Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

View Poll Results: fuel or battery related?
yes 1 50.00%
no 0 0%
maybe so 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2016, 09:05 AM   #1
TheGuy203

Drives: 2010 Cammed Black Camaro SS
Unhappy Camaro Misfires and Codes

hey Guys I'm new to the forums my name is Rob, currently driving a Black 2010 Cammed LS3 Camaro. loved the car since got it but its been giving me some issues lately. during the winter i installed a viper remote start with failsafe so it never started in gear but after awhile it shorted out and it happened, dad moved the car and left it in gear, jammed and made some noises before i realized what was up. after that it threw some codes reading a crankshaft and camshaft sensors however i do not have the exact codes themselves I'm going off memory for i don't have the pics of them anymore. had one or 2 episodes where it was a bizarre turnover and it made all types of noises, threw codes, all my lights and backfired and misfired during a ride i had to take other wise i would have avoided it. now during daily drives which are few and far between the car sputters, doesn't seem like its driving right, i wanna say I'm getting a misfire around 2500-2900 rpm. wot she pulls no problem. if aye has a any experience or prior knowledge to any symptoms like this and could help that would be appreciated for this is my last resort
TheGuy203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #2
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Well, I would guess that if the first codes you got were crank and cam position sensors, and the car is currently experiencing slight to moderate misfire issues, the timing gears may have slipped a bit when the engine was trying to start while locked up in gear. At the very least your timing would be off. The valve train could be damaged as well.

How is the car shifting? In this situation I would think the transmission and driveline would get the bulk of the hit, but maybe not.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:01 PM   #3
TheGuy203

The transmission seems unaffected completely, only thing I noticed was the motor sputtering/surging when starting from a stop. Just haad it looked at again and it fired up no issue, drove problem free for about 500yards then everything became prevelant. Power surges and more sputtering.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:15 PM   #4
TheGuy203

When the cam and tune it runs on now was done it had a catless straight pipe with glass packs for exhaust, now I put some ATAK mufflers and hiflow cats, unfortunately there are tons of exhaust leaks. Would there be an backpressure issues from that or no? And what do you recommend for a full reliable replacement ?
Old 11-04-2016, 02:23 AM   #5
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuy203 View Post
When the cam and tune it runs on now was done it had a catless straight pipe with glass packs for exhaust, now I put some ATAK mufflers and hiflow cats, unfortunately there are tons of exhaust leaks. Would there be an backpressure issues from that or no? And what do you recommend for a full reliable replacement ?
Well, from your first post, it sounded like the symptoms started after the incident with the aftermarket remote start. Or did they start right after installation of the new exhaust? I guess the best thing you can do is take it back to your tuner and put it on a wideband and see what's going on in there. Maybe there's something in the remote starter that is messing with fuel trims? Not sure.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:59 AM   #6
TheGuy203

That's what I'm gonna do then, I'll have a tuner take a loook at it thank you