Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-30-2019, 09:43 PM   #29
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I AM serious. And don't call me "Shirley".

Can't believe nobody caught that...

I don't know, maybe they had the fish?
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:19 PM   #30
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
Naw. He just picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:42 AM   #31
Cam1977
The Crush

Drives: 2019 1SS/1LE Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
This made my day🤣🤣🤣
Cam1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:43 AM   #32
Cam1977
The Crush

Drives: 2019 1SS/1LE Crush
I hope they sell well enough to keep them going till the next gen, regardless of looks.
Cam1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 03:18 AM   #33
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Sorry but this won't happen. I think GM will be lucky if sales raise at all. In the end, Camaro is focussed on being a great sportscar, while a good part of american customers prefer the dailydriver ambitions of a Challenger or Mustang where the rearseats are actually usable for humans. A lower V8 model will not increase visibility or the trunk opening. It will surely attract more people than the 19 model, but chevy didn't really add any reason to get a 2020 instead of a used pre-refresh since beside some non-important gimmicks like bigger touchscreen and camera mirror it's pretty much the identical car.

Also, most people who were looking into a good equppied 2SS, 1LE and ZL1 will now surely concider the C8 since the entrylevel equipment is pretty awesome and the performance is unbeatable for the price - But the C8 will also steal a lot of GT350 and Hellcat customers. With the C8 reveal is pretty obvious why Chevy cancelled the 6th Gen Z/28 and why they are not decided on what to do with the Camaro in the future.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:37 AM   #34
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic6SS View Post
1. Because they look way better than the botched 2019 design.

2. The LT with the V8 option.

3. The new mid engine Corvette

I almost feel as if GM intentionally made the 2019 models ugly in order to make the refresh look so much better and noticeable. The smoother, less boxy lines of the front end will be a reel in order to steal GT and Dodge buyers.

From a pricing standpoint the V8 option for the LT is a strong move. When u look at the market moving toward turbocharged and supercharged cheaper fuel efficient more powerful smaller engines, you gotta compete somehow, and not just by offering the exact same thing. When I had my used car dealership the V8’s were always last to go. The fuel prices were up and there were very few car enthusiasts in the market at the time. Also don’t forget about the growing hybrid and e-vehicles.

Finally a mid engine Corvette. Great news for Camaro. I love the new Corvette and that 60k price point sounds good. It’s just not my style. I am way more interested in the throwback muscle car pony car design. I also prefer a manual gearbox. However, I can see GM stealing customers from the more expensive mid engine car manufacturers and gaining new millennial buyers. This car is not for the old guys. The new king of the hill has effectively put the Camaro in a league of its own within GM. It’s like when my older brother went off to the military, I started getting way more attention.

Hopefully these increased sales numbers will bring us the Z28 overhead cam experiment and the LT5 ZL1. If Chevy plays it’s cards right with marketing and is able to pull buyers looking for a more tamed look that the LT provides, and those looking for a cheaper mid engine car, then sales will be healthy for both the Camaro and Corvette thus pushing both platforms to the next level.

Agree, agree, agree, just refer to the LT1 model V8 car rather than just LT which is a trim level for a lot of GM sedan cars
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:57 PM   #35
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
Stick with selling used cars... Hopefully you didn't screw too many people over.
+1

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:00 PM   #36
Zack46

Quote:

I almost feel as if GM intentionally made the 2019 models ugly in order to make the refresh look so much better and noticeable. The smoother, less boxy lines of the front end will be a reel in order to steal GT and Dodge buyers.

From a pricing standpoint the V8 option for the LT is a strong move. When u look at the market moving toward turbocharged and supercharged cheaper fuel efficient more powerful smaller engines, you gotta compete somehow, and not just by offering the exact same thing. When I had my used car dealership the V8’s were always last to go. The fuel prices were up and there were very few car enthusiasts in the market at the time. Also don’t forget about the growing hybrid and e-vehicles.

Finally a mid engine Corvette. Great news for Camaro. I love the new Corvette and that 60k price point sounds good. It’s just not my style. I am way more interested in the throwback muscle car pony car design. I also prefer a manual gearbox. However, I can see GM stealing customers from the more expensive mid engine car manufacturers and gaining new millennial buyers. This car is not for the old guys. The new king of the hill has effectively put the Camaro in a league of its own within GM. It’s like when my older brother went off to the military, I started getting way more attention.

Hopefully these increased sales numbers will bring us the Z28 overhead cam experiment and the LT5 ZL1. If Chevy plays it’s cards right with marketing and is able to pull buyers looking for a more tamed look that the LT provides, and those looking for a cheaper mid engine car, then sales will be healthy for both the Camaro and Corvette thus pushing both platforms to the next level.
Your opinion..BUT one of the dumbest threads i've seen in a long time!

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 07-31-2019, 08:37 PM   #37
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
I laugh when anyone says the 2020 looks “so much better”. Literally all they did was move the bowtie 6 inches up.
Quote:

1. Your opinion.
2. Will do more for sales than the SS “refresh”, that’s for sure.
3. If anything, this is going to push more Camaro buyers to Corvette. The C8 is a performance bargain and the design was overwhelmingly accepted while the ‘19 Camaro was not.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:18 PM   #38
ssmofo

Drives: Chevy Camaro
You guys are a bunch of *****'s, this looks bad, that looks bad blah, blah ,blah. I just bought a 19 and I think it looks ****ing badass, I bought it cause it's got a 6.2 liters of fun. If you want a fancy car I suggest you go buy a Mercedes .....shut your pie hole and drive.
ssmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:49 PM   #39
Zack46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmofo View Post
You guys are a bunch of *****'s, this looks bad, that looks bad blah, blah ,blah. I just bought a 19 and I think it looks ****ing badass, I bought it cause it's got a 6.2 liters of fun. If you want a fancy car I suggest you go buy a Mercedes .....shut your pie hole and drive.

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 08-01-2019, 12:55 AM   #40
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Naw. He just picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
Or maybe he has a drinking problem ?

Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 05:41 AM   #41
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
Quote:
You must own one of the ugly 2019 models. . .
Please describe how the 2019 is ugly, but without quoting magazine articles. In your own words please.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:37 AM   #42
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmofo View Post
agree.
s346k is offline   Reply With Quote