Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-20-2017, 07:31 AM   #43
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Lol ..... ya you dont need an updated tune with a catback. Do you have a trans tune ?
Yeah Ted put that in with the original tune for the CAI. Man that made a WORLD of a difference. Changes gears so quick, especially in Sport. Gives you a nice jerk.

I need to ask him about changing the shift / cruising points. Would love for it to let me cruise in 4th longer.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:12 AM   #44
Sandman1969

Such a wonderful sight!

"Out For Delivery"

Dunno if I can wait until Saturday. Maybe if it arrives soon enough I can do the install this evening. Can't tomorrow... Stupid family plans...

Old 12-21-2017, 02:46 PM   #45
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman1969 View Post
Such a wonderful sight!

"Out For Delivery"

Dunno if I can wait until Saturday. Maybe if it arrives soon enough I can do the install this evening. Can't tomorrow... Stupid family plans...
When it arrives you will fit it into your schedule somehow lol. Ill just see if your first post after the install is 3 or 4 am.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:23 PM   #46
Sandman1969

O M G!

The Youtube videos do NOT do this exhaust justice!

UPS got here about 7pm, took the parts out of the box and put them in the trunk and took it over to my folk's house. Unfortunately, my next project is clearing out the garage. Plus wanted to put them in with my dad. Brought back memories when we worked on my first car, a 75 Camaro RS w/350.

The pipes didn't seem to be packaged very good and the box seemed to be bigger than it needed to be. Once we started putting things together, a few of the ends were slightly bent. So it made it a serious pain in the butt putting some of them together. Had to put couple on the vice and bang them a bit as well. Serious PITA.

However, once I started it up it was WAY WORTH IT!.

Took a few videos of it and will put something together. Took some with no exhaust as well. Race car WoW; however, the Corsa almost sounded better. Such a sweet growl.

So happy with the choice and dunno if it's my head but it felt like it had a decent bump in power. I know Corsa claims 5-10%, not sure about that, but definitely seemed to have some more.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:17 AM   #47
2010reddevil

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
That would be the good old butt dyno and ears lying to you. It's the sound making you think it's faster, but is in all actuality, the same. The only gains you will get are by getting rid of the stock cats all together or high flows. Long tubes will help too.

2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black (old ride)
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:20 AM   #48
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman1969 View Post
O M G!

The Youtube videos do NOT do this exhaust justice!

UPS got here about 7pm, took the parts out of the box and put them in the trunk and took it over to my folk's house. Unfortunately, my next project is clearing out the garage. Plus wanted to put them in with my dad. Brought back memories when we worked on my first car, a 75 Camaro RS w/350.

The pipes didn't seem to be packaged very good and the box seemed to be bigger than it needed to be. Once we started putting things together, a few of the ends were slightly bent. So it made it a serious pain in the butt putting some of them together. Had to put couple on the vice and bang them a bit as well. Serious PITA.

However, once I started it up it was WAY WORTH IT!.

Took a few videos of it and will put something together. Took some with no exhaust as well. Race car WoW; however, the Corsa almost sounded better. Such a sweet growl.

So happy with the choice and dunno if it's my head but it felt like it had a decent bump in power. I know Corsa claims 5-10%, not sure about that, but definitely seemed to have some more.
See post #45 I was off by a few hours but oh well lol. I knew yiou would like the Corsa Xtreme. The fact its 3 inch gives it more growl imo. Plus you will notice once you get on it that all the noise is behind you. No drone and cabin noise is very low. Congrats and post those vids.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:39 PM   #49
Sandman1969

Quote:
See post #45 I was off by a few hours but oh well lol. I knew yiou would like the Corsa Xtreme. The fact its 3 inch gives it more growl imo. Plus you will notice once you get on it that all the noise is behind you. No drone and cabin noise is very low. Congrats and post those vids.
Yeah you were pretty darn close. I am not known for my patience!

I was up to about 3 putting the video together!

Old 12-25-2017, 10:11 PM   #50
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Thats pretty funny.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:14 AM   #51
1LEwonton

Drives: 15 Blue Velvet Metallic 2SS/1LE
Some good info and videos on her all. I have the NPP exhaust on my 1LE that’s also aggressively cammed with Kooks long tubes and a cold air intake. I always loved the NPP, but am now toying with switching to Corsa 3” extreme. Thoughts on if it’d be worth it? I guess I could always sell the NPP afterwards, they have about 6000 miles on them
Old 01-15-2018, 01:27 PM   #52
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEwonton View Post
Some good info and videos on her all. I have the NPP exhaust on my 1LE that’s also aggressively cammed with Kooks long tubes and a cold air intake. I always loved the NPP, but am now toying with switching to Corsa 3” extreme. Thoughts on if it’d be worth it? I guess I could always sell the NPP afterwards, they have about 6000 miles on them
Gunmetal Speedster has a vid with your exact mods just includes the Corsa Xtreme.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:47 PM   #53
1LEwonton

Drives: 15 Blue Velvet Metallic 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Gunmetal Speedster has a vid with your exact mods just includes the Corsa Xtreme.
Yup I saw his video on YouTube, sounds awesome! I’ve been talking to Jim about it on Instagram. Good looking out, appreciate it.