Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-22-2017, 07:04 PM   #1
cubamvp

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Flowmaster 8425154 or magnaflow 11386

Which of the two do you guys recommend? I have a muffler delete and want to go with one of the two.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cubamvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:21 PM   #2
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
First, not sure if you have a V8 or not, nor sure if that really makes a difference. I love Flowmaster... good set of catbacks on my ride that do not drone. Some they do drone however, so it seems to be a gamble here. I don't think Magnaflow drones as much for people as Flowmaster.

Now the Flowmaster muffler you're calling out:

... has got two inlets and two outlets. Unless you're planning on installing a centered set of exhaust tips (similar to the C7 vettes), or planning on bending the pipes inward then outward again...I'm not so sure that is compatible with either a V6 or a V8 Camaro. Same with the Magnaflows...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:22 PM   #3
Gonzo SS

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS LS3/M6
I had a resonator delete with Flowmaster Super 10's and loved it. Mild at idol and a nice loud deep tone when getting on it.

I recently added LT headers with high flow cats and I love it even more. A lot louder, but sounds good. A little raspier, but not too bad.

Gonzo SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #4
cubamvp

Mine is a v6 and I had the 11386 but the muffler guy told me that the flowmaster will give me a better deep sound plus I don't know which of the two will give me the less drone inside as well.
Thanks

Old 08-22-2017, 07:33 PM   #5
Spec
Account Suspended

Not sure if those are the right part numbers... never seen a muffler on a Camaro with dual inlets/outlets... you want something like the Flowmaster 817483's, imo. These are 2.5" inlet though... not sure if you have 3" catback pipes.

eta; Amazon's got 4 out of 5 stars for this 817483...

https://www.amazon.com/Flowmaster-81.../dp/B0035J83EI
Old 08-22-2017, 07:51 PM   #6
Spec
Account Suspended

My mistake, I guess the set up really is different on the V6...

Still, consider the set on Amazon... looks like a great choice.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:08 PM   #7
TXSheepdog261

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
If you don't want to hear a drone, I would go with the Magnaflow. I have had both mufflers in the past and the Flowmaster was terrible at cruising speeds. I feel the Magnaflow gives you more of a deeper muscle car sound.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:15 PM   #8
cubamvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
My mistake, I guess the set up really is different on the V6...

Still, consider the set on Amazon... looks like a great choice.

That's my set up

Old 08-22-2017, 08:17 PM   #9
cubamvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSheepdog261 View Post
If you don't want to hear a drone, I would go with the Magnaflow. I have had both mufflers in the past and the Flowmaster was terrible at cruising speeds. I feel the Magnaflow gives you more of a deeper muscle car sound.

Glad you had both so you know the sound. I really like the magnaflow 11386 sound but I was open to hear the flowmaster 8425154 sound as well and compare . I don't want a lot of drone plus I read somewhere here about j pipes?

Old 08-22-2017, 08:20 PM   #10
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSheepdog261 View Post
That's funny, I was just going to say that both are good choices, but I went with the Flowmasters because, IMO, they have the deep muscle car sound I was after.

OP: As you can see, it all comes down to personal taste. As I've said before on this issue, I would look up my local Camaro club and listen to both, as well as others, to get a good idea of what they would sound like on your vehicle. Keep in mind how they sound on one car may differ from what they will sound like on your vehicle depending on what's been done to the other car versus what you have/have not done to yours.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:28 PM   #11
cubamvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
That's funny, I was just going to say that both are good choices, but I went with the Flowmasters because, IMO, they have the deep muscle car sound I was after.

OP: As you can see, it all comes down to personal taste. As I've said before on this issue, I would look up my local Camaro club and listen to both, as well as others, to get a good idea of what they would sound like on your vehicle. Keep in mind how they sound on one car may differ from what they will sound like on your vehicle depending on what's been done to the other car versus what you have/have not done to yours.

The muffler shop owner said that he would put both on so I can hear the sound of both and see which one I like more.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:30 PM   #12
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubamvp View Post
The muffler shop owner said that he would put both on so I can hear the sound of both and see which one I like more.

Sounds like a great shop & this way you won't have any regrets or second thoughts
Old 08-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #13
cubamvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Sounds like a great shop & this way you won't have any regrets or second thoughts

Yeah that's what he told me but do these open up like after 200 miles or so on them? Will I be able to hear the real sound just right there on the spot ? Thanks by the way for all your advices fellas

Old 08-22-2017, 09:02 PM   #14
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubamvp View Post
Yeah that's what he told me but do these open up like after 200 miles or so on them? Will I be able to hear the real sound just right there on the spot ? Thanks by the way for all your advices fellas

Most mufflers tone will change a little bit as time goes on. But it should be really close.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote