Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
trainjeff24

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2015 STI, 2013 ZL1
Oracle Foglight Issue

Hey guys I'm trying to get a lot of lighting work done on my 13 ZL1 ( colors shift headlight and fogs, grille lighting, afterburner, bow tie light). I found a shop in Nashville that's going to do it,

Here's the bad news, the owner called me to let me know that Oracle is back ordered on the SS Foglight 2.0 color shift. He was also told that the 2.0. CANNOT work with the ZL1. I owned a SS before my Z and I'm pretty sure the foglight housings are the same deminsions. He asked if I could take a picture of a measurement of the housing, unfortunately I'm TDY and can't take the picture. Is anyone familiar with the dimensions? Or can take a pic? Or already has. ZL1 with the oracle halos in fogs. He also informed me that he could form the the halo ring to fit the fogs if they are in fact not the same.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Oracle Foglight Issue

If you are talking about the DRL housing, it is exactly the same on the SS and ZL1. The P/N for both is 2592297. I just installed DRL halos (that NightOwl is selling) in 2 SS cars and my own ZL1 and they are all that part number.

If you are actually talking about the fog light on the ZL1 then yes, they are completely different. I've never seen anyone even attempt to install halos in those.

As far as Oracle being backordered, have you seen the DRL RGB halos from NightOwl? They blow Oracle's version away since Oracle uses SMD led rings and NightOwl uses COB rings (Oracle calls them plasma rings). Oracle does not even have RGB plasma rings available. NightOwl has his rings in stock. Check out this link if you are not familiar with them. They will work with any RGB controller as well.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7605231
Old 04-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
What Oracle is calling the Foglight color shift is really for the DRL's on our cars and what they should have called it all along (even on the SS). My brother measured mine when he sourced the rings that I use. I'll see if he still has the measurements for the fogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
I've never seen anyone even attempt to install halos in those.
I did but they are not color changing...

Old 04-25-2014, 01:01 PM   #4
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
What Oracle is calling the Foglight color shift is really for the DRL's on our cars and what they should have called it all along (even on the SS). My brother measured mine when he sourced the rings that I use. I'll see if he still has the measurements.

I did but they are not color changing...

Any idea where those are from?
Old 04-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #5
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Quote:
Any idea where those are from?
From this small retrofit company (they are local to me): https://www.facebook.com/IconicDesignz

Old 04-25-2014, 07:58 PM   #6
trainjeff24

Quote:
If you are talking about the DRL housing, it is exactly the same on the SS and ZL1. The P/N for both is 2592297. I just installed DRL halos (that NightOwl is selling) in 2 SS cars and my own ZL1 and they are all that part number.

If you are actually talking about the fog light on the ZL1 then yes, they are completely different. I've never seen anyone even attempt to install halos in those.

As far as Oracle being backordered, have you seen the DRL RGB halos from NightOwl? They blow Oracle's version away since Oracle uses SMD led rings and NightOwl uses COB rings (Oracle calls them plasma rings). Oracle does not even have RGB plasma rings available. NightOwl has his rings in stock. Check out this link if you are not familiar with them. They will work with any RGB controller as well.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7605231
I'm pissed now I already put down 800 bucks and that's a little over half with the install. Those night owls look a lot better, I always hated the SMD look but I thought they were the best out. Only issue is I don't have a installer. I doubt that he will switch midship to the night owls but I'm going to ask him
Old 04-25-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
trainjeff24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
From this small retrofit company (they are local to me): https://www.facebook.com/IconicDesignz

Man I really wish those halos were RGB I really like the look of them. Thanks man let me know if you get the measurements.