Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #43
elcapitan1110
ElCapitan1110

Drives: 2010 Black RS/2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvrine View Post
DO you mind if I ask what you paid? YOu can private message me if you want.
The place I went to quoted me $385 and that seemed way too high. PLus they said 3.5 hr job, which also sounded wrong. it seems like everyone on the forum says that its 1.5 maybe 2 hr job.
Any thoughts?
My guy charged me $390. It was a little high, but he did quality work. Also, I was told that using the magnaflow resonated x-pipe was a more difficult install than using a normal x-pipe, because technically the magnaflow part is a muffler. I believe that's why he charged me more. Mine took a little over 2 hours
elcapitan1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #44
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Knew you would like it. It's still worth the money even if you paid a little more than others. As long as you're happy don't worry about what others paid....it's done and enjoy the new sound.

You should be able to sell it if you ever decide to go with headers and a different cat-back. I ended up selling mine to a guy with an LT for $300. I was happy....he was happy....and his car sounded much better as well.

Although I'm not a welder, I can't see how the resonated X would cost any more to install than any other x-pipe. They all have two pipes coming in and two pipes coming out. All four pipes have to be welded up. Again it doesn't matter as long as you're happy.

Don't feel bad.....I ended up basically paying twice since I had to have the first guys work re-done after he used a torch instead of a sawsall. I was a little pissed that I had to pay twice but I was happy with the end result.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #45
dma05

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
You got ripped. My guy at West Coast Exhaust did it in just under 2 hours, used a Magnaflow X-pipe and he bent his own piping. Cost: $185
Revo1: where is that shop located? Im in SoCal and looking to get this done... anyone else recommend a shop in SoCal?

thanks,
Allen
Old 03-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #46
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Alright, I did it!
I found a place that has a pretty good rep and went down there today.
They were really cool and it took about 45 min. to do. they charged me $120! Which made me pretty happy!
She sounds awesome now, and yes she has some decel pop, but I'm not bothered by it because the sound now is worth it!!
If anybody is looking to do this, they should!
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #47
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Alright, I did it!
I found a place that has a pretty good rep and went down there today.
They were really cool and it took about 45 min. to do. they charged me $120! Which made me pretty happy!
She sounds awesome now, and yes she has some decel pop, but I'm not bothered by it because the sound now is worth it!!
If anybody is looking to do this, they should!
If you don't like the decel popping you can learn to drive around it. I had to.

Assuming you're an M6 then push in the clutch as soon as you start hearing it or just touch the gas ever so slightly....just enough to get rid of the popping.

With an A6 you'll probably have to stick with giving it a little gas.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #48
wlvrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

Assuming you're an M6 then push in the clutch as soon as you start hearing it or just touch the gas ever so slightly....just enough to get rid of the popping.

You know what? I did notice that when I was driving and I ended up doing just that.
Thanks.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #49
elcapitan1110
ElCapitan1110

Drives: 2010 Black RS/2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

I kinda like the popping... is that weird?
elcapitan1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #50
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Quote:
DO you mind if I ask what you paid? YOu can private message me if you want.
The place I went to quoted me $385 and that seemed way too high. PLus they said 3.5 hr job, which also sounded wrong. it seems like everyone on the forum says that its 1.5 maybe 2 hr job.
Any thoughts?
Yeah, they were definitely playing you. Although I paid more ($200) than most (kept the stock H-pipe), and it took only 1.5 hours, that was with custom mandrel-bent piping made on the spot w/ some trial & error. 'Served me well for almost 2 years and I'd say it was worth it, but now I've moved on to a full-exhaust setup...

'Thinking of selling my old muffler delete, as it could still be re-fitted to someone else's exhaust; we cut it just past where the new pipe slipped onto the stock pipe, but there's still enough of the slip joint to fit another's stock piping, if not too much piping is cut after the stock muffler.
Mods: Forged 416 LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 SC (~11 psi), custom cam (232/247, .630/.630, 118 LSA), 90-lb. injectors, ZL1 fuel pump & ADM controller, Alky Control meth kit, Monster LT1-SC twin-disk clutch, ZL1 drivetrain conversion w/ DSS 1000-HP axles & 1-pc. driveshaft, CAI Inc. intake w/ ADM scoop, XS Power full exhaust (1 7/8" LT headers with 3" off-road pipes), VMAX CNC-ported TB, LSR adjustable sway bars, LPE rear end-links, BMR 1" drop, BMR polyurethane bushings; UMI trailing arms & toe rods. Built & tuned by Kraftworks. 755 rwhp/708 rwtq
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #51
wlvrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcapitan1110 View Post
I kinda like the popping... is that weird?
Nope!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #52
wlvrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
Yeah, they were definitely playing you. Although I paid more ($200) than most (kept the stock H-pipe), and it took only 1.5 hours, that was with custom mandrel-bent piping made on the spot w/ some trial & error. 'Served me well for almost 2 years and I'd say it was worth it, but now I've moved on to a full-exhaust setup...

'Thinking of selling my old muffler delete, as it could still be re-fitted to someone else's exhaust; we cut it just past where the new pipe slipped onto the stock pipe, but there's still enough of the slip joint to fit another's stock piping, if not too much piping is cut after the stock muffler.
Yeah, I knew they were, I'm glad i found this place!
I think I'll probably keep my mufflers too.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #53
Mikeg1028
dark side has cookies

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Watch in HD, sound comes out pretty clear

This setup went on well under $200. Best bang for buck, period.
Jizzed in my pants

2013 Mustang GT
Paxton 2200 SL Supercharger
Recaro Seats
-Current-
Mikeg1028 is offline   Reply With Quote