Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #29
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY-RAY View Post
Hi, for Non-RS applications, since we dont have an existing halo wire, what would we hook up to? i tried the parking lights and the white halos always stay on, even when the car is off. any ideas?
The parking light wire should have worked. As the halo wire in RS camaros is essentially our parking light wire. Not to be rude but are you sure you had the right wire, and if so if you manually turn your lights off do the halos stay on?
Old 02-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #30
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Drives: 1SS IBM w/ SIM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
The parking light wire should have worked. As the halo wire in RS camaros is essentially our parking light wire. Not to be rude but are you sure you had the right wire, and if so if you manually turn your lights off do the halos stay on?

there are 3 wires for each parking light, (black, purple, and light blue w/ a white stripe) i tried the purple and the lt blue wires and they just stay on. im just assuming the black is a ground so i didnt try that. yes, i had my parking lights on and off trying to see if it worked. the halos stayed on. im thinking maybe i should try the ground wire on the parking lights b/c the wires for the white and blue lights ARE ground wires. what do you think bud?
Old 02-14-2011, 07:59 AM   #31
The Stig

Quote:
there are 3 wires for each parking light, (black, purple, and light blue w/ a white stripe) i tried the purple and the lt blue wires and they just stay on. im just assuming the black is a ground so i didnt try that. yes, i had my parking lights on and off trying to see if it worked. the halos stayed on. im thinking maybe i should try the ground wire on the parking lights b/c the wires for the white and blue lights ARE ground wires. what do you think bud?
Did you try tapping them into the side markers?
Old 02-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #32
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

no, not yet. although i was just thinkin of that.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #33
The Stig

Quote:
no, not yet. although i was just thinkin of that.
Thats the easiest way to hook up to the parking lights if you're having trouble with it.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #34
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

then that's what i'll have to do. thanks bud.i'll let you know fi it works or not.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #35
The Stig

Quote:
then that's what i'll have to do. thanks bud.i'll let you know fi it works or not.
OK. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #36
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

The side markers worked! But I did notice that I got the wrong relay. I got a 5 pole relay w/ 2 87 posts instead of 1 87 & 1 87a. That's why they aren't switching from 1 color to the other.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #37
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Also, I noticed that only 1 white led in my p/s halo is out!!! Is there any way it can be fixed or am I screwed?
Old 02-16-2011, 07:50 PM   #38
The Stig

Quote:
Also, I noticed that only 1 white led in my p/s halo is out!!! Is there any way it can be fixed or am I screwed?
AAC will replace it no questions asked. However the problem is that you need to take the headlight apart again.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #39
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
AAC will replace it no questions asked. However the problem is that you need to take the headlight apart again.
yeah, that won't be a problem. it willl go faster b/c i already know what to do. AAC also sent me the warranty request sheet. thanks again for your input in my project! i got the right relay and everything works awesome now!!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:47 AM   #40
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
The side markers worked! But I did notice that I got the wrong relay. I got a 5 pole relay w/ 2 87 posts instead of 1 87 & 1 87a. That's why they aren't switching from 1 color to the other.
I think that I had the same issue. Both my white and blues would come on at the same time and flipping the switch did nothing to them.

If I unplugged one of the 87's (either the blue lead or the white) it would light up in a single color.

Finally my POS Relay stopped working (at least I can't hear it clicking open and closed when I apply 12v to it) so I'm haloless till I revisit it again.

I appreciate the input from those having success with it. Keep up the good DIYs guys.

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #41
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
I think that I had the same issue. Both my white and blues would come on at the same time and flipping the switch did nothing to them.

If I unplugged one of the 87's (either the blue lead or the white) it would light up in a single color.

Finally my POS Relay stopped working (at least I can't hear it clicking open and closed when I apply 12v to it) so I'm haloless till I revisit it again.

I appreciate the input from those having success with it. Keep up the good DIYs guys.

Ivan
yeah man, my situation having the wrong relay kinda f'ed me up. you gotta make sure the relay has "87a" and "87". if you jsut have two 87s, the poles will work together (obvious) versus the 87a and 87 where only one or the other works when you flip the switch. if you need any other assistance, i will be glad to help!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #42
The Stig

Quote:
yeah man, my situation having the wrong relay kinda f'ed me up. you gotta make sure the relay has "87a" and "87". if you jsut have two 87s, the poles will work together (obvious) versus the 87a and 87 where only one or the other works when you flip the switch. if you need any other assistance, i will be glad to help!
I have a bunch of the 87 and 87a relayes lying around if you like one.