V2 bumper fascia plus mesh and DRL plus shipping included is expensive?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rideskinz-Ag...61311e&vxp=mtr

I'm just saying, there is lots of options out there and you get what you pay for..
Goran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #8
#1stunner

Drives: 2011 syn. green ls
i hear ya,it looks pretty badass, not saying it doesnt, its just a little to much for my budget.before the wife and kid came along ,i had $32gs invested in one of my older cars. now.... im broke.lol
#1stunner is offline   Reply With Quote