Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
help what are some jobs that pay well

thinking about what to go to college for and i was wondering what some top paying jobs are right now that you guys might have and if you like your job or not.

right now i have an ls 2010 camaro and i love it but in the future would like to get a zl1 and want to know what kind of job i would need to afford that?

obviously id rather get a job i like that pays less but want to know what jobs you guys have that pay well?

if you do not want to share that is understandable.

thank you
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

bump
Old 04-10-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Its not neccessarily about the top paying job, its about doing something you like and that your good at. You sound kind of young so take it from me don't waste time trying to fit into the same dream as everyone else and find your own niche. Remember a degree doesn't instantly mean you got a career, even after graduating you'll have to earn your keep by gathering real world experience. I got lucky and found mine when I was 18 and I've very successful in my adult life.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

thanks i understand that but if i dont make a decent amount of money i dont feel like i will be happy

just want to get some ideas of what people do so can see if i like those jobs and maybe see if that would be cool
Old 04-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #5
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
if your not self motivated to at least google top paying jobs in America... you probably won't get one
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #6
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
thanks i understand that but if i dont make a decent amount of money i dont feel like i will be happy
Noooooooo. Wrong way to look at employment.

My dad made $27/hour working for GM, plus benefits. While he's very thankful for all GM's done for him and our family, there's a very good reason he ended up with heart problems towards the end of his career there and took a retirement buyout as soon as he could.

What Fearer2010SS said is 100% correct. Find something you WANT to do, not just something that will pay well. Obviously income is important too, but trust me, you'll be miserable if you're making a ton of money but hate waking up in the morning.

I work in the transportation department here at Ohio State, and it's supposedly one of the higher paying jobs in the university. Fairly easy job as well, wash/service buses at night, learn how to drive them on weekends. That said, scrubbing buses, getting covered in diesel fuel, and inhaling exhaust fumes all night gets REALLY old after a while.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #7
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

yeah but i dont want a top paying jobs because i wont like those jobs!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:53 PM   #8
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
The toughest part after you get your degree is that you have no experience. Most companies want people with experience.

Top paying jobs are those with higher education levels. Example: Doctor, attorney, any medical profession. In my opinion, the best paying jobs, is working in sales, where you get a commission on the work you do.

I am in sales, I work for Yellowbook selling advertising. Its a certain breed of people who can do sales. If your good at it, you will make good money. I have been doing this for 5 years now and I like the freedom I have and the money I make is pretty good. You have to find what you want to do in life, and if you like it, then its not work.

All the money in the world don't mean squat if you hate your job everyday.

If you have a hobby you like turn it into a job, like a photographer, a mechanic. Making money is just part of life, but enjoying it is what really matters.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #9
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
if your not self motivated to at least google top paying jobs in America... you probably won't get one
I'm with this guy.

My job pays well, but it (pimpin) definitely ain't easy.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #10
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

but finding a job with the best of both worlds would be awsome

am i right?
Old 04-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #11
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
but finding a job with the best of both worlds would be awsome

am i right?
Ideally, yes. If you can find a job you love while still making decent money, then you're pretty much set unless something drastic happens. That said, you should never sacrifice your happiness for more money. If you have to compromise a little pay to get a better job that interests you, then you'll feel better about going to work every day.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #12
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

if ur gonna say you have a tough job that is not correct because you are comparing it to regualar jobs compare it to some other tough jobs and its not very tough.

i dont know ur job also and i am not saying your job is hard but what one person thinks is easy might be hard for another
Old 04-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #13
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

i think ill become a crack dealer best of both worlds!

just kidding but it is an option!

just kidding about that too!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #14
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
if ur gonna say you have a tough job that is not correct because you are comparing it to regualar jobs compare it to some other tough jobs and its not very tough.

i dont know ur job also and i am not saying your job is hard but what one person thinks is easy might be hard for another
Proofreader pays pretty well.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote