Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #1443
jmelchio
SSmokinJoe

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS/RS M6
Agreed.

Well said. Nothing more to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Exactly.

The Hoopers are good people - and we sometimes need to remember that to many of us, our beloved Camaros are more than a collection of sheet-metal, glass, rubber, etc......they become members of the family - and when something happens to our "pride and joy" - we talk about it.

What bothers me more than anything are the horrible things thrown about over 50-some pages - - and that people who have no training on the Laws of the State of Delaware decide to opine with no legal understanding whatsoever -- or the understanding of long-term implications. And when an honored member of this site such as PQ says "Let's slow down here - we don't know all of the facts " - he's slammed.

The reality is that NO ONE on this thread except for the Hoopers were in any of the meetings. NONE OF US know the whole story. There are insurance companies involved and there are laws that must be followed.

"The Name Camaro means friend, pal or comrade......."

I continually remind people of that quote from Pete Estes made in June of 1966....those are good words to live by. We need to calm down sometimes and take a deep breath......

We need to get along rather than bash each other - or make proclamations without an understanding of the Law -- There are many things that SEEM to be 'common sense' -- but a quick study of Law will tell you that Common Sense often is thrown thru the window........so to speak.....by the very laws that are passed to supposedly protect us. (..it's called the 'Law of Unintended Consequences'....)

I'm pleased that the Hoopers will hopefully be behind the wheel of another ZL1 in the next week or so...they're good people - and all of the conversations I had with them before and during this unfortunate happening they've been very polite and very understanding of 'the law of unintended consequences"....and

I look forward to seeing them at Camaro events this summer.......and I thank them for their passion for all things Camaro.

That said - let's all calm down - and let's stop slamming each other - and let's stop painting every Chevy dealer with the same brush. Becky and Joe and Tom and Matt and Greg and Rollie and many many many others do not deserve to have this happen to them.

We have one thing in common - the love for an amazing thrill-ride.
SLP Loudmouth II Axleback
Hurst Shifter
R1Concepts Slotted Rotors
Hawk Ceramic Brakepads

I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:40 PM   #1444
436SS

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500guy View Post
Actually there are a few folks on here who have enough common sense to see things beyond one persons claims. A day ago I said I wasn't going to get into a pissing contest with anyone on here and I won't, at least not yet but unlike you and the majority of people on here, I know both the facts and the truth.
Well since you are arent going to disclose either (facts and truth) why do you keep wasting your time trying to gain allies? just let it go! DUH!!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #1445
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Actually there are a few folks on here who have enough common sense to see things beyond one persons claims. A day ago I said I wasn't going to get into a pissing contest with anyone on here and I won't, at least not yet but unlike you and the majority of people on here, I know both the facts and the truth.
When are the facts different from the truth?
why won't you share?
Pretty fun to say "I know more than you, but I won't tell you what it is. AND until you learn it . . . but it won't be from me because I like the feeling of having more information"

I'm pretty sure what I stated in my post is fairly accurate. I don't think ANYONE is refuting what I stated.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...63#post7336563

T/F: Car goes in for paint issue.
T/F: NO DRIVING REQUIRED.
T/F: Car is in for 7+ weeks.
T/F: Car was taken for unauthorized joyride (probably one of many) and totaled.
T/F: Dealer says 'make a claim with your insurance' . . .

Last edited by I call it Vera; 01-14-2014 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 01-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #1446
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by I call it Vera View Post
When are the facts different from the truth?
why won't you share?
Pretty fun to say "I know more than you, but I won't tell you what it is. AND until you learn it . . . but it won't be from me because I like the feeling of having more information"

I'm pretty sure what I stated in my post is fairly accurate. I don't think ANYONE is refuting what I stated.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...63#post7336563
that is all I am saying
Old 01-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #1447
I call it Vera

Quote:
T/F: Car goes in for paint issue.
T/F: NO DRIVING REQUIRED.
T/F: Car is in for 7+ weeks.
T/F: Car was taken for unauthorized joyride (probably one of many) and totaled.
T/F: Dealer says 'make a claim with your insurance' . . .
So, which one was false? Please enlighten my ignorance.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #1448
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: 2013 Volt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcarltonjr View Post
that is all I am saying
Actually, it's not that. We're waiting for the epiphany.
I had it, and I'm angry as hell at myself for being gullible, and allowing myself to be manipulated.

For all I know, the person(s) who threw pig shit on their new corvettes on the lot, maybe did so because they read one of my tweets?

Or, one of the goons who called in and cussed out women working in the back office? Maybe they did so because they read one of my postings?

You STILL don't wonder why he wouldn't just say First State is giving him a new 2013, zero cost to him, instead of wording it the way he did, making it SOUND like he was paying $5-6K?

Damn.

Maybe a little more time is needed for it to sink in...

I'll wait over here...

PQ? You're spot on, brother...

Old 01-14-2014, 03:11 PM   #1449
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
I had it, and I'm angry as hell at myself for being gullible, and allowing myself to be manipulated.

For all I know, the person(s) who threw pig shit on their new corvettes on the lot, maybe did so because they read one of my tweets?

Or, one of the goons who called in and cussed out women working in the back office? Maybe they did so because they read one of my postings?

You STILL don't wonder why he wouldn't just say First State is giving him a new 2013, zero cost to him, instead of wording it the way he did, making it SOUND like he was paying $5-6K?

Damn.

I'll wait over here...

For your information I never said that was ok. That was by all means wrong on many levels people attacking the dealership like that. But for you to question Mr Hooper and continue on is uncalled for as well. The Hoopers would never of wanted the dealership to be attacked in that manner. Continuing attacking them and defending the dealership still makes you trolls
Old 01-14-2014, 03:13 PM   #1450
Mr pogo

Drives: 96 Imp SS, 13 Camaro 2SS AGM
Quote:

Damn.

I'll wait over here...

then you and gt500 please stop with the innuendos and doublespeak and lay it out for us how it went down.
I really would like to know what the true facts are.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #1451
I call it Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
then you and gt500 please stop with the innuendos and doublespeak and lay it out for us how it went down.
yeah, come on, tell us the facts.

Still haven't had my T/F statements refuted.
Be interesting to see if those aren't factual.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #1452
436SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 01-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #1453
cdjnight

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Quote:
Actually there are a few folks on here who have enough common sense to see things beyond one persons claims. A day ago I said I wasn't going to get into a pissing contest with anyone on here and I won't, at least not yet but unlike you and the majority of people on here,I know both the facts and the truth.
Spit them out! What are you scared of?
Old 01-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #1454
436SS

Quote:
yeah, come on, tell us the facts.

Still haven't had my T/F statements refuted.
Be interesting to see if those aren't factual.

Its all false Vera, its all false, LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck getting an answer!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #1455
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: 2013 Volt
Quote:
So, which one was false? Please enlighten my ignorance.
T
T
T
T

Noone denies the first 4.
5 is the standard answer, because that is usually how insurance works.
Call your OWN insurance provider, and run the scenario by them.

I called my State Farm agent, and they said this is called "subrogation." Hope I spelled it right...

They, as insurance for the car, would pay the claim, and then go after the dealer's insurance (subrogation) to cover the loss.

She mentioned another scenario she recently had...

Valet parker takes car for a joyride vs parking it, and damaged it. She (SF) paid the claim, and they went after the Hotel for recovery of damages.

She mentioned specifically, "Custody, Care, and Control" in regards to both scenarios, first being dealer responsibility, second being the hotel responsibility, in those two cases.

A little clearer?

She said it also MAY depend upon the particular insurance. She said SF does it as a matter of course, as it would speed things up, vs the lossee having to sue the at-fault party's insurance, and dragging it out if they weren't paying the loss in a timely manner.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:25 PM   #1456
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Damn. Screwed two ways to Sunday. See:
1) I can't get the ZL1 if I get her a diamond necklace
2) No way in HELL I can say that with a straight face

Hoop, hope you enjoy your new ride, have many trouble-free and care-free miles, and we already magically know your first three mods
Two words: Cubic Zirconia

Straight face, mmmmm, you might have me on that one. Maybe tell her while watching the latest comedy movie on video, so you're laughing at the tv?

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1